British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Rye House V Ipswich Witches 9th April

Current Met Weather forecast

Saturday:

A cloudy morning with outbreaks of rain. This will gradually clear from the west during the morning with a mix of sunny spells and scattered showers for the afternoon. Maximum Temperature 10 °C.

BBC weather says pretty much the same so very good chance that's its going to be a wet start in the morning . Suppose this meeting depends on how much rain they get in the morning .

Any rockets fan tell me if the fish and chips are back up to scratch?

Had the fish at the first meeting and it was certainly better than recent times though maybe not quite as good as the early days.

I am hoping to make my first visit to Rye this season. Usually I sit in the temp. stand but I think I read that the existing seating had been removed. Is that still the case?

New seats are suppossidely going in but wether they will be in by sat i dont know,, the ledges are there to sit on, bring a cushion in case

I am hoping to make my first visit to Rye this season. Usually I sit in the temp. stand but I think I read that the existing seating had been removed. Is that still the case?

There is no Tempstand. It's been replaced with a permststand

• Like 1

In think he is referring to the old stand,which looked like a temp stand but in actuall fact I helped to build it with Len SIlver in I think it was. In 1980 or 81 when i was the maintenance man at Rye..Hardly temperary it's been up at least 35yrs.........

Edited by waco

In think he is referring to the old stand,which looked like a temp stand but in actuall fact I helped to build it with Len SIlver in I think it was. In 1980 or 81 when i was the maintenance man at Rye..Hardly temperary it's been up at least 35yrs.........

Pretty sure it didn't have a roof on when I sat in it during the late 80's

Steady rain for most of the night in Hoddesdon. Still raining now. Anything decent on TV tonight?

Wish i'd have made the trip down to Lakeside last night, it sounded like a cracker !

Yes it was a really good meeting. There is lots of rubbish said about how bad the elite league is but it was a fine evenings racing with both teams really going for it.

• Like 1

Your right Shads the roof was put on later,,, Do you know if the seats are in yet,, if not will have to bring a cushion tonight ?