British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Stoke Vs Rye House 28th May.

Couldn't see a thread for this meeting....is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Still need a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

If only we had more strength in depth.

Well done the raiders

• Like 1

Good performance from Raiders top three and McCauley Leek,, Time I think to try some fresh rookies

• Like 2

Good performance from Raiders top three and McCauley Leek,, Time I think to try some fresh rookies

I agree Waco, Connor Locke can't stay on a bike to save his life.

• Like 1

Oh!,, you have noticed that as well,,i was beginning to think i was the only one...

• Like 1

Oh what could have been if the raiders had followed Mr Sampfords advice. 2 very inexperienced rookies and Sam woods was never going to be the answer. There are plenty of riders out there who can stay on board and pick up far more points than the current crop given time. Leek is proof that you need some speedway experience before hitting the NL

• Like 1

The MO for the Raiders is to develop riders, they have to start somewhere so I have no problem with the likes of Locke, Leek and Bowdery being blooded. The Raiders are a second team, results are secondary. To lose by seven points to a standalone side away from home is no disgrace at all. It's a real shame Bowtell and Hume didn't stick around, we could have put a real challenge for honours together if they had.

• Like 1

Lol this sport just continues to make me laugh, aparantley there's a new rule that you can't go infield even though your not even on a green light and still are under the 2 minutes, who made this one up and more importantly who even knew.

Chopper

I agree Waco, Connor Locke can't stay on a bike to save his life.

Nor could Danyon Hume this time last year, in fact he was worse, but look at the difference now.

Lol this sport just continues to make me laugh, aparantley there's a new rule that you can't go infield even though your not even on a green light and still are under the 2 minutes, who made this one up and more importantly who even knew.

Chopper

It's been known since the start of the season, although TBF the regs don't go into as much detail as was explained early on, which is an all too familiar problem.

• Like 1

At Rye I've seen hundreds of times a rider come straight from the pits turn left then go around the starting tapes to get to the start line, is that now not allowed.

At Rye I've seen hundreds of times a rider come straight from the pits turn left then go around the starting tapes to get to the start line, is that now not allowed.

Not any more.

2 things that strike me here is 1) the pit gate is next to the start line at Stoke anyway

2) the 2 minutes stops once you are on track this year not at the tapes like before.

So why the hell would you need to ride across the infield, in effect costing Rye a point.

Seems stupid from the rider to me.

• Like 2

2 things that strike me here is 1) the pit gate is next to the start line at Stoke anyway

2) the 2 minutes stops once you are on track this year not at the tapes like before.

So why the hell would you need to ride across the infield, in effect costing Rye a point.

Seems stupid from the rider to me.

Doubt many riders knew about that rule. In the heat of the moment when you're desperate to get to the tapes it's easy to forget.

Chopper

you can blame (thank) craig cook at poole for that one. he bombed it across the infield and almost hit an ambulance person. the rule is now that if the rider is on track heading to the start so long as they don't then stop for a practise start etc, they won't be excluded even if they are not at the tapes. so laugh on if it makes you happy but it's a far better rule imo.

• Like 1