British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon Robins Vs Belle Vue Aces 21 September 2015

Hmm Cook has not really stepped up in these meetings that really matter, i too fear he could be a weak link, we got away with it at Wolves we wont at Swindon.

Cookie was quick in last 2 rides at Wolves after a ropey start, equally was devastating later on. He praised AJ for helping him with set up on Mon night against the Robins after struggling early.

He's quoted as going to Bydgoszcz for engine tuning, hope they work when it matters. Sometimes think he tries to hard at times in the big meets & is over-hard on himself too.

Sadly, Robins are too weak at reserve to pull back the deficit. I don't think Lewis Rose has had one good meeting all season

I think that is a bit harsh, he has done pretty well since he has come back from injury.

• Like 3

Sadly, Robins are too weak at reserve to pull back the deficit. I don't think Lewis Rose has had one good meeting all season

He had a good meeting guesting for us.

Whilst I agree that Worrall on paper is the strongest reserve esp around the Abbey, It wasn't your reserves that let you down on Monday, it was your heat leaders.

Kildemand is a SGP rider who is capable of scoring well in the series so he should be scoring easily as a 2nd string. However he is being beaten by reserves and throwing points away for you by easily going down.

Swindon are going to need Rosco & Batchelor to start motivating if they are to stand a chance. Both often look very deflated.

Swindon are going to need Rosco & Batchelor to start motivating if they are to stand a chance. Both often look very deflated.

Agree with the first sentence but I'd much rather have those two ahead of "infamy, infamy, they've got it infamy" Havvy! :rolleyes:

• Like 4

A strange comment this. Last year, riding for the Stars, he was one of the top 2nd group FTR in the league, A good gater, solid team man, and a rider who was learning fast from those around him. He was a rider we desperately wanted to keep. Such are these supplementary rules, aimed at club fairness, Lewis's progress was disrupted and forced to ride elsewhere. Surely, in this day of age, Riders should have say as to where they want to ride and not be subject to this dictatory approach.

The move to Swindon hasn't done Rose any favours. Hopefully we can have him back next year, whence he can recapture his obvious talent .

A strange comment this. Last year, riding for the Stars, he was one of the top 2nd group FTR in the league, A good gater, solid team man, and a rider who was learning fast from those around him. He was a rider we desperately wanted to keep. Such are these supplementary rules, aimed at club fairness, Lewis's progress was disrupted and forced to ride elsewhere. Surely, in this day of age, Riders should have say as to where they want to ride and not be subject to this dictatory approach.

The move to Swindon hasn't done Rose any favours. Hopefully we can have him back next year, whence he can recapture his obvious talent .

He has looked a different rider than last year. I think it hasn't just been down to injuries though. When he guested for Coventry, he told Havvy that he had more fun guesting for us in one meeting than he had had riding for Swindon all season. Greaves was very vocal about the lack of support given to reserves by Rosco and some of the riders last year as well.

I think if we see Rose back at King's Lynn next year then we may see him back to his best. He was brilliant last year.

• Like 1

Rose has been ok hasn't he? He is a tier 2 rider, i think he's done his job pretty much. Was decent at Brandon the other week.

I was actually quite surprised how well Lewis Rose rode coming back from injury and a lot better than some of the ftr guests Swindon have used, he did look a bit off the pace at times monday but back at Swindon should be a lot better. Belle Vue do have excellent reserves and Stefan Nielsen has improved quite a bit during the season but having said all that it was P.K and Batch and Morris who were most at fault for their defeat. Kildermand is a gp winner and Batch has won gp races so very poor from those two, they will have to be faultless if they are to turn this round, zengota was really giving it a go on a track that clearly he didnt like so expect a lot more from him.

The tie is not over until it is mathematically certain who the winner is.

a 14 point lead is a great starting point for Belle Vue and they are slight favourites to go through.

I only hope that the weather behaves so that both teams are allowed to race rather than the meeting be decided on poor track conditions due to the weather .

Weather permitting , I will be there !!

Swindon can do it, they need a real team effort and a true captain, whether they have either at the moment is open to question

Agree with the first sentence but I'd much rather have those two ahead of "infamy, infamy, they've got it infamy" Havvy! :rolleyes:

Each to their own.

He's been doing well since he came back from injury. They need a 5-1 in heat 2 to fire up the rest of the team. Edited by lisa-colette

What is everyone's feelings about there only having been 14 heats at BV surely Swindon getting 15 heats at home is a slight advantage seeing as they have more races in the favourable condition of their home track. I know is only a very small difference here and I'm not suggesting it is that wrong in this case but presumably if it had been rained off after only 10 heats a result would have been declared then the team who went first would have to defend their lead against a home team with 25 more points possible to get.

Cookie was quick in last 2 rides at Wolves after a ropey start, equally was devastating later on. He praised AJ for helping him with set up on Mon night against the Robins after struggling early.

He's quoted as going to Bydgoszcz for engine tuning, hope they work when it matters. Sometimes think he tries to hard at times in the big meets & is over-hard on himself to

He does tend to tinker quite a bit with his machinery, I think that the point he tries too hard is valid and could be over riding and not getting the points hes capable of.