British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

British Final Belle Vue June 13th.

Yep. Track is fine and will be fine. The drainage is excellent

• Like 1

Bit of info for those travelling any distance,

"Fans travelling to Belle Vue for tonight's British Final please note that the Mancunian Way (A57) arterial road through the city centre is completely closed today for a carriageway inspection.

This closure is affecting all major routes into and around Manchester therefore we strongly advise those attending to allow for plenty of time to factor this closure into their journey"

.http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1770

Basically if you're travelling from the south then it would be best to come in from the Stockport/ Denton side in order to avoid the worst of the problems.

Edited by nw42

Did I read that Belle Vue had ordered track covers? I wonder if they are available as yet and if so, whether they are in place today?

Edited by dukiedesmo

"Fans travelling to Belle Vue for tonight's British Final please note that the Mancunian Way (A57) arterial road through the city centre is completely closed today for a carriageway inspection.

Just a slight correction to that. It's the A57(M) Mancunian Way which is closed, not the A57 (Hyde Road).

It's causing absolute chaos all around the city centre and on all roads in and out of the city centre

The issue was apparently his temperament, not his ability to ride the track. I would agree that Wolves is one of his best tracks but look at his Wolves and BV scores this season and theres not a lot in it. How many people do you think are going to pass Cook and Nicholls in the same heat at the NSS this season? Because Jason did it!

Do I think he'll win? Not really. But if he does somehow sneak the semis and then the final would you really bet against him? He's capable of having big riders and always has. And he only has to beat Cook, Nicholls and Harris - two of whom he has, as I mentioned above, passed at BV this season.

The format should help. Garrity is not one of those riders you would imagine stringing five consistent rides together to win an old-style individual. But if he makes it to the semis -- and I rather think he will -- then it is, in effect, two one-off rides. And then....?

In passing, going back a few years I used to have much the same view of Lewis Bridger in this kind of competition.

The format should help. Garrity is not one of those riders you would imagine stringing five consistent rides together to win an old-style individual. But if he makes it to the semis -- and I rather think he will -- then it is, in effect, two one-off rides. And then....?

In passing, going back a few years I used to have much the same view of Lewis Bridger in this kind of competition.

Last year Garrity was joint highest scorer with Woffy on 13points so if it had been the old style format he would have been better off.

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/14578/british-final-wolves-15-2015

However that was at Wolves. Hopefully he can do well tonight without the pressure getting too him or any exclusions.

My money would be on Cook tonight.

Edited by mdmc82

Anyone know what's happening with the TV schedule? Tennis match only now starting on Skysport 3