Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 11 May, 2016.

No worries. Gutted im away for the WC weekend now

quote name="A ORLOV" post="2780704" timestamp="1463087370"]

Great race thanks hyabb17

No worries. Gutted im away for the WC weekend now

quote name="A ORLOV" post="2780704" timestamp="1463087370"]

Great race thanks hyabb17

With the track looking good and the riders saying how good it is with different lines the WC should be great, you will have to find a way of watching it but appreciate it will not be the same as being there. It is just a pity that the track is so far away from Swindon and a long journey otherwise I would have arranged to come up and see it.

Edited by A ORLOV

If this is a race after two meetings then this BV track will be something else!!!

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.30462

If this is a race after two meetings then this BV track will be something else!!!

Golden rule of speedway these days : don't let em up the inside Edited by New Science

Proper speedway. Once the outside line develops fully it's going to be marvellous.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 2

Well done Robins but the big plus the track was good.Good crowd.British speedway needs a boost

Apart from Steve Brum, I think we were all surprised Sidney

What on earth are you on about?

The track will provide some fantastic racing when its fully bedded in.The Colts match was just as good and young Dan Bewley was only a second and a bit slower! It really is ultra fast.

Kevin Moore is still good, has a great rapport with the riders, good bloke!

Very good at Rye House last Sunday.

Proper speedway. Once the outside line develops fully it's going to be marvellous.

It wasn't, Rob. It was, as New Science has suggested, a rider drifting off the inside. If either rider had stayed on the kerb, there would have been no passing at all.

Make no mistake, the shape of the track is superb - the entrance to the bends has to be seen to be believed - and there's no reason why it cannot be as good as its predecessor at Hyde Road. Jon Armstrong's brilliant ride last Friday proved that.

But it needs someone - like Colin Meredith - who can prepare it properly. Otherwise it might as well be square and full of holes.

• Like 1

It wasn't, Rob. It was, as New Science has suggested, a rider drifting off the inside. If either rider had stayed on the kerb, there would have been no passing at all.

Make no mistake, the shape of the track is superb - the entrance to the bends has to be seen to be believed - and there's no reason why it cannot be as good as its predecessor at Hyde Road. Jon Armstrong's brilliant ride last Friday proved that.

But it needs someone - like Colin Meredith - who can prepare it properly. Otherwise it might as well be square and full of holes.

I think you are probably old enough to have heard the expression 'Rome wasn't built in a day'?

Seriously, what were you expecting? No speedway track I know or have known produces epic speedway every meeting. There are differing variables.

This country now has a fantastic stadium to host international calibre events and because this meeting wasn't full of passes your assessment is that it's crap. Perhaps if Young Gollob had been in the Aces line up it might have produced a better scenario!

A much more measured and reasonable response would be to give it two or three months, especially with its well documented problems and perhaps give a view at this stage.

The race I saw suggests that given time the track has potential. It most certainly isn't 'a Leicester' and not sure why you have commented in this negative way.

I look forward to visiting BV and this impressive facility in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

Its been said - hes on holiday, cant the man have an holiday, hes been through a stressful time in the last few weeks - he'll be back.

A lot was said against Dave Gordon/Chris Morton a few weeks back when the reportedly the contractors messed things up, I would like to give them some praise on the design of the track. Its reported they spent time going to various tracks across Europe, and keeping in mind the Hyde Road track, and came up with whats now being raced on, and getting positive reviews from posters on here. So, well done Dave and Chris

• Like 1

From the video just released it seems I was wrong with my estimate of the number of fans in block E I thought it was half full at best but from the pictures it looks more like a quarter full.

Tungate at reserve; sums up why British Speedway is heading nowhere fast.

Rosco is a Team GB disgrace.

Spot on.

Reserves have always played a part in speedway but ever since the "draft" came in, more meetings than not, have been decided by their performances and the heat leaders importance has steadily declined. But this season with the new rules, it really has gone too far and nearly every meeting so far is being decided by whichever team has a so called "reserve" or even "reserves", scoring 15-20+ points on his own or between them, so that even when a World class number 1 like Doyle is missing (and replaced by an average rider like Harris) then the team can still easily win a meeting (away at that too!) because of their number 6 or 7 (or both!!).

No wonder British speedway struggles to attract either a) many real quality riders or B) crowds!!

Halifaxtiger is right, the track was slick and so passing was at a premium, which was a shame, but i am sure that once the usual curator is back, that will be rectified. By making it slick, they played safe as the last thing they needed was riders moaing about the track on day 1. BV riders bikes were spinning like mad coming out of the corners so couldnt get near the Robins lads, who were well set up.

its a great speedway stadium and the track is a shape that will produce great racing.

What is needed is:

PA system needs tweaking, the acustics werent great in the main stand

2 minute clock on the centre green

longer term - a scoreboard, the one glaring omission from a modern stadium

Then, liven up the match presentation, make the non racing bits of the night more interesting!!

but its 100000000% better than the old place