British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Cradley 2016

Sorry if I'm off the plot but if the rumours are of a rider whose been out for 5 years could it be Ben Taylor,I think that was he's name.got injured in our first meeting back at pb I think it was

James Purchase on a 3 pointer!

If memory serves he last rode in 2006 for Mildenhall?. And his average then was only 4 - 4.5, so I wouldn't be surprised if after 10 years away he doesn't come in on a 3. Seems fair enough to me

Not very fair on the genuine 3 point newcomers when old experienced riders who have held averages well above 3 are coming back and taking their places and then getting their averages reduced to 3.00

Would Jason Crump be allowed back in the EL on 3.00?

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 2

Purchase has been inside hasn't he?

yes I read that last night

Purchase has been inside hasn't he?

Yes, sentenced to 3 years for causing death by dangerous driving.

I wasn't watching league racing at this level back when Purchase first rode but based on the couple of comments made here it sounds to me that he should be given an assessed 3½/4 point average. He certainly shouldn't be a 3 given previous experience but should get a reduction having been out of the sport for so long and having not ridden at any higher level than reserve/second string in the third tier. If he averaging in the region of 4-4½ then simply rounding down to 4 seems perfectly fair to me. I can see a case for perhaps 3½ if his previous average was only a fraction over 4. His average would have had to be a high 4 to justify it being now 4½. I guess the short version of what I trying to get across is round it down to the nearest half point.

• Like 1

Welcome back to James Purchase, however Does anyone really think we would sign a rider NOT knowing his average ?, mind you it makes for decent Spin I guess.

Edited by greyhoundp