British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Poole V Kings Lynn 28/05/2014

I think we'll take a point, and if we don't we'll know exactly how much work will need to be done for any potential play off tie.

I feel quite confident we'll take point(s) away from our visit to Dorset. How many, depends on many thing, but its a long time since we go to places like Poole and feel confident of success.

Could be a practice run for the play-offs.

• Like 1

Bridger rode well for us at WR a couple of weeks ago 10 from 4 so should go well for the Pirates.

If Poole win Shovvy will make a comeback to the forum with a biased match report bet 365 offering 1/6 apparently.

A pointless fixture: This won't be a rehearsal for the Play-offs.

Poole are without Magic and THJ.

yes these elite league matches are so pointless. Magic is ill so we may as well call it off. Bit like MJJ when he had his hay fever. These meetings should not go ahead lets think of these poor riders.

in case you hadnt realised THJ doesnt race for Poole im not sure you can compute simple information thick as pigs really arent you

There probably wasn't a page set up as I guess most Poole fans think it will only lead to other forum users having a go about them either a) being arrogant as they predict a pirates win or B) predicting a loss which would be seen as under playing the pirates so they can brag when they win. Personally I don't blame them, I think kings lynn will win as they have better reserves and at WR Janowski is a class above Bridger. That said am still looking forward to Janowski (the pirates weak link in Gavan's eyes) being sacked and joining the mighty Brummies.

• Like 1

A pointless fixture: This won't be a rehearsal for the Play-offs.

Poole are without Magic and THJ.

Bridger rode well for us at WR a couple of weeks ago 10 from 4 so should go well for the Pirates.

If he would just change his name to Bridgersen..... :wink:

• Like 1

Didnt know Bjerre was back. Janowski is usually strong at home so dont think Bridger will will get as many as him. Darcy will be up against a true world class rider and the best rider in the elite league in Iversen and a strong back up in Bjerre means he could easily drop a few points.

Key here i think will be Porsing and Lambert v Josh and Milik.

Mallett could outscore Hopwood.

Kerr could outscore Newman.

Maybe Stars to nick this one.

That true world class best in the league rider who could only get 4 points on his own track last week!

Darcy is the best rider in the league and you know it.

We will definately miss Janowski having Bridger guesting is a real worry.

So biased.

Iversen is the best EL rider.

Cannot see this meeting going on, the weather looks awful tomorrow talks of flooding etc.

Nice to see Bridger guesting for Poole.

Be good to see a Lynn V Poole meeting run when both sides are at full strength.

• Like 1

Didnt know Bjerre was back. Janowski is usually strong at home so dont think Bridger will will get as many as him. Darcy will be up against a true world class rider and the best rider in the elite league in Iversen and a strong back up in Bjerre means he could easily drop a few points.

Key here i think will be Porsing and Lambert v Josh and Milik.

Mallett could outscore Hopwood.

Kerr could outscore Newman.

Maybe Stars to nick this one.

I can guarantee you one thing - Mallett will not outscore Hopwood in this one!!! :nono:

• Like 1

That true world class best in the league rider who could only get 4 points on his own track last week!

We will definately miss Janowski having Bridger guesting is a real worry.

i admit you are one of the decent Poole fans on here but sorry you are wrong on that one.

Iversen ahead of Darcy last year and this.

Also you know Iversen is world class as you dont get to world number 3 otherwise.

What i was getting at is that Darcy would be fancied to get a maximum unless up against Neils, Tai or Zagar and possibly Kildemand

I can guarantee you one thing - Mallett will not outscore Hopwood in this one!!! :nono:

lol yes i see Morley is riding. His form for Lakeside is far better than anything Hopwood has managed so far.

There probably wasn't a page set up as I guess most Poole fans think it will only lead to other forum users having a go about them either a) being arrogant as they predict a pirates win or B) predicting a loss which would be seen as under playing the pirates so they can brag when they win. Personally I don't blame them, I think kings lynn will win as they have better reserves and at WR Janowski is a class above Bridger. That said am still looking forward to Janowski (the pirates weak link in Gavan's eyes) being sacked and joining the mighty Brummies.

didnt say he was the weak link thats clearly the number 7 berth.

Janowski is very inconsistent and i feel he could let the pirates down as push come to shove

It's all relative as riders are better than others at different tracks and it depends on where you normally see them. At Lynn, Darcy and Janowski are great. Magic is inconsistent at a number of tracks but after a year at Lynn, he has our place sussed. That's why I think IF it was a Poole v Lynn Grand Final, Poole would have the edge as they have a team that's better at the NA than we have at Wimborne Rd.

In terms of who is better, Iversen's strength is his consistency. He normally turns in big scores week in, week out due to immaculate equipment and professionalism. I would say that Darcy is the more naturally talented rider on a bike. If he ever takes his racing as seriously as Niels, he'd be unstoppable in my eyes as he has everything required to be the best.

I do think Darcy is starting to mature now and hopefully we'll spend more time talking about his on track performances than his antics off it. I genuinely hope he continues to develop as he's one of a few riders that I actually look forward to watching ride and would gladly pay to see.

As for tomorrow, be delighted with a point as that means Poole only make up a point on us in the league and keeps up our record of getting at least a point from every meeting this season.

C'mon the Stars :drink:

• Like 1

So biased.

Iversen is the best EL rider.

Cant i be biased now and again, Iversen is a great rider and in the EL he has performed better but he wouldn't beat a fully fit Ward.