British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon V Poole Elite Shield 1st Leg. 27/3/14

Have to laugh at one of the stewards who 'patrols' like a predator inside the stadium during meetings. He wears sunglasses on his baseball cap whatever the weather!!

Talking of our famous bogs, rumour has it they have been spruced up for this season. Sheets of crinkly toilet paper provided now along with a slab of soap and candle light. Cockroaches and woodlouse beware....

Cockroaches ER, I think your telling 'porkies' - the temperature in there never gets much above freezing and those dark shadows bounce around you, candlelight will just make us all 'frown and hold on' that little bit longer...

Cockroaches ER, I think your telling 'porkies' - the temperature in there never gets much above freezing and those dark shadows bounce around you, candlelight will just make us all 'frown and hold on' that little bit longer...

You are scaring me yerropes....I'm definitely using the Grandstand bogs this season.... ;)

Weirdo :D

What you on about, the moon gives out more light than the bulb in there, and the management want to reduce their electricity bill at the stadium. That was the case the last time I used them about 30 years ago. I can rent out torches to those that want to use one and wellies.

Edited after Yerropes quote

Edited by A ORLOV

What you on about, the moon gives out more light than the bulb in there, why waist electricity.

A fair point.. :t:

I can rent out torches to those that want one and wellies.

Ssssh Orlov, that very successful businessman Mr Shovlar might beat you to it... :D

• Like 2

This meeting is two days away and apart from the discussion about the excellent back straight facilities and the new required dress code for fans this thread seems to be rather quiet, very few posts from the dark forces of Dorset, they must have concerns about their team.

The weather at the moment is predicted to be dry, there may be a light shower in the afternoon.

No fears from darkest Dorset. The silence from North Wiltshire however means the Robins fans are slightly worried to make a prediction about this meeting.

To be honest it's a hard one to call. swindons first meeting and Pooles first away fixture. Pretty close if you ask me and no more than 4-6 points in it either way.

Forecast looks decent so a good crowd should be along for this.

• Like 1

Don't forget Shov's open toe'd sandals speculation too....

Don't forget Shov's open toe'd sandals speculation too....

Not this time of year. Definitely thick socks and four layers of clothing, plus my thermal hat.

Holder in for Ward at Blunsdon for this 'friendly', as rumoured since Press Day last week!!! :t:

Incoming............!!!!!!!!

Edited by Skidder1

Holder in for Ward at Blunsdon for this 'friendly', as rumoured since Press Day last week!!! :t:

Which means it's just a challenge match.

Im surprised he hasnt replaced Smart........

• Like 3

What's the reason for his absence please?

What's the reason for his absence please?

Probably just fancied giving one of their assets, who has been injured, a chance to have a ride. I'm sure Swindon have no problem with it either or it wouldn't be happening.

Disappointing though. Ward is brilliant around. Blunsdon, Noddy slightly less so.

Think the move is advantage Swindon now for this one.

Good chance to see Holder racing at Blunsdon this year, we'll get to see Ward on 18th April.

Tough one to call this, Poole do look a cracking side and can see Milik taking to Blunsdon quite well.

Neck on the line, I'll go for Robins by 2. Looking forward to seeing some racing!