British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Kings Lynn Stars 11/04/2014

Got to be doubts about the track after the stocks last week.

No Howarth and Garrity far from fit.

Easy 10+pt win for KL

Is it definitely on 365, I cant see it in the listing? :/

It was mentioned last night it would be shown. Normally don't show on the website until race day

The only thing that puts me off going is the Coventry track one thing I don't want to do is travel to Brandon for nothing .

Was thinking the same.Would have to book a holiday aswell.Caught in two mind now,if I could be assured it would be on I would go.Unless of course the weather intervenes which is understandable.

It was mentioned last night it would be shown. Normally don't show on the website until race day

Awesome, I shall be watching myself then :t:

I'm another who will be watching on bet365 really not worth the risk in traveling to Brandon

• Like 1

Bet365 sounds great but reading on many threads the amount of fans now choseing to watch their speedway on there instead of going to the meeting to me is a little worrying.Clubs are finding it tough to make it pay with the fans they have already lost to sky and many other reasons without loseing more to 365(more so home fans).The more fans they lose the more chance there will be of there being less clubs to watch speedway live or on tv in Britain.Never mind we can always watch the G P and Swedish speedway on euro sport.(soz perhaps me just being a little paranoid or perhaps not time will tell)Will just be my luck Belle vue will get a new stadium after all these years and there will be no bugger to race in it lol.

The programme will have a 4 page insert with racecard and all the latest news from the EL upto yesterday. Its been reduced to £2.

Do you have to join Bet365 to watch? I'm not really a betting man, but is there simply a link on their web site to click on and watch the match? Perhaps one of you existing watchers could advise me on the procedure.

Hoping for a Stars win at Brandon, and praying the track will allow some good racing. I partly agree with you BV 72 about the coverage, but at least it gives away fans a chance to follow a match that they would be unable to get to due to work commitments. I would never choose TV over a live match myself. Unlike football, Speedway tracks run on every day of the week, which makes away meetings difficult, if not impossible for many fans. However there should be no excuse for sitting in front of the TV when its a home match being televised.

Its ironical that many years ago we moaned about the lack of TV coverage, and now we think it may be too much! I guess the jury is out on that one.

Will be watching this on Bet365 - BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!! Get in!!!!!!!

No risk of a dodgy track prep and travel expense.

It's not the same though is it watching on a tiny screen with a chap on one camera following the leading riders. If it was on Sky I could understand you not travelling but not staying at home to watch on bet365 when there's a good chance your team will win pretty easily. There's also no reason why the track shouldn't be in good condition as they've had all week to sort it out since the Stock Cars. I think lessons have been learnt and it won't happen again.

.....bunce......Do you have to join Bet365 to watch? I'm not really a betting man, but is there simply a link on their web site to click on and watch the match? Perhaps one of you existing watchers could advise me on the procedure.

Yes you have to join to watch and it costs £5. So easy that even I managed it and I don't bet either. You can even join via the forum if you go to the Speedway Betting thread as there is a link at the top. When you've joined you just log in (remember your name and password!) click on 'live streaming' and speedway, find the match then off you go.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Do you have to join Bet365 to watch? I'm not really a betting man, but is there simply a link on their web site to click on and watch the match? Perhaps one of you existing watchers could advise me on the procedure.

Hoping for a Stars win at Brandon, and praying the track will allow some good racing. I partly agree with you BV 72 about the coverage, but at least it gives away fans a chance to follow a match that they would be unable to get to due to work commitments. I would never choose TV over a live match myself. Unlike football, Speedway tracks run on every day of the week, which makes away meetings difficult, if not impossible for many fans. However there should be no excuse for sitting in front of the TV when its a home match being televised.

Its ironical that many years ago we moaned about the lack of TV coverage, and now we think it may be too much! I guess the jury is out on that one.

You have to set up an account with bet365 and put a fiver on it then you can watch lots of sport. You dont have to bet to watch.

It's not the same though is it watching on a tiny screen with a chap on one camera following the leading riders. If it was on Sky I could understand you not travelling but not staying at home to watch on bet365 when there's a good chance your team will win pretty easily. There's also no reason why the track shouldn't be in good condition as they've had all week to sort it out since the Stock Cars. I think lessons have been learnt and it won't happen again.

Weather has been perfect too so no excuses this time.

COVENTRY face a mouth-watering Elite League home season-opener when much-fancied King’s Lynn visit Brandon on Friday (7.30pm).
The Buildbase Bees have taken five points from away matches at Swindon and Birmingham to already match their total on the road from the entire 2013 campaign.
But they are likely to face the toughest of tests against the Stars, who are tipped to be amongst the title challenges this year and who always perform well at Brandon.
In fact, in the six Elite League matches staged between the sides at Coventry since the Stars’ return to the top flight in 2011, there have never been more than six points between them at the end of the meeting.
King’s Lynn’s top three consists of two Grand Prix stars, World No.3 Niels-Kristian Iversen and fellow Dane Kenneth Bjerre, as well as long-serving former Bee Rory Schlein – and they also include 16-year-old sensation Robert Lambert in the main body of the team as well as Lewis Kerr at reserve, who was ranked the top rider in the winter draft list.
Bees are forced into a change in their top five with Kyle Howarth, so impressive at Birmingham on Wednesday, involved in Premier League Cup action for Workington at Edinburgh.
Under the regulations a guest replacement has to be sourced from the Premier League, below Howarth’s converted average, and Bees have moved for Danish rider Claus Vissing who has made a good start to the season with his new club Berwick.
Hans Andersen continues to ride through the pain barrier after suffering a knee injury in the opening match at Swindon, whilst Bees have a concern over Jason Garrity who struggled at Birmingham as a result of a heavy crash at Plymouth last Friday.
Manager Gary Havelock said: “Five points from two matches has been an excellent start for us, especially thinking back when we were sat on zero last year!
“But we know Friday is going to be a very difficult one, King’s Lynn look to have a very good team and they are being tipped for honours so it’s going to be a real test.”
Havelock has also praised reserve James Sarjeant for his quick adaptation to the Elite League, with the Storm captain having made a key contribution in both senior matches so far.
He added: “Everyone was raving before the season about us having the best reserve in Jason Garrity, but James has just gone about his business quietly and there are a lot of plus points with him.”
Friday’s meeting also includes a full second half with the Coventry Mercia-Vikings opening their Midland Development League programme against King’s Lynn.

BUILDBASE BEES: Hans Andersen, Ryan Fisher, Kenneth Hansen, Claus Vissing, Chris Harris, Jason Garrity, James Sarjeant.
KING’S LYNN: Niels-Kristian Iversen, Nicklas Porsing, Rory Schlein, Robert Lambert, Kenneth Bjerre, Lewis Kerr, Lewis Rose.

Yes you have to join to watch and it costs £5. So easy that even I managed it and I don't bet either. You can even join via the forum if you go to the Speedway Betting thread as there is a link at the top.

You can say for sure this one will be on then,assuming the weather stays kind.

Thanks guys for the info on joining Bet365, I'll do that straight away.

I might even put some money on Martin Smolinski for 2014 World Champion!!!

• Like 2

You can say for sure this one will be on then,assuming the weather stays kind.

Neil is the best one to answer that as I live in Leicester so can't just pop into Brandon to see what it's like but there is no reason, apart from it chucking it down with rain tomorrow, why it should be called off.

.....Bunce.....

Thanks guys for the info on joining Bet365, I'll do that straight away.

I might even put some money on Martin Smolinski for 2014 World Champion!!!

Hey steady on I don't want to be the one to make you lose loads of money. :D

Edited by Gemini

Not the same watching it on a little screen as it is being there.

Think with a full team we would push them close but with Vissing instead of Howarth and Garrity riding with injury, I can only see a King's Lynn win.

Think King's Lynn at Brandon and Poole away will be 2 of our toughest fixtures this year