British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye V Newcastle 2nd August.

Looking at the BSPA website there's no mention of this match. Have I missed something here? Surely the old boy hasn't called it off already due to the weather forecast? Surely not that team GB are in the WTC final????????

If it is because of team GB in the final I see it's being held locally in Bydgoszcz in Poland over 900 miles away!

Edited by Dave Stummings

Is it any wonder speedway is losing fans??!!! 2 rooms booked at Peterborough for the Diamonds match at Rye and then the 4's and now it seems to be called off? JOKE! Thanks Len.

If its off there will be 2 family rooms going at Peterborough Alwalton which were purchased at £44 per room per night but would be open to offers

Edited by Gaz

Been told it's definitely Rye at Berwick on 2nd August

Is it any wonder speedway is losing fans??!!! 2 rooms booked at Peterborough for the Diamonds match at Rye and then the 4's and now it seems to be called off? JOKE! Thanks Len.

If its off there will be 2 family rooms going at Peterborough Alwalton which were purchased at £44 per room per night but would be open to offers

Feel for you Gaz. It's very short notice. Can't understand why they're in such a hurry to re stage

Rye House Rockets @RyeHouseFans 13m

The meeting between the Rockets & Newcastle, scheduled for next Saturday, has been POSTPONED, due to a clash with the World Cup Final

The meeting between the Rockets & Newcastle, scheduled for next Saturday, has been POSTPONED, due to a clash with the World Cup Final

Once again, speedway shoots itself in the foot...

But Rye House are happy enough to take a meeting at Berwick on the same day, would Newcastle have had to agree to the postponement of next Saturdays meeting, I mean the fixture was in the diary and has been for some time. I`ve no doubt the fact that Team GB have reached the Final will trotted out as the main reason.

But Rye House are happy enough to take a meeting at Berwick on the same day, would Newcastle have had to agree to the postponement of next Saturdays meeting, I mean the fixture was in the diary and has been for some time. I`ve no doubt the fact that Team GB have reached the Final will trotted out as the main reason.

Are they at Berwick though? It surely up to the Bandits and Glasgow to agree and there has been nothing

Interestly at Glasgow this afternoon (Sunday) the supporter club are still running a coach to Berwick next Saturday, it seems they're out of the loop and saying they're still riding at Berwick next Saturday!

They are... You ain't :lol:

• Like 1

2nd August on the Rye House fixture list is Berwick away. Odd...

Not any more, the fixture has vanished.

19.7 rye v panthers - off weather and weakened rockets team

27.7 rye v kent - off too many meetings at the launch pad!!!

2.8 rye v diamonds - off speedway world Cup

How many more meetings are going to be called off at rye for no apparent reason, surely the Newcastle match could have been raced on Saturday afternoon like it was a few years ago. Which I seem to remember pulled in a decent crowd.

Edited by cityrebel
  • Like 1

Rye House told Newcastle not to come next week before asking Berwick if they were available. Well, they're not, so we have no meeting at all next Saturday. You couldn't make it up!!

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

All these people complaining about this there is 1 Newcastle supporter who was calling for matches to be called off when the FOOTBALL world cup was on. make your mind up mr park .