British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle V Edinburgh Koc Semi-final ?

Once again confusion reigns for the Paying Customer. :sad: :sad: :sad:

P*** up and Brewery spring to mind.

It's not on our website afaics...but it's upsetting some folk on another thread

Mainly because you can't answer the question or when you do you have less evidence than those you're discussing it with. Wouldn't be surprised if you're right, but recently having gone through the unwritten March 1 rule we know all too well the workings of the clan BSPA.

Doubt this'll last long here but just to clarify although I'm probably looking in the wrong place to suit my argument:

Fri 03 Edinburgh_Monarchs.pngNewcastle_Diamonds.pngEdinburgh Monarchs v Newcastle Diamonds A 7:30pm Premier League Knock Out Cup split-h-748.png

Sun 05 newcastle_diamonds.pngReserved H 7:00pm Premier League

and on Edinburgh's site:

Sun 05 Peterborough Panthers v Edinburgh Monarchs League Cup

2:00pm

nexthomemeeting_051014.jpg

Edited by Crump99

Mainly because you can't answer the question or when you do you have less evidence than those you're discussing it with. Wouldn't be surprised if you're right, but recently having gone through the unwritten March 1 rule we know all too well the workings of the clan BSPA.

Doubt this'll last long here but just to clarify although I'm probably looking in the wrong place to suit my argument:

Fri 03 Edinburgh_Monarchs.pngNewcastle_Diamonds.png Edinburgh Monarchs v Newcastle Diamonds A 7:30pm Premier League Knock Out Cup split-h-748.png

Sun 05 newcastle_diamonds.png Reserved H 7:00pm Premier League

and on Edinburgh's site:

Sun 05 Peterborough Panthers v Edinburgh Monarchs League Cup

2:00pm

nexthomemeeting_051014.jpg

I was just taking advantage of you getting ur knickers in a twist crumpy :)
  • Like 1

Friday 3rd Edinburgh v Newcastle

Sunday 5th Newcastle v Edinburgh

KOC Semi

That's what Newcastle riders have been told

I was just taking advantage of you getting ur knickers in a twist crumpy :)

I never get my knickers in a twist, it's usually everyone else, I'll keep going all day. I'm happy with the fooball and the Arc. Would be better for us all though if speedway didn't keep confirming it's guardians couldn't run a bath? We await what Edinburgh riders have been told?

Edited by Crump99

To be honest I now hope it is Newcastle vs Edinburgh as I don't hold out much hope of organising getting to Peterborough for Sunday. We were so close to booking flights last week.

Promotions really need to get together better on this and stop working against each other. For what it's worth I think a cup final should supersede any seniority rules.

Hopefully there will be a decision today

from Edinburgh website

FIXTURE UPDATE Monday 29 September 2014, 18:30 UK BY TOBY LERONE New fixtures on our calendar are coming thick and fast at the moment and sometimes it is even difficult for us to keep up to speed.

However, as we look ahead to this week's action, Newcastle Diamonds will be at Armadale on Friday for the first leg of the Knock Out Cup semi Final. On Sunday 5th October we will be at Peterborough for a two o'clock start to the first leg of the League Cup Final. The deciding leg will be at Armadale on Friday 10th October.

With thanks to the co-operation of Newcastle promoter, George English, we will be at the Newcastle Stadium on Sunday 12th October for the second leg of the Knock Out Cup semi final. That will be a 6.30pm start
  • Like 1

from Edinburgh website

FIXTURE UPDATE Monday 29 September 2014, 18:30 UK BY TOBY LERONE New fixtures on our calendar are coming thick and fast at the moment and sometimes it is even difficult for us to keep up to speed.

However, as we look ahead to this week's action, Newcastle Diamonds will be at Armadale on Friday for the first leg of the Knock Out Cup semi Final. On Sunday 5th October we will be at Peterborough for a two o'clock start to the first leg of the League Cup Final. The deciding leg will be at Armadale on Friday 10th October.

With thanks to the co-operation of Newcastle promoter, George English, we will be at the Newcastle Stadium on Sunday 12th October for the second leg of the Knock Out Cup semi final. That will be a 6.30pm start

Would seem like that George has been persuaded to let Edinburgh go to Peterborough, for some reason. He didn't have to, but it seems he was prevailed on to allow it, as as it says it needed George to cooperate when he didn't need to. Seems 'it's in the best interest of PL speedway".

Just hope the sacrifice by Newcastle, allows the mighty hoards of Panther fans to attend as they have indicated on here.

• Like 1

Pperhaps George assumed that Edinburgh were free to come to Newcastle next Sunday and only found out later that we had a final arranged two weeks ago for 5 October?

After taking months to run the semi v Glasgow another week's delay isn't too much to ask - or maybe no other team should arrange fixtures without asking Newcastle first ;)

For once in speedway, commonsense has prevailed.

Would seem like that George has been persuaded to let Edinburgh go to Peterborough, for some reason. He didn't have to, but it seems he was prevailed on to allow it, as as it says it needed George to cooperate when he didn't need to. Seems 'it's in the best interest of PL speedway".

Just hope the sacrifice by Newcastle, allows the mighty hoards of Panther fans to attend as they have indicated on here.

Good old George, what a hero, created and then solved a problem which wasn't there in the first place.

Good old George, what a hero, created and then solved a problem which wasn't there in the first place.

Must have slipped your little mind that George's cooperation was required. If it was right in the first case, George would not have needed to cooperate, the fixture would have been announced as standing.

DavyH Note my comments. It wasn't Newcastle holding up the tie with Glasgow.

Edited by Tsunami

Must have slipped your little mind that George's cooperation was required. If it was right in the first case, George would not have needed to cooperate, the fixture would have been announced as standing.

And there's me thinking you were terrified of meeting the toothless tigers ;)

Not sure what you're saying, you may need to clarify if I have it wrong?

So because George put a spanner in the works of an already arranged fixture and then backed down he's suddenly some sort of messiah?