British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Peterborough Panthers Pl 21-7-16@7-30pm

Easy easy easy!!!!

Foxhole has turned into the lower league Lakeside for the visitors.

Rathbone only said last week that "I'm a prudent businessman and this club has to break even. I'm not here to make money, but I sure as hell cannot sit back and lose it" and your idea will empty the bank balance pretty quickly,

Well he's got to come up with something very quick before fans start losing interest and vote with there feet . It's not just about away performances they have not been very convincing at home either usually 2 or 3 riders have helped them scrape home

Foxhole has turned into the lower league Lakeside for the visitors.

Rockets managed to get a point there a couple of weeks ago and we're rubbish. Funny old game innit?

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Well what can you say about that, apart from Busk pretty woeful performance. But to be fair just as I thought it would be, you can't win anything with 4 reserves in the team.

Well what can you say about that, apart from Busk pretty woeful performance. But to be fair just as I thought it would be, you can't win anything with 4 reserves in the team.

You forgot to mention an unworthy NO1

• Like 1

Witches look like they have all hit form together, all found their mojo. Inspired by music??

Havent beaten much tbf.

Havent beaten much tbf.

have to make the most of any little chance to celebrate after the season so far!

Danny Ayres certainly endeared himself to the crowd tonight. Great performance and all the showboating was justified.

A local too......

• Like 2

Brilliant guest tonight in Danny Ayers. Enjoyed himself too. Oops Bruv must have posted at same time.

Edited by Badge
  • Like 1

Danny Ayres certainly endeared himself to the crowd tonight. Great performance and all the showboating was justified.

A local too......

just aswell it wasn't on the telly then ;)

• Like 2

have to make the most of any little chance to celebrate after the season so far!

A local too......

I asked the question on the Ipswich thread about where Ayres is from. As I understand it he come from motocross. Now I know he's not a youngster,and his performance earlier in the season here with Glasgow wasn't great, apart from heat 2. But it begs the question why wasn't he on our radar. I assume Glasgow were sniffing around whilst he was riding for Kent, but when it comes to scouting where are our management, in the toilet? Now I know with one performance from a guest rider and a good win and we all get carried away, but for a tall rider he looked reasonably quick and his style was smooth, not to mention his enthusiasm.

Perhaps the same could be said for Ashley Morris. He looked quicker than when he rode for us, did we coat his tyres in treacle?

Anyway back to tonight and a thoroughly deserved win with all playing their part. Onwards and upwards hopefully!

• Like 1

There isnt one rider in the Panthers team tonight who warrants being considered for the 2017 team

If Rathbone gets his fingers burnt too much then there might not be one unless he's already shook hands with RF.

Well that was a lot easier than I expected.

Peterborough were more Pants than Panthers apart from the virtually sole resistance from Jacobsen!

And as many have said before Bjerre was definitely a poor choice to replace the Cookie monster.

On the Witches front

Danny , I'm imperious again , unbeatable.

James , take a bow son , paid max .

Nico , maybe a tad below par .

Morten , looked good tonight.

Ben , deserved more for the effort alone .

Danny Ayres , inspired choice of guest and he loved it .

Connor , not the best tonight but still got a lot to learn .

Overall a thoroughly enjoyable evening and a always good to beat the pussycats!

• Like 1

I loved every minute of that, good win, great company. Danny ayres what a legend, all riders should take a look at what Danny did for the crowd tonight, he got us all rocking. I think the massif could be the best thing that's happened at ipswich for a while and was recognised on 3 social media platforms. We even got a wave from Chris Louis. Loving my speedway at the moment, thanks to all the lads involved. Rumours are we may have our first female member starting next week hey sue.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 5

I enjoyed the meeting (that is something that I have not been able to say this season). Some good racing and a good result, with the whole team looking on the pace. But the best thing was the atmosphere was very good. I think it was a combination of, a bigger crowd with the kids, the mastiff with their enthusiasm, a good presenter interacting with the crowd, the riders (Witches) enjoying themselves and the passion of Danny Ayres.

Well done everyone, keep it going.

• Like 3