British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick V Somerset. Sat Aug 22nd

It was always likely that Berwick would be turned over big time at home at some stage and Somerset certainly delivered that last night and as has already been said the gulf in class was shockingly big. Only three heat advantages, four heat winners and most alarmingly only two points from reserve all contributed to the defeat, I am sure Alex Edberg will come in for criticism, and quite rightly to, but his reserve partner was equally poor, and all this from a World Champion. If the rumours are true of a points reduction for next years team building then perversely Richard Hall could be quite an attractive signing on his current average which is likely to fall still further by the end of the season.

Berwick`s season really is dying out with a bit of a whimper, maybe its quite prophetic that next week sees the dvd going on sale that categories the memories of Berwick Speedway and giving the clubs current situation memories is all we will have.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1

Berwick`s season really is dying out with a bit of a whimper, maybe its quite prophetic that next week sees the dvd going on sale that categories the memories of Berwick Speedway and giving the clubs current situation memories is all we will have.

The saddest thing of all is that it is quite obvious that TJ and Kevin and to his best ability Coty are continuing to battle for the fans and their pride but where is the management they have quite obviously thrown in the towel because the lack of passion and desire from that quarter is clear for all to see get on the centre green show the fans you want it show your fight if you've got any don't hide away that tells its own story.
  • Like 4

The saddest thing of all is that it is quite obvious that TJ and Kevin and to his best ability Coty are continuing to battle for the fans and their pride but where is the management they have quite obviously thrown in the towel because the lack of passion and desire from that quarter is clear for all to see get on the centre green show the fans you want it show your fight if you've got any don't hide away that tells its own story.

I agree. I have thought the same for a long time now. That crowd last night tells you what the fans think, I have seen a bigger crowd on a tuesday night at the stanks. You reap what you sew Mr Anderson.

I know our promotion read this

Please dont let our club whimper out like this. Try do something to salvage some face.

Give us something to want to keep coming back.The team we have now simply is not good enough to win. People will not come if they know we have no chance of a win!

I could rattle off at least 30 people who no longer come any more because of how this season has pittered out :sad:

I'm in Berwick on September 5th for our league match with Rye... I can see a 2nd away win of the season coming for them.... I'm seriously considering whether to be in attendance that night :(

Please dont let our club whimper out like this. Try do something to salvage some face.

Give us something to want to keep coming back.The team we have now simply is not good enough to win. People will not come if they know we have no chance of a win!

I could rattle off at least 30 people who no longer come any more because of how this season has pittered out :sad:

I'm in Berwick on September 5th for our league match with Rye... I can see a 2nd away win of the season coming for them.... I'm seriously considering whether to be in attendance that night :(

if it was a dog you'll put it down now

Berwick probably won't win ever again!

Last one out on September 12th remember to turn off the lights

• Like 1

One or two around me were saying g last night that they won't be back, and before anyone suggests it I don't believe they are attention seeking. Rumours of unrest behind the scenes.

One or two around me were saying g last night that they won't be back, and before anyone suggests it I don't believe they are attention seeking. Rumours of unrest behind the scenes.

I see a video montage playing with 'skyfall' from the James Bond film playing

'🎶 This is the end.........🎶'

Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 2

if it was a dog you'll put it down now

Berwick probably won't win ever again!

Last one out on September 12th remember to turn off the lights

I`d love to argue with you, but there seems to be a resignation from fans and promotion that this is the end, obviously I hope I`m wrong.

I`d love to argue with you, but there seems to be a resignation from fans and promotion that this is the end, obviously I hope I`m wrong.

the lack of interest from respective buyers/prospective funders (well there may be but we're not told there are so let's assume there's none) it's seems this really is the end I feel the club are just going through the motions to get to the end of the season

With nothing to play for maybe this is the thinking from the powers that be

I hope you are too just wouldn't be the same not having our short jaunts to Berwick alway's a great day out with great fan's keep the faith it may well work out.

I am sure all fan's at Glasgow hope you pull through as we have been in the same position off uncertainty.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

I will be sad if that is the end of Berwick speedway, it is one of my fave away trips, as a Glasgow fan I know that feeling of doom and gloom and fear that it is the end. Last couple of seasons were awful for us we hardly won a home meeting but still went in the hope that we would put up a fight. We have been extremely lucky that the Facennas have taken over this season and I sincerely hope that someone will come forward and save Berwick speedway .

• Like 3

Best wishes to all at Berwick speedway. Here's hoping better times are just around the corner. Fingers and everything crossed.

All the best.

• Like 2

I hope you are too just wouldn't be the same not having our short jaunts to Berwick alway's a great day out with great fan's keep the faith it may well work out.

I am sure all fan's at Glasgow hope you pull through as we have been in the same position off uncertainty.

I will be sad if that is the end of Berwick speedway, it is one of my fave away trips, as a Glasgow fan I know that feeling of doom and gloom and fear that it is the end. Last couple of seasons were awful for us we hardly won a home meeting but still went in the hope that we would put up a fight. We have been extremely lucky that the Facennas have taken over this season and I sincerely hope that someone will come forward and save Berwick speedway .

You don't think the Facennas would like to get involved with Berwick. We can hope. :)

HI DOT. HOPE YOUR CORRECT ABOUT BERWICK, I WAS A REGULAR AT GLASGOW 2/3 YEARS AGO EVEN THOUGHT THE TEAM WERE TOILNG WAS AT BERWICK LAST NITE FOLLING THEM ALSO .,BTW NOT A SUPPORTER OF GLAS/BERW BUT AM A SPPEEDWAYSUPPORTER EVEN BOTH ARE 100 ROUND TRIP FOR THEE C.MON BANDITS.GET OVER THE LINE FOR NEXT SEASON HERE,S HOPPING

• Like 1