British Speedway Forum
Sotonian

David Howe Annonces His Retitrement

Thanks for entertaining us over the years and for your short time at Glasgow. Good luck for the future, keep on trucking. :cheers:

I never saw David H. ride, but I wish him well for the future, it sounds like ha gave racing his all and ine cant do any more. He says he could write a book from his experiences, it sounds like it would make an interesting story.

It's worth adding that his record of winning 3 consecutive league titles in 3 different leagues with P'boro (CL,PL &EL) is unlikely to be repeated.

• Like 7

Not a complete surprise to see this sadly :( Good luck in the next chapter of your life and continue to have fun doing whatever you're doing B)

Thanks for the memories,David.Enjoy your retirement you've earned it!!

It's worth adding that his record of winning 3 consecutive league titles in 3 different leagues with P'boro (CL,PL &EL) is unlikely to be repeated.

Also the shape and size of the Peterborough circuit is down to Mr Howe as extensive work was carried out to bring the World Under 21 final to the Showground in 2001 if my memory serves me right?

As David has said himself, never a World Champion but the sport needs David Howes to survive every week. Also, from the very few number of times I've chatted to him a bloody nice guy who made no excuses for his own performances.

Good luck in your retirement David!

As fine a tribute to a racing career as I've ever read. Fine words and sentiments David and thank you for your part in this great sport of ours. May you find your due rewards in your future life and I hope the memories will be fond.

Thanks for such a noble farewell.

• Like 1

Write that book you mention David. Good Luck and thanks for the entertainiment you provided all down the years, especially your 15 point Max at Redcar when guesting for the Diamonds!!!

What a wonderfully frank and honest farewell "note". Always liked watching David Howe, he was one of those riders the sport relies on. Consistent, honest, loyal and happy to interact with the fans.

I wish him well in everything he does in the future.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 4

Good luck to David. Thanks for the memories and good luck in the future. 👍🏻

Best wishes for the future and thanks fpr all you have put into the sport.

Best wishes to you for a long and happy retirement, hope the carp hear about this and are ready for many battles.