British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Sheffield Plc Friday 8th April

Thank you again for so petulantly demonstrating your your self-centered, egotistical arrogance. As you say you are not a Panthers fan and obviously incapable of understanding anyone with an opinion or view contrary to yours.

You're the petulant one.

Pick your toys up they're getting dirty.

Well I'm one of those people..and I bet you didn't have the bollocks to voice them views in person ?along with Scotsman of course...alot easier on here ay? The reason I liked standing at the back of the stand is because its a good view and I have a back issue..plus the fact that we have stood there for over 20 years with no issues. I actualy didn't wanna move even more because of the way them idiots spoke to me. I know it is chump change in the grand scheme of things but I do know people who will now not come again because of the way they were treated by them idiot jobs worth's.. My particular favourite was the "chief" h&s officer who's people skills were pathetic...anyway topic done to death now but that's my view on it all..we move on.

Several warnings were given over the PA before Stewards got involved. Indeed after Heat 2 it was clear the meeting was going to be stopped if people insisted on standing but a small number decided to stay standing. The team manager also asked people to sit but to no avail.

Enough requestes were made and it shouldn't have been necessary for the Chief H&S Officer to become involved, I hope you afforded him respect. I was close enough to one group to know they didn't!

As for voicing opinions there were enough fans booing those standing at the point we were told the meeting had been stopped (Heat 4 or 5?).

I thought the idea of a forum was to voice opinions/views and to debate them, didn't know there was a requirement to voice them to forum members at the meeting!

• Like 1

Surely this will seriously affect attendance capacity numbers for the 4's week end?

Not really there is a lot of space round the track to stand

• Like 2

Maybe this is just a Peterborough thing but I don`t understand why you would go into an area with perfectly good seats and stand, I mean its not as if the EoES struggles for space, space where you can stand if you want.

• Like 7

Maybe this is just a Peterborough thing but I don`t understand why you would go into an area with perfectly good seats and stand, I mean its not as if the EoES struggles for space, space where you can stand if you want.

Being at the back of the stand it provides a very good vantage point and doesn't impead other spectators. It is sheltered from the elements too. Can understand why people would want to stand here.
  • Like 1

Thank you again for so petulantly demonstrating your your self-centered, egotistical arrogance. As you say you are not a Panthers fan and obviously incapable of understanding anyone with an opinion or view contrary to yours.

I'm a Panthers fan and have no idea why you are getting so wound up about this. Perhaps you can clarify what consideration and respect I should be showing because I'm buggered if I know what that is?

Being at the back of the stand it provides a very good vantage point and doesn't impead other spectators. It is sheltered from the elements too. Can understand why people would want to stand here.

As an access route to and from the stand if people choose to use the back exits I'd say that it does impead. If all of the seats were taken then I think that some common sense could be used but the former is unlikely and the latter is fantasy these days.

• Like 1

Seems a pointless exercise taking out frustrations on staff who do not have the authority to alter things even if they wanted to.

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 2

It may well be, but it is also a access way for people to get out the back of the main stand, and the view cant be that much better from standing at the back rather than sitting in the back row. There cant be a bad view from anywhere inside the EoES, I am afraid I back those who want to stop people from standing in a seated area.

• Like 1

It may well be, but it is also a access way for people to get out the back of the main stand, and the view cant be that much better from standing at the back rather than sitting in the back row. There cant be a bad view from anywhere inside the EoES, I am afraid I back those who want to stop people from standing in a seated area.

The fans who stand there tend to stand in the reces and do not get in the way of the access/exit route. As for the view, yes good views in the stand. We sit back row but view when standing at the back it is better with the extra elevation - can understand why some fans enjoy standing there.

Like you I back the Club/Showground. I was disappointed with the response of those fans whose chose to be awkward and not follow the numerous requests to sit.

• Like 2

this was brought in a couple of years ago and dropped after a couple of meetings - I'm sure it will be pretty much the same this year..

Give it a few meetings and H & S jobsworths will have forgotten that people aren't allowed to stand at the back of the stand and let it go..

btw I have been standing at the back of the stand for 42 years now - and I tell you my legs are getting stiff!! :D

I can see the panthers winning this pretty comfortably by between 12 and 16. Can't see many if any last places for the panthers.

Ha ha ha

this was brought in a couple of years ago and dropped after a couple of meetings - I'm sure it will be pretty much the same this year..

Give it a few meetings and H & S jobsworths will have forgotten that people aren't allowed to stand at the back of the stand and let it go..

btw I have been standing at the back of the stand for 42 years now - and I tell you my legs are getting stiff!! :D

It never caused quite such a stink then though (apart from Hodgy), requiring a club news item and threat of consequences. Also the bloke in charge now can't say that "We are considerably richer than yow! mate so take your rule and....

I like the Peterborough side, it will entertain and probably run up big scores quite often home and away but there home track will be the Achilles heel IMO.

I think there are a few sides in the league that will go there with riders who enjoy the track (Newcastle, Glasgow, Sheffield, Workington and Plymouth) and it will set a mentality in those sides that they can win there. I think Peterborough will struggle to fend that of during the course of the season which will cost them a top 4/5 place.

I like the Peterborough side, it will entertain and probably run up big scores quite often home and away but there home track will be the Achilles heel IMO.

I think there are a few sides in the league that will go there with riders who enjoy the track (Newcastle, Glasgow, Sheffield, Workington and Plymouth) and it will set a mentality in those sides that they can win there. I think Peterborough will struggle to fend that of during the course of the season which will cost them a top 4/5 place.

Then we will compensate with away wins and make a top 3 finish