British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Plymouth Pl 28th June

Dear oh dear Its going to get worse from here on in for the Panthers they have been poor at the showground for a couple of months now.

Well done to the devils deserved victory

Well, after seeing Plymouth get absolutely hammered at Edinburgh on Friday, even taking into account the late arrivals, would have thought Panthers could have won with half a team yesterday.But then, they've only had half a team all season. WHY replace a young Englishman with a foreigner (whether he's good or not, and in this case he's certainly not good)

There is not much being said about young Holder but he is banging in impressive scores at most tracks, for his 1st season he is class.

• Like 1

Panthers need a new number 1. And a number 2. And a number 5. And a number 6.

Thank the lord for MPT (who was brilliant) otherwise they would have been even more comprehensively beaten.

Might as well throw in a new 3 and 7 while you are at it.

It was a bad day for the Panthers - it happens.

It happened to Monarchs at Redcar (and at home to Glasgow).

You get over it, congratulate the opposition and try to ensure there is some improvement next time out.

Blackbird & Ostergaard haven't suddenly become bad riders.

Any more than Palm Toft & Lambert S have suddenly become world beaters.

Yes you will be a bit weaker if it's r/r as of Wednesday instead of a guest for Allen, but not THAT much weaker, at home anyway.

Lambert R is conveniently still at no. 3 in the averages, so it's Ostergaard, Lambert R, Palm Toft & Blackbird/Lambert S to take the rides.

More of a problem if Lambert R ever gets a proper average and IF it ever goes above Allen's.

And Konopka was presumably suffering from bike problems all match.

I noticed that Thomas Jorgensen scored the same at Newcy yesterday (a large 0) - because of bike problems.

So cut Konopka a bit of slack and wait to see what he does when he's got some bikes working (which the promotion are supposed to be helping him to do).

• Like 1

Did i suggest he was not responsible , original post i responded was wanting him sacked when other riders today did not do what was expected also , and as for the lucky it is how many times is Simon Lambert going to bang in 14

I think in a roundabout way we're not far from saying the same, just from different angles tbf.

Absolutely - but losing at home to Plymouth is criminal. It's no wonder the Panthers fans are furious.

nothing wrong with Plymouth pal

• Like 1

We cant get out the gate, & with a slick track that will cause problems. Credit to Plymouth, they deserved the win on the day. We need to prepare the track grippy if we want to get the best out our current team of racers.

We cant get out the gate, & with a slick track that will cause problems. Credit to Plymouth, they deserved the win on the day. We need to prepare the track grippy if we want to get the best out our current team of racers.

To be fair I don't think the track being slick was the problem, the track was fine and had plenty of dirt on it, it was just the Panthers couldn't buy a gate and not for the first time didn't present the opposition with any problems.

MPT didn't have any problems passing did he.

• Like 1

Greenwood couldn't have done any worse. How does Konopka keep getting team places and how the hell does he afford to live. He obviously doesnt get paid per point

Must be on vast amounts of Tax Credits. He makes Max Dilger look like a World beater..

Dont see why it was such a surprise Devils nearly won at Posh in the KO Cup and anyway its revenge for Peterborough buying Plymouths league position in 1970 from Fredf Osborn which ulimately resulted in no speedway in Plymouth from 1970 to 2005

Perhaps the clubs should swap teams.

Devils nearly won at Posh? Think you're getting your sports mixed up!

What next, Argyle v Panthers?!!!

Keyboard warrior Nick.

I was there and we beat them fair and square, on the day the best team won

I was there and we beat them fair and square, on the day the best team won

fair do's, the better team won :t:

Edited by PE7Panther