British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Poole Pirates Mon 29th

Poor decision by Matt Ford.........Can see KL winning this easily now!!!!!

:lol: R/R for Ward and you're saying is over. We have no Iversen & Bjerre and no guests at present. Aww bless poor Poole

• Like 2

:lol: R/R for Ward and you're saying is over. We have no Iversen & Bjerre and no guests at present. Aww bless poor Poole

How do you know you have no Bjerre and you will have a guest if he doesnt ride.

How do you know you have no Bjerre and you will have a guest if he doesnt ride.

I did say at present and at present Bjerre is still on the injury list as he didn't ride for his Polish club last night. We may well have a guest for either or but R/R for Ward does not make Poole weaker than us at this present time.

Poole only have Ward & Josh missing with only 1 injured rider. Milik due back and as for Pawlicki he rode great in GP challenge & Play offs last night so no longer injured)

King's Lynn could possibly have both heat leaders out (NKI being the strongest rider this year & impossible to replace) plus even if Bjerre does race, he is far from fitness. There is also no Lewis Rose. 3 injured riders.

Yes both teams are weaker than usual but it has definetely affected Kings Lynn more which is a shame as they had been the strongest team for most of the year.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

I did say at present and at present Bjerre is still on the injury list as he didn't ride for his Polish club last night. We may well have a guest for either or but R/R for Ward does not make Poole weaker than us at this present time.

At present doesn't matter, from what Matt Ford said in the paper, he inferred that Iversen would be r/r and a guest if Bjerre isn't available, I expect that guest will be Nicholls. If Bjerre is available then Nicholls could guest for Iversen but I would think, given Bjerre's record in play offs you would be better off without him.

Poole only have Ward & Josh missing with only 1 injured rider. Milik due back and as for Pawlicki he rode great in GP challenge & Play offs last night so no longer injured)

King's Lynn could possibly have both heat leaders out (NKI being the strongest rider this year & impossible to replace) plus even if Bjerre does race, he is far from fitness. There is also no Lewis Rose. 3 injured riders.

Yes both teams are weaker than usual but it has definetely affected Kings Lynn more which is a shame as they had been the strongest team for most of the year.

Poole have two riders coming back from injury and two riders out, Rose was injured but was replaced by Lambert so isnt in the team anymore so they dont need a guest for him, Bjerre is usually poor in the play offs and while Iversen is irreplaceable so is Ward. I dont see Rose being a big minus for them as Simon Lambert has been riding well and is miles better than Compton, not saying we wont win though because we beat them with a full team that included Iversen and Rose. Edited by foreverblue

I think you are being a little ignorant to how well Rose was riding before he got hurt, Lambert has done well but isn't at the same level as Rose IMO. Lewis would have a good chance of beating Newman but don't see Lambert doing that.

As for Bjerre we need him fit, Nicholls just isn't quick enough round Lynn nowadays as his guest appearances this year have shown. Would plump for Mads if we need a guest but either would leave us way down on firepower and facing a mountain to climb.

From being the strongest team in the league, we are now one of the weakest. Because of the league format, when the teams were assembled, Lynn, rightly or wrongly, elected to have a strong heat leaders, weaker second strings and top reserves. Now because injuries have taken away our strength positions, we are terribly weak and no available guests can rectify that. The riders left in the team are young, inexperienced and are unable to compensate for those quality riders we are missing. Unless something drastic happens, I believe the result is a foregone conclusion.

When you read some of the Poole posts about their weakened side and them having to use Cook instead of Josh, really makes my blood boil...............

They haven't got a clue......

From being the strongest team in the league, we are now one of the weakest. Because of the league format, when the teams were assembled, Lynn, rightly or wrongly, elected to have a strong heat leaders, weaker second strings and top reserves. Now because injuries have taken away our strength positions, we are terribly weak and no available guests can rectify that. The riders left in the team are young, inexperienced and are unable to compensate for those quality riders we are missing. Unless something drastic happens, I believe the result is a foregone conclusion.

When you read some of the Poole posts about their weakened side and them having to use Cook instead of Josh, really makes my blood boil...............

Kings Lynn elected to have strong reserves ? they were given Kerr that gave them a massive edge over most teams ... Cook is like for like with josh and with RR for Ward with that being filled by half fit riders makes poor very weak for this match . Not sure why that would make your blood boil .

MF has said Poole will 'probably' go with r/r at 1.

I think a final decision on whether a guest or r/r will be made after tonight's ELRC performances - depending on how Poole's other assets do!!!?

Edited by Skidder1

I think you are being a little ignorant to how well Rose was riding before he got hurt, Lambert has done well but isn't at the same level as Rose IMO. Lewis would have a good chance of beating Newman but don't see Lambert doing that.

As for Bjerre we need him fit, Nicholls just isn't quick enough round Lynn nowadays as his guest appearances this year have shown. Would plump for Mads if we need a guest but either would leave us way down on firepower and facing a mountain to climb.

If lambert gets a good gate he could beat Newman too, Rose didn't beat Newman last time Poole were at Kings Lynn. I disagree with Nicholls, he is riding very well at the moment and i would be very happy if he guested for us, i bet he goes well tonight.

Suppose that's why Cook has a lower EL average than Josh because he is so much better.Did you see him monday on the tv, he couldn't pass even on his home track.

Disagree all you like but you've not seen him at Lynn this year, has been slow.

Rose may not have beaten Newman at Lynn but he did it at Poole and was improving all the time. Lambert has his moments but couldn't keep Ellis behind him last week so would have little chance against Newman IMO even if he gated.

King in for Ward, Nicholls in for Iversen.

Suppose that's why Cook has a lower EL average than Josh because he is so much better.

Cook has earned his riding as a heat leader whilst Josh has been riding against FTR's and 2nd strings, no comparison

Edited by Silver Cheetah Snr
  • Like 3

If lambert gets a good gate he could beat Newman too, Rose didn't beat Newman last time Poole were at Kings Lynn. I disagree with Nicholls, he is riding very well at the moment and i would be very happy if he guested for us, i bet he goes well tonight.

Suppose that's why Cook has a lower EL average than Josh because he is so much better.Did you see him monday on the tv, he couldn't pass even on his home track.

Comparing the averages of a heat leader and a second string this season is extremely foolhardy ! Also judging a rider on one meeting (cook on monday ) is unfair !