British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

Good news although bit unfair on Europe which is the GP bread and butter denying them a chance to see the champion crowned.

Let' s hope we see Tai Woffinden as that champion as he will appeal to OZ and maybe get a few on the gate.

It's a pity they can never coordinate these events and have a NZ and US one together with OZ.

So far these experiments have not been a success so good luck to this one and hopefully it gets the backing it deserves. :)

Any chance of a US GP piggy backing onto this in the next few seasons? Also seems really odd to have a NZ GP for years and when that ends have an Aus one. The two should have been done together.

NZ losts loads a money i believe so why continue. Will Aus ?

America should be where BSI are going, even more so 99% Greg is gona win this year. Not really popular at present in the USA but then again it isnt in Aus.

I wonder how many doctors certificates will appear outside top 8 as with u21 in Argentina

I agree it should not be all in Europe, would love a USA GP, I do think they should have the Aussie GP at the start rather than the end though

ETIHAD stadium not available in April...

NZ losts loads a money i believe so why continue. Will Aus ?

America should be where BSI are going, even more so 99% Greg is gona win this year. Not really popular at present in the USA but then again it isnt in Aus.

LOT more speedway in Oz than US though and Melbourne is Australia's sporting capital. Know a few people there who wouldn't normally cross the road fro watch speedway but attend just about everything that is on at the Etihad.

I wonder how many doctors certificates will appear outside top 8 as with u21 in Argentina

IF anyone turns down a trip to Australia to ride in one of the world's greatest stadiums in a great city they shouldn't be riding anyway.

• Like 1

So any riders in GP will have best equipment packed up by first week in October. So stuff the EL play offs.

Not sure which annoys me most to be honest - BSI or the play offs!

As Phillip has pointed out, they don't use the same bikes.

Yeah, riders will hate an all expenses paid trip to Australia.

Absolute nightmare for them.

ETIHAD stadium not available in April...

LOT more speedway in Oz than US though and Melbourne is Australia's sporting capital. Know a few people there who wouldn't normally cross the road fro watch speedway but attend just about everything that is on at the Etihad.

IF anyone turns down a trip to Australia to ride in one of the world's greatest stadiums in a great city they shouldn't be riding anyway.

Might be 10% full then Phil with all these extra fans :P

I suppose that this fits in with BSI plan to try to emulate Formula One GP's, but what sort of an attendance do they expect to get in Melbourne? The stadium looks terrific but it seats over 50,000. Always looks bad when a place is two thirds empty.

Also I think that taking what could be the deciding GP out of Europe is a kick in the teeth for the bulk of the sport's supporters.

Still I guess that the business plan must be in BSI's favour as they're not idiots.

• Like 3

I used to live in Melbourne and the Etihad (or Telstra dome in my day) is a magnificent stadium, Phil Rising is correct that Mekbourne does embrace sport. However it will be very interesting to see what sort of attendance they get. I once went to a Supercross event at Rod Laver Arena (featuring Chad Reed) and it wasn't exactly full, which did surprise me.

Of course I imagine the BSI deal will be favourable and compared to F1 staging costs, this event will seem very cheap for the City. Offering another World Championship Motorsport at a fraction of the cost.

I personally will be making the trip and the prospect of a week of Aussie springtime compared to dank English autumn is as welcome as the speedway itself.

Really. :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

With Crumpie and Leigh Adams as GP Ambassadors, they'll have a good chance of generating a decent crowd.

With Crumpie and Leigh Adams as GP Ambassadors, they'll have a good chance of generating a decent crowd.

Trouble is most people in Aus have no idea who they are ?

I have been in hospital for the past 2 weeks...what's happening in the speedway world folks/.