British Speedway Forum

So, where do I start. What a waste of time and money. They should've called off the meeting on Friday if they knew the track wasn't fit. People could've cancelled their hotels and not wasted petrol making a wasted journey.

The stadium itself is very impressive but it still needs work carried out to finish it, especially the sound system as we were stood in the middle of the south terrace opposite the start line and couldn't hear anything. The signage to the entrances didn't correspond to the tickets as they had signs pointing to A B C etc and the tickets stated South Terrace. We ending up walking to the main entrance and then a steward told us we needed to walk round the other side of the stadium. The parking was totally non organised as well.

The track shape looks good, shame they didn't lay the track first and then build the stadium around it to allow it to settle. They could easily put boarding over it for building machinery to cross it.

You can't blame the riders for not wanting to ride the blame is solely with the Belle Vue's club. I spoke to Scott Nicholls after the meeting and Danny King today at Scunthorpe and both said the track was dangerous. Peter Kildemand's mechanics were overheard after the meeting stating if four riders went into the 3-4 bends together there would've been carnage.

I was really looking forward to this meeting but it turned into a total *#*# up.

Apologies if this has been posted already....................

Chris Morton was interviewed on Radio 5live just before 09:00 this morning and I don't recall the word sorry or any apology being mentioned once!

It's been on the local ITV news that the meeting will be re run with tickets valid for the re run or refunds for those that cannot make it.

Apologies if this has been posted already....................

Chris Morton was interviewed on Radio 5live just before 09:00 this morning and I don't recall the word sorry or any apology being mentioned once!

This was my first thought when I read the statement put out last night. Words put out like they "understand people frustration", but no apology. I was reading about a family that travelled over from Sweden to see this - an apology is more than deserved!!
  • Like 1

When they laid the track wouldn't it have been better to get the bends done first ,just a thought

It's surely no good keep going on and on, what's done is done, learn by mistakes, look forward?

That's what I am doing anyways ....

• Like 1

Although I agree with you trees the speedway rulers don't seem to learn

• Like 1

It's surely no good keep going on and on, what's done is done, learn by mistakes, look forward?

That's what I am doing anyways ....

I couldn't see you having the same attitude if it had been a BSI event you wouldn't been able to stop going on about it on this occasion I suppose it's different this time
  • Like 3

It's been on the local ITV news that the meeting will be re run with tickets valid for the re run or refunds for those that cannot make it.

so that be 5000 folk be wanting a refund then

• Like 4

Me being one of them. I'll not be watching that bunch in the re run as a wouldn't bet against it being too this or too that for the poor lambs and it being off again.

• Like 2

I couldn't see you having the same attitude if it had been a BSI event you wouldn't been able to stop going on about it on this occasion I suppose it's different this time

Too bloody right, BSI v Chris Morton\British Speedway .... no comparison in my book.

Too bloody right, BSI v Chris Morton\British Speedway .... no comparison in my book.

Fans can contact Chris Morton M.B.E. (Money Back Enquiries)

• Like 1

Me being one of them. I'll not be watching that bunch in the re run as a wouldn't bet against it being too this or too that for the poor lambs and it being off again.

You really are a clown.

Fans can contact Chris Morton M.B.E. (Money Back Enquiries)

Chris Morton M.B.E. (services to speedway 1992), or

M = Mega B = Bell E = Opposite of Start (disservice to speedway 2016)

• Like 1

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2016-03-19/belle-vue-aces-call-off-7national-speedway-stadium-opening-night-after-riders-say-track-is-unfit/

The full statement video is at the bottom. Bit worrying at the moment if all they are trying to do is repair it rather than relay it, but I'm no expert.

The one thing I do know is that inconsistency in tracks is the most dangerous thing. It's not like moto x or trials. Sudden grip is extremely treacherous.