British Speedway Forum

I have watched Thomsen in his meetings for Peterborough and he is undoubtedly a class act and would be an out and out no 1 in the PL, on his rolling average of 6.62 he is a steal either in the PL or EL on a conversion.

His average for his meetings this year for Panthers is 8.50 or 9.16 with BP.

Not sure why this has rumbled on on the Poole 2016 thread? Thomsen will not be in Poole's 2016 team, especially if he continues in the Danish League!!

Also if Poole are intending to keep Magic, Holder, Newman and either North or Gomolski, why would Matt Ford refer to 'rebuilding the team'??!

Not sure why this has rumbled on on the Poole 2016 thread? Thomsen will not be in Poole's 2016 team, especially if he continues in the Danish League!!

Also if Poole are intending to keep Magic, Holder, Newman and either North or Gomolski, why would Matt Ford refer to 'rebuilding the team'??!

Yes i agree we never seem to have fixture clashes with the Aussies and to be fair don't seem to have any issues with our current Poles either but even Iversen has clashes sometimes so probably a good policy to stay away from Danes but i don't see why a major rebuild is needed.

ALWAYS believed, and this will go against the grain with many, that any team wishing to keep their 1-7 from one season to another should be allowed to do so and only be affected by any points limit should they want to make changes. Teams should aspire to being the best not waiting for others to be watered down to their level.

Would provide continuity for the fans as well as the riders but no doubt will be shot down in flames. Extinguisher at the ready ...

Agreed Phil....but that's way too sensible for this sport...

I haven't seen him at Peterborough.

it's quite clear you don't read posts correct.

Anders has had 3 official matches for Peterborough, but if you want to make an opinion on 3 matches go ahead.

You are clearly the sudden expert on Anders so let's hear you're educated opinion on his form this year.

Over to the expert.

I'd have more respect if you could spell his name right.

He rides in other countries other than the PL.

You rate him higher than I do.

It's no biggie to me if you believe I have seen him or not.

No need to get such a hard on over it.

Shame I haven't had chance to see him at Peterborough this year. His form for them has been good I grant you.

My opinion was based on all results around the world including under 21's ..so I asked you again when has Kurtz been shown to miles better than him ...also what matches did you watch him ride ? also what logic would this make Greg Hancock World champion this year .

Yep I agree. Aussies rather than Danes is the way to go.

I don't see why we need a rebuild to the team either FB but Matt prob has an idea of the rules. Maybe there is a dramatic change somewhere! ;)

My opinion was based on all results around the world including under 21's ..so I asked you again when has Kurtz been shown to miles better than him ...also what matches did you watch him ride ? also what logic would this make Greg Hancock World champion this year .

As per usual you don't read all the comments clearly.

I was using SCB's logic that the 3 meetings he has done for Peterborough makes him the better PL rider. The same logic you can use to judge Greg's last 3 GP rounds. If only you could keep up.

I have no interest in getting into a debate about where I have seen him ride this year.

It's really non of your business.

But feel free to discuss what tracks and countries you have visited to watch racing this year if it makes you feel happier.

Yep I agree. Aussies rather than Danes is the way to go.

I don't see why we need a rebuild to the team either FB but Matt prob has an idea of the rules. Maybe there is a dramatic change somewhere! ;)

Yes your probably right the rules maybe changing again!!

Poole are not the only club who can sign riders without a British club on an assessed average... Seems a bit over the top to say that the Poole Promotion's ability to identify and sign improving riders on "fake low averages" is anything but great management!!

I can clearly remember the 1998 Ipswich Witches team that signed Tomasz Gollob on a 7.50 assessed average! That is hands down the most ridiculous "fake low average" I can remember in the British League. That year they tracked Tony Rickardsson, Tomasz Gollob, Chris Louis, Scotty Nicholls, Toni Svab and Savalas Clouting. They won the league in a canter (P36, W26, D1, L5), won the KO Cup and won the Craven Shield. Rickardsson won the World Championship (Gollob was third), and also won the ELRC. Scotty Nicholls became British U21 champ...

That Ipswich side was the most dominant team I can remember in my time watching the sport. Their end of year averages were:

Tony Rickardsson: 10.29

Chris Louis: 9.42

Tomasz Gollob: 9.29

Scott Nicholls: 6.74

Toni Svab: 5.02

Sal Clouting: 4.09

Signing foreigner riders on assessed averages is part and parcel of the sport. As it happens, since Ford and Golding bought the club back in the late 90s, they have capitalized on the strong supporter base at Poole, and used their financial clout to ensure that the Pirates are the club that the most talented of these unsigned riders want to ride for.
A financially secure club, with plentiful sponsors, and of course the pleasant lifestyle that Poole (Dorset) offers is more a more desirable team to ride for than say a cash-strapped side that can't pay riders and has a home crowd of 500 people. Simple!

Will never ever see a team like that again at Ipswich .

• Like 1

As per usual you don't read all the comments clearly.

I was using SCB's logic that the 3 meetings he has done for Peterborough makes him the better PL rider. The same logic you can use to judge Greg's last 3 GP rounds. If only you could keep up.

I have no interest in getting into a debate about where I have seen him ride this year.

It's really non of your business.

But feel free to discuss what tracks and countries you have visited to watch racing this year if it makes you feel happier.

As Scb pointed out your the person who said you had seen him not us ...Hancock would not be the same logic as him and Woofy have rode all the gp's so there would be no need to pick his last 3 and you go on the season as a whole ...as has been pointed out on what logic and facts do you make out for him to nowhere near his class ...the fact of the matter is you can't ....next time try to put that tiny brain into gear before making a complete fool of yourself .

Edited by orion

As Scb pointed out your the person who said you had seen him not us ...Hancock would not be the same logic as him and Woofy have rode all the gp's so there would be no need to pick his last 3 and you go on the season as a whole ...as has been pointed out on what logic and facts do you make out for him to nowhere near his class ...the fact of the matter is you can't ....next time try to put that tiny brain into gear before making a complete fool of yourself .

As expected , you have no answer to how the 3 matches he has ridden for Peterborough the better PL rider against a rider who has completed a full PL season.

• Like 1

As expected , you have no answer to how the 3 matches he has ridden for Peterborough the better PL rider against a rider who has completed a full PL season.

Nobody is only using 3 (and it 5 btw) meeting that he has ridden in the PL. We are using his result in Poland, Denmark and the U21s as well! You are the one who used his 6.6 rolling PL average FFS!

• Brady will be riding for poole next season all things being equal although there is likely to be a surprise in one of the 3 heat leader slots