British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

wow.....

what a sport..................!!!

how can anyone not get massive crowds for a sport as exciting as this one...??

to do that would really be an incredible level of incompetence given what you have to work with..

wouldnt it?? :o

• Like 2

Come down to earth people, this is the world championship, it should be a bigger occasion than any league racing imo!

Without league racing there would be no world championship though .....

Cardiff really does set the standard, will BSI consider a slight reduction in ticket prices so the place sells out, maybe the hotels in Cardiff might do like wise.

• Like 3

Come down to earth people, this is the world championship, it should be a bigger occasion than any league racing imo!

Without league racing there would be no world championship though .....

Fair comment but I doubt the world would miss the EL :)

But why is it the sport here can't learn any lessons from Cardiff.

Surely most of the promoters go to that and see what is done there.

Is there nothing to be learned from something that excites speedway fans that could be taken and implemented in the lower tier?

Cardiff really does set the standard, will BSI consider a slight reduction in ticket prices so the place sells out, maybe the hotels in Cardiff might do like wise.

I doubt it as hotels take advantage of this kind of thing.

Last weekend at Sonisphere the hotel I was in was charging £199 for a twin room but on the Monday after the festival ended wanted £75.

They will always take advantage :(

• Like 1

Well I would Pandorum :-) Wouldn't swop a season of BEL speedway for one bloody Cardiff!

I know Pearson likes to over exaggerate, but what was all this mass media coverage he was talking about? He was also doing his bit early on to make Niki out to be the villain, first with Tai and then with Ward. Still, we got until the very end after the final before he used the word 'legend' tonight.

But back to the meeting, an interesting GP, not the best racing but the atmosphere really came across the TV, it sounded deafening.

Last weekend at Sonisphere the hotel I was in was charging £199 for a twin room but on the Monday after the festival ended wanted £75.

They will always take advantage :(

Most places do this as standard normally anyway, more expensive prices for Friday and Saturday evenings.

I concur with The Return - a fantastic occasion, an awesome atmosphere and an interesting meeting ... but breathtaking and fantastic racing (the words of the over-excited Andy Jaye). Not from where I was sitting.

• Like 1

It was a shame we had to have sky commentary team as when I first switched on and saw Scottie and Crumpie I was over the moon .Eurosport had what was potentially a top class commentary team at their disposal, I suppose Sky must have a clause in the contract to still use shouty and Kelv .Fingers crossed for a change in the near future.

Good news is I had £10 on the mighty Grin at 7/1 pick up 80 smackeroonies in the morning

Wishful thinking, that ain't gonna happen. The Cardiff Hotels make their money this weekend. That said, it really wouldn't hurt BSI to dangle a carrot or 6 at the fans, swings and roundabouts and all that..

Edited by Starman2006

I concur with The Return - a fantastic occasion, an awesome atmosphere and an interesting meeting ... but breathtaking and fantastic racing (the words of the over-excited Andy Jaye). Not from where I was sitting.

To be fair I don,t think Andy has been to Cardiff before and if its your first time it is a fantastic experience.If any fans get a chance to do the pits tour and walk up the tunnel it is awesome believe me .Iv,e done 7 Cardiff G/P,s as assistant trackman with Colin Meredith before the Danish Organisation took full control and it is nothing like normal racing mode .It really is superb ..

It was a shame we had to have sky commentary team as when I first switched on and saw Scottie and Crumpie I was over the moon .Eurosport had what was potentially a top class commentary team at their disposal, I suppose Sky must have a clause in the contract to still use shouty and Kelv .Fingers crossed for a change in the near future.

Good news is I had £10 on the mighty Grin at 7/1 pick up 80 smackeroonies in the morning

You could have got 10's generally last night !!! ;)

The occasion might be great but give me the racing from the Pairs last night. Far Superior.

• Like 3

Just got back to hotel, atmosphere amazing as usual, crowd looked decent The announcer said 50,000 before the meeting started, dont think it was that big but over 40, 000 imo.

Well done Greg, gutted Woffy didnt win it. Racing I thought was poor but really I enjoyed the occasion and a popular winner.

Just one thing, anyone see that Blue Flare land on the track at the end. I was third bend, middle tier and it wasnt thrown from my area. Was it shown on tv?

Canny day, only negatives, air horns and the announcer... Thought the rider introduction format was good again this year also.

Well done Greg! All the Hancock moaners that he is boring really don't know there sport the man is a legend. Tai done us proud again. What was also good to see was Darcy using his head more as the track rutted up. If he keeps doing that he could become a challenger but he needs Tai and Greg to have bad ones. The racing was poor but atmosphere electric

• Like 1