British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

After suffering six weeks of 'spin' from politicians.

Doesn't it all look a bit different a few days after the election.

It now feels like we are in our own Speedway-time warp.

Where the SGP/BSI spin is still applied to every single story.

No matter how pointlessly.

• Like 1

Just watched the gp again and while the track wasn't great it was by no means anywhere near as bad as Cardiff most years. A few ruts here and there but not as bad as I thought it was watching it on the night. I repeat what others have said this wouldn't have been called off if the hadn't have been a problem with the starting gate. Also the ref was worse than I remember as well

• Like 1

Warsaw was a billiard table compared to the track one sport have served up at Esbjerg. I hope heads roll over this fiasco

• Like 2

Warsaw was a billiard table compared to the track one sport have served up at Esbjerg. I hope heads roll over this fiasco

Was saying the same during the meeting to my dad. Tonight track has put a rider in hospital too.Yet Puk and Nicki told us it was fine!

Was saying the same during the meeting to my dad. Tonight track has put a rider in hospital too.Yet Puk and Nicki told us it was fine!

It was a Swede in hospital - why would NKI and Pedersen be concerned??

It was a Swede in hospital - why would NKI and Pedersen be concerned??

Point is though, that track was much more rutted than Warsaw, as are lots of other tracks, yet there was no hint that it should be aborted, even in the teeming rain, until virtually the end. Why then could a challenge match on a horrendous track get through yet a GP on a much better track couldnt

• Like 2

Point is though, that track was much more rutted than Warsaw, as are lots of other tracks, yet there was no hint that it should be aborted, even in the teeming rain, until virtually the end. Why then could a challenge match on a horrendous track get through yet a GP on a much better track couldn't

You do what the Mafioso One Sport tell you to do and we'll promise you great riches once we get control of the World Championship!

The reality I suspect will be very different.

• Like 1

You do what the Mafioso One Sport tell you to do and we'll promise you great riches once we get control of the World Championship!

The reality I suspect will be very different.

Do you have proof of that BW?

CANNOT defend the indefensible ln his occasion but need to calm down before making any further comment other than heads must surely roll now given that lessons we were promised would be learned quite plainly have not.

Its been a while since this statement was made but in the passing 3 weeks the indefensible has been tried to be defended by all parties involved and it looks very much like if we can get to Tampere then no heads will roll and it will be business as usual
  • Like 2

Its been a while since this statement was made but in the passing 3 weeks the indefensible has been tried to be defended by all parties involved and it looks very much like if we can get to Tampere then no heads will roll and it will be business as usual

Fair point.

Nothing will change - as per usual.

All anyone is interested in is covering their backs.

Do you have proof of that BW?

In a way yes.

Polish League Play off Final 2nd Leg. Beautiful day. Sell out crowd. Both teams in pits raring to go.

Wait! Torun's owner (the man behind OneSport) is refusing to let his team ride as Gollob is injured. He wants the meeting postponed and re-arranged when Gollob is fit!

So he pulls his team completely out of the meeting, leaving a stadium full of unhappy people, simply because he couldn't get his own way.

If lasts nights meeting hasn't highlighted where the true blame lies for the Warsaw debacle then I'm afraid nothing will.

• Like 2

HAVE been told today that the material used for the Warsaw track was transported from the quarry in King's Lynn via Gdansk in February and kept in storage in Poland before being laid at the track on the Monday/Tuesday prior to the event ... which is the usual timescale.

Also that the malfunctioning starting gate remains a mystery. Was tested several times on the day before the meeting and has since been taken apart and thoroughly checked with no apparent faults. The lack of a second gate, which was the responsibility of the organisers (PZM) and not enforced by the FIM has been noted.

All the various parties involved (FIM, PZM, BSI, Ole Olsen) are still providing answers to the underlying questions but it is becoming more apparent that the condition of the track certainly should not have caused the meeting to be abandoned when it was.

HAVE been told today that the material used for the Warsaw track was transported from the quarry in King's Lynn via Gdansk in February and kept in storage in Poland before being laid at the track on the Monday/Tuesday prior to the event ... which is the usual timescale.

Also that the malfunctioning starting gate remains a mystery. Was tested several times on the day before the meeting and has since been taken apart and thoroughly checked with no apparent faults. The lack of a second gate, which was the responsibility of the organisers (PZM) and not enforced by the FIM has been noted.

All the various parties involved (FIM, PZM, BSI, Ole Olsen) are still providing answers to the underlying questions but it is becoming more apparent that the condition of the track certainly should not have caused the meeting to be abandoned when it was.

It was apparent to some of us from the outset Phil

It would be interesting to hear from the likes of Nicki Pedersen why they deemed Warsaw unfit to ride on yet found no fault in the ploughed field at Esbjerg

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 1

The truth is of course now beginning to surface.

The events in the Pairs merely highlighted it even more so.

The riders should hang their heads in shame.. it does make me wonder if any of them had anything to .. ahem.. 'gain' from this.