British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

HAVE you been to Vojens? There is a permanent grandstand on home straight (everything else is temporary) but it has no bar, restaurant or corporate facilities which is something BV will have.

Not true.Just ignoring things that don't suit your arguement.The refreshment facilities and the toilet facilities are permanent as is the very useful 80cc track next door.All in all the package is different but as a national stadium.not much better imo

THERE are no toilets or refreshment facilities in the actual stand. No restaurant or bar either, which in Belle Vue's case will be open during the week. Not belittling Vojens, where I am heading again later this week, but there is no real comparison between the grandsrtand there and the one which will be built in Manchester.

I wasn't comparing one grandstand with another.If you look i was comparing the stadium as a whole with another.You were the one who said everything in the stadium was temporary apart from the grandstand and i just pointed out you were not telling the truth....... :blink:

And to answer your question if i have been to Vojens.Yes i have as have many thousands of others.As it stands at the moment neither you or anyone else has been to the national Stadium and seen a race,let alone any grandstand or bar

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

What exactly has a track near a rural village in a small foreign country got to do with a stadium being built within a mile of one of the biggest cities in Europe as part of the biggest building project Manchester has seen since the early 90's?

That's a bit like comparing the organisation of the school sports day to organising the Olympic Games.

I think I read somewhere that the tea huts at Vojens are actually permanent so well done for pointing that out.

iris 1 Rising 0 lol!

Well it is a bit unfair to compare Vojens with Manchester i agree which is why i asked Phil if Gorican was better or worse.It seemed better to compare a country that has only produced 1 decent rider in the last decade rather than a country like Denmark.The trouble was Phil ducked out of that one.So maybe 2-0 to me :rofl:

I can sense your disappointment but err..... so what?

Besides, better late than never eh? Just ask a fan from Bradford or Oxford or Reading or Cradley or....... I think you get the point.

What exactly has a track near a rural village in a small foreign country got to do with a stadium being built within a mile of one of the biggest cities in Europe as part of the biggest building project Manchester has seen since the early 90's?

That's a bit like comparing the organisation of the school sports day to organising the Olympic Games.

I think I read somewhere that the tea huts at Vojens are actually permanent so well done for pointing that out.

iris 1 Rising 0 lol!

Sunderland. :t::sad: :sad: :sad:

Well it is a bit unfair to compare Vojens with Manchester i agree which is why i asked Phil if Gorican was better or worse.It seemed better to compare a country that has only produced 1 decent rider in the last decade rather than a country like Denmark.The trouble was Phil ducked out of that one.So maybe 2-0 to me :rofl:

SORRY, missed the bit about Gorican which overall is better because it has seating all the way round but let's not forget that it was built by the Pavlic family as a labour of love, no planning issues and at relatively little cost.

My main point is that the actual grandstand facility at the new BV will have far more facilities than either Gorican or Vojens and will provide a first class viewing experience along with the opportunity to dine and watch. It will also be available throughout the week and not simply for the speedway.

I'm going for a draw...

• Like 1

I'm going for a draw...

I'll accept that :t:

So it's the National speedway stadium. It will host EL and NL racing, training sessions and World Championship meetings. But it only has permission (well, at present it has no permission!) for running Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays evenings and only for 43 events a year. So lets assume EL speedway takes up 22 meeting (18 league, 2 play-off, P&P and a pre-meeting challenge) while the NL takes up 8 meetings. Thats 30 meetings. Add in a World Championship meeting thats 31. So it can be used for 12 days for training.

Newport used to have less restriction FFS - you'd often if if you were over the right side of Newport hear riders practising during the day! Newport also had a permanent bar too. And a snack bar!

We were told it would have unrestricted use and be using for training. With only 12 spare dates, I can't see that happening.

Those of us who said that what we were promised would not happen have been proved right. Planning permission has not gone in for that but something smaller and with much greater constraints.

At the rate the crowds are falling across the country, I hope there are enough fans still attending speedway to make the stadium viable WHEN it gets built.

In a way what is really sad is that at Plough Lane there was/is a facility that was much better than this proposed stadium and it was run down to the ground and maybe speedway should have got together and taken the stadium as was proposed in the Star back in the day.........

• Like 3

Lol!

"Training can also take place on event days"

That doesn't mean (I know it's obvious but some people!) that training can ONLY take place on event days.

There will be 7 hours 'stand alone' training a week as described plus training on event days. Each training session will be limited to 2 hours during the week and three hours at the weekend.

If I was a resident about to complain I would be saying that during the main season the stadium will be used for, say, 2 hours on a Monday, 2 hours on a Tuesday and three hours on a Sunday and there will be 43 days when events also allow a 2 hour training session to be conducted.

In the out of season there will be training for say 2 hours on a Monday, 2 hours on Tuesday and 3 hours on Saturday and there will be a 6 days when events also allow a two hour training session to be conducted.

A quick fag packet sum comes up with errr....... 52x2x2 + 52x1x3 + 43x2 + 6x2.

Do that little sum and the answer is total number of hours training that will be available. During the main season the stadium will be used 4 up to 6 days a week and in the close season it will be 3 or 4 days a week.

I bet it doesn't all get used. Ha Ha

Shame

I wonder if yo really believe any of that or if you are just too stupid to see what is written. I suspect the latter

• Like 1

In a way what is really sad is that at Plough Lane there was/is a facility that was much better than this proposed stadium and it was run down to the ground and maybe speedway should have got together and taken the stadium as was proposed in the Star back in the day.........

LARRY Ross went to have a look at Plough Lane, his original stomping ground in the UK of course, where he was here recently and said it is now "a dump." Very sad.

• Like 2

Rayleigh! :sad::cry:

New Cross, Wimbledon, Wembley, West Am, Ackney, White City, and those once great sides of Reading and Oxford(which means no more local derbies for Swindon).