British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Berwick Bandits Vs Newcastle Diamonds Pl 7.5.16 7.00pm

Does anybody have details of the Raiders v Gems match?

Team lists on the Newcastle home match thread.

Team lists on the Newcastle home match thread.

Thanks HadrianDog - I was looking for the results from the NJL match at Berwick last night.

i see Lambert is still having trouble with his memory , forgetting to switch his fuel taps on. this time he got 3 laps in around the huge norfolk areana on a carb full of fuel .. ...

youve totally made that up.
  • Like 2

as was lambert forgetting to turn his fuel on @ workington , but still managing to do approx 2.3/4 laps before fiddling with his fuel taps and the bike getting its get up and go back . but it was not fuel , as his points tally for the evening showed .. i am a distant supporter of peterborough panthers , so making things up to please me comes easy ..

while we are on the subject of making things up . what about dropping jorgy and that nugget bager and filling in with cookie @ 1 and bringing a.n. other in ?

Edited by jenga

as was lambert forgetting to turn his fuel on @ workington , but still managing to do approx 2.3/4 laps before fiddling with his fuel taps and the bike getting its get up and go back . but it was not fuel , as his points tally for the evening showed .. i am a distant supporter of peterborough panthers , so making things up to please me comes easy ..

while we are on the subject of making things up . what about dropping jorgy and that nugget bager and filling in with cookie @ 1 and bringing a.n. other in ?

On the subject of making things up, how about getting on with your own knitting

• Like 1

Great fightback by the diamonds and unexpected as I thought a point was the best we could get. Got to say I must be unlucky I've been to Berwick over 10 times in last 10 years and 4 without newcastle riding ,.... and in all the meetings I barely see any passing .... and last night was no exception ... whoever gated won ... yet people talk as though Berwick is speedway track for great racing ... it's a one line track ..... unless Berwick gating improves they will find it tough

On the subject of making things up, how about getting on with your own knitting

you haven't told me which way around you want the buttons on the cardy , male or female fastening. i guess its the female way . pm me for a design on the buttons .. ps. dont know if i can knit a skirt for you , sorry .

The early season optimism has completely gone.

An awful meeting, no racing and a defeat just to top it off.

Jorgensen needs to pull his finger out he's been poor all season and if he doesn't start turning up its time to get rid of him.

Bager looked worse than Mellgren at least Mellgren could gate, Bager just missed the start and hugged the white line.

It's time for Courtney to walk if he thinks Henning Bager is the answer.

Courtney's inept management has ruined our start to the season, this is not the first decision which has raised question marks for me.

He was garbage three years ago and he's only got older and slower.

Anyone that knows anything about speedway at Berwick knows you can't sign white liners for Berwick well everyone apart from our management it seems.

It's super frustrating especially when all your closest rivals are all streets ahead of you every year.

We are so far behind Newcastle, Edinburgh and Glasgow when it comes to on the track.

What I would pay to have someone like George English run our team.

Ever consider the benefits of constructive criticism?

Edited by Positive Thinker
  • Like 6

Quite agree PT. Scott is new to the role of team manager, and needs to be given time to learn the role. He has already impressed with the track covers, track prep, training school, etc, and has to work with what Berwick can afford and who is willing to sign. There are many reasons why riders don't sign for clubs, just cos they fit the averages doesn't make them employable. With Scott you have a local guy, with his heart in the right place and trying to help Berwick speedway. I don't see a better man for the job, so getting on his back will solve nothing. Berwick has made some nice changes in the last year when your future could have been in the balance. A new promotion group, new ideas, a new TM, the covers, the future training track and yes a decent team, which was apparent last night at Brough. We are a good side home and away this year, with high expectations, and getting beat in both legs does not make you a bad side. You have had decent results, and you will more than hold your own for the rest of the year. Heads up and try and be supportive. Constant criticism and moaning with what you have got, so early in the year, is totally out of order IMO.

Magnificent post!

Yes, Scott has been behind a massive amount of the progress this year and I think he'll become a formidable TM in the near future.

As you say Tsunami, without a doubt the best man for the job. Anyone who thinks otherwise either has a hidden agenda, or is a bit loopy.

Quite agree PT. Scott is new to the role of team manager, and needs to be given time to learn the role. He has already impressed with the track covers, track prep, training school, etc, and has to work with what Berwick can afford and who is willing to sign. There are many reasons why riders don't sign for clubs, just cos they fit the averages doesn't make them employable. With Scott you have a local guy, with his heart in the right place and trying to help Berwick speedway. I don't see a better man for the job, so getting on his back will solve nothing. Berwick has made some nice changes in the last year when your future could have been in the balance. A new promotion group, new ideas, a new TM, the covers, the future training track and yes a decent team, which was apparent last night at Brough. We are a good side home and away this year, with high expectations, and getting beat in both legs does not make you a bad side. You have had decent results, and you will more than hold your own for the rest of the year. Heads up and try and be supportive. Constant criticism and moaning with what you have got, so early in the year, is totally out of order IMO.

amen to that.

you haven't told me which way around you want the buttons on the cardy , male or female fastening. i guess its the female way . pm me for a design on the buttons .. ps. dont know if i can knit a skirt for you , sorry .

If not, just make it up

Spot on. Less than a dozen meetings into a career and some want him out. The size of club Berwick are, they are never going to attract top earning riders. And I don't want to see them mortgage the future of the club just to sign a big name. Didn't do us any good last season. Defeats at home are tough to take I know, but good things have happened at the club in the last six months. Good young manager with a lot of drive and enthusiasm, new promotion on board.

• Like 2

Plenty to answer to so might as well get on it didn't think I'd get this many peoples goats up.

Totally agree Scotts work with the new promotion off the track as you point out like track covers and the training track has been fantastic and to Scotts post there's no hidden agenda Scotts a lovely guy and seems very passionate about the club.

My personal opinion is he is struggling with the Team Management aspect of things so far as someone pointed out previously riders of Screenys calibre haven't been able to cut it as Team Managers and being a former rider doesn't automatically make you a brilliant Team Manager as some on here seem to think.

We've had a lot of underwhelming seasons in the past where we haven't been able to cut it on track and have let riders get away with poor performances for far too long.

We could easily head down that slippery slope now, I agree Newcastle are an excellent team but to lose at home to them and without Lambert and Kus was a bit worrying.

I think Bager was a desperation signing rather than anything else as surely you guys can agree he doesn't suit Berwick.

I want us to succeed as much as the next guy and we do have our financial constrictions I understand we are not Glasgow I'm just seriously frustrated with our constant mediocrity.

Edited by Hamster00