British Speedway Forum
Ommer Mon

Coventry V Cradley Nl Koc Sf 26/9/14

Great stuff! Don't any of you folk go to ice hockey?

obviously not.

if they seen some of the goings on at ice hockey they would be having kittens and wanting every player banned for life. :D

• Like 1

If i was Nathans dad and a grown man grabbed my son by the throat i would of gave them a good smack as well.

Couldn't agree more.

obviously not.

if they seen some of the goings on at ice hockey they would be having kittens and wanting every player banned for life. :D

May I suggest that you stop posting about things you have no idea about. Then freak off back to watching videos of Torvill and Dean or maybe john curry if that’s your thing.

Edited by Pirio Barre

May I suggest that you stop posting about things you have no idea about. Then freak off back to watching videos of Torvill and Dean or maybe john curry if that’s your thing.

Pishy comment that.

I think the parallels with ice hockey are valid, and all the holier-than-thou comments on here are somewhat sad.

Blood and thunder brings in people to see it happen. Not milk and water.

• Like 7

Mr Blobby ice hockey players have sticks, protective clothing ant much more, these young men have motor cycles, no brakes, no gears, very powerful and dangerous when handled badly.

Mr Blobby ice hockey players have sticks, protective clothing ant much more, these young men have motor cycles, no brakes, no gears, very powerful and dangerous when handled badly.

What point are you trying to make exactly? as you've lost me

Edited by Mr Blobby

Do the parents of many ice hockey players get involved in the action ? Also is it normal for people to be taken to hospital after a " fight " on the ice ? The scenes last night are not what I want to see at Speedway , there's a big difference between the Emil V Scotty " dust up " at the GP a few years ago and what went on last night at Coventry

• Like 1

clean cut sports could make a fortune from this and potentially a christmas 2014 best seller.

However got to include ALL of the juicy bits though.

Pathetic to think that the speedway heroes of the future resort to such pathetic actions.

Olly Greenwood excepted, who is a credit to his profession. get well soon young man and wishing you a fantastic 2015 - you a credit to the sport as a young and up and coming rider - potential sponsors take note !!!!!!!!

Pathetic to think that the speedway heroes of the future resort to such pathetic actions.

Speedway riders having a few words? Happens all the time and 99% of the time it's not a problem. What is the issue here is all the people in the pits getting involved, not the two lads on track.

If i was Nathans dad and a grown man grabbed my son by the throat i would of gave them a good smack as well.

If your son is grown up enough to be riding league Speedway he is old enough to fight his own battles. That said the only battles he should ever have to fight should be against other riders.

My opinion always has been that riders will have spats and maybe throw a few punches and the refs shouldn't come down too hard on that but anybody except another rider who hits a rider should be banned from the pits or trackside for ever.

• Like 1

Mr Blobby. The point I am making is comparing Speedway with Ice Hockey is like trying to compare cricket with Table tennis!

The Cradley club seems to have a "win at all costs" mentality which includes building a ridiculously strong squad and wishing to trample (not literally) over all of their opposition. This has not been good for the sport at NL level.

A squad which was below the average limit at the start of the season.So should Cradley have a "let's not bother trying to be successful" mentality?

The idea of having a league is to win it.

Much as I dislike some of the more rowdy element. If Cradley have the best riders within the rules what ya gonna do?7

A squad which was below the average limit at the start of the season.So should Cradley have a "let's not bother trying to be successful" mentality?

This is a difficult one. And I don't know the answer. Cradley built a relatively young team to the limit. They have done nothing wrong. But Cradley constantly having super teams is not good for the league as a whole. But then equally nor is the Scunny team. I'd say Cradleys team is more to the ethos of the NL than the "young[sic] Stars" are at Lynn!

I don't know the answer, I don't blame Cradley for this either. Mind you, it does strike me as odd that they clearly have the ambition to be winners but not the ambition to be in a higher league. Surely trying to win the PL would be better than winning the NL? Because winning the NL doesn't really impress anyone. It's nice and lovely but at the end of the day, it's a kiddies league. Surely Cradley, in 30 years times when they're back in the EL are not going to look back at the good old days and comment on the "glory days" of winning everything at NL level? They'll get a minor mention as what set them back on track again.

Edited by SCB