British Speedway Forum

Anyone using BV as a positive role model for doing business is deluded or daft or both!

Any way if work doesn't start to sort Brandon v early Jan they will not be ready for next season

If the above is correct, the next step would be an "arson attack", probably on the 25th

I remain convinced Sandhu and his family are behind Brandon Estates.

I have heard from a credible source that Brandon Estates is owned by legitimate investors who have no connection with Sandhu. There was actually bad blood between the two parties prior to the latest series of events, and it would not surprise me if we saw the stadium only open for speedway in March and Stock cars unable to be accommodated.

Bad blood yet Sandhu managed to convince Brandon Estates to sponsor Coventry Bees.

Bad blood yet Sandhu managed to convince Brandon Estates to sponsor Coventry Bees.

Maybe that was agreed prior to the events which caused the bad blood.... or maybe sponsoring the Bees was something that helped show Brandon Estates in good light to the local council?

• Like 1

I have heard from a credible source that Brandon Estates is owned by legitimate investors who have no connection with Sandhu. There was actually bad blood between the two parties prior to the latest series of events, and it would not surprise me if we saw the stadium only open for speedway in March and Stock cars unable to be accommodated.

Presuming Coventry Speedway is still going to be the headleaseholder from 1/1/17,would just running speedway be viable? I thought Stox were needed for providing a substantial slice of the stadium operating costs.

Don't think it would matter. i'm sure they'd have ensured that your rifle was deactivated when you weren't looking.

When Sandhu bought the stadium it was clear his ultimate aim was redevelopment. Why then would he sell all that land to someone else and allow them to make all the money from redeveloping it instead?

Of course Brandon Estates may have made Sandhu an offer he couldn't refuse and bought it from Sandhu at a much higher redevelopment value, rather than the existing use stadium value, but why would they do that? You wouldn't give away a huge slice of the potential profit when you're the one taking the risk.

If Brandon Estates really are an unconnected party who have bought the stadium at an overinflated price, why would Sandhu go back and tear down floodlights, rip out alarms and other electrics? If Sandhu had sold the stadium for a huge profit, the second hand value of a bit of scrap floodlighting would be mere petty cash, and not something worth getting sued for.

Clearly such things as floodlight stanchions, fire alarms, and internal wiring are fixtures of the stadium, not mere fittings of the tenant. Both parties will know this. Sandhu would not trash these things unless it was part of a pre-arranged plan.

Have the police really been called? Somehow I doubt it. They wouldn't get involved in a civil matter.

I honestly believe this is a battle purposely arranged between Sandhu's left hand and Sandhu's right hand to create a smokescreen while the stadium is trashed and becomes unusable.

It has been claimed more than once that Sandhu has no interest in Brandon Estates Ltd (Jersey). Sandhu owns the promoting liscence for stox, so as he claims to own the flood lights he has taken them down because they are his toys and no-one else can play with them without a signed agreement,

As for selling the land he has been told numerous times that planning permission would be denied, so maybe he thought it best to get out whilst he could.

Having sold the stadium he wasn't bothered about a lease because he could take the Stox on the road, Stoke, Birmingham, Kings Lynn maybe, he has the dates so only needs a track to race on.

There are thing behind the scenes we as fans will neve know about,

Presuming Coventry Speedway is still going to be the headleaseholder from 1/1/17,would just running speedway be viable? I thought Stox were needed for providing a substantial slice of the stadium operating costs.

It appears Cov Stox are needed as they claim to own the fixtures and fittings, as to viability of speedway only, who knows

Don't think it would matter. i'm sure they'd have ensured that your rifle was deactivated when you weren't looking.

When Sandhu bought the stadium it was clear his ultimate aim was redevelopment. Why then would he sell all that land to someone else and allow them to make all the money from redeveloping it instead?

Of course Brandon Estates may have made Sandhu an offer he couldn't refuse and bought it from Sandhu at a much higher redevelopment value, rather than the existing use stadium value, but why would they do that? You wouldn't give away a huge slice of the potential profit when you're the one taking the risk.

If Brandon Estates really are an unconnected party who have bought the stadium at an overinflated price, why would Sandhu go back and tear down floodlights, rip out alarms and other electrics? If Sandhu had sold the stadium for a huge profit, the second hand value of a bit of scrap floodlighting would be mere petty cash, and not something worth getting sued for.

Clearly such things as floodlight stanchions, fire alarms, and internal wiring are fixtures of the stadium, not mere fittings of the tenant. Both parties will know this. Sandhu would not trash these things unless it was part of a pre-arranged plan.

Have the police really been called? Somehow I doubt it. They wouldn't get involved in a civil matter.

I honestly believe this is a battle purposely arranged between Sandhu's left hand and Sandhu's right hand to create a smokescreen while the stadium is trashed and becomes unusable.

Exactly how I'm seeing it......

According to today's SS, Brandon Estates are challenging whether all the fixtures and fittings are indeed Sandhu's to remove - maliciously or otherwise?!

44202_1630541961839_4511346_n.jpg?oh=fcd
"First off when Sandhu purchased the site the business was bankrupt, Ochiltree did not own it he was effectively a manager and the site was costing the London owners money. It was sold as a development site not as a going concern because it was not a going concern. He invested £1m into the site and has allowed as a result a further 15 years use for the two sports. He has not yet had a return on that capital but he is still committed to the sports and frankly is the only person who has no other motive than seeing the sports have a long term future home. Others are trying to either get the houses built quicker or trying to inherit things that Sandhu has bought or cash in on his reputation. One thing is for certain we will be running Stox next year and we hope it will be at Brandon if not we have a plan B which really should be plan A but we have a lot of loyalty to the Coventry site. So trust or don't trust that is for you to decide but nobody on our side is getting rich out of the current situation which is driven by greed from others and that will no doubt become more apparent as the truth always comes out in the end."

So how does this fit into the scheme of things? It's hard to know who to believe. :neutral: If 'others' are trying to get houses built quicker Sandhu has given them a big helping hand by the extra damage caused when removing his assets.

Edited by Gemini

According to today's SS, Brandon Estates are challenging whether all the fixtures and fittings are indeed Sandhu's to remove - maliciously or otherwise?!

This could drag on for months and months..

Those comments by j heaver are full of lies and inaccuracy. These people are not to be trusted. And it shows to me that there is no intention to put right the venue or run at brandon.

• Like 2

That's what I was thinking too. Hopefully once Christmas and the New Year is out of the way we can all be put out of our misery so we don't have to endure more months of uncertainty. It just doesn't make sense to have stripped the stadium and done a lot of damage doing it only to say it will all be put back again. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

That's what I was thinking too. Hopefully once Christmas and the New Year is out of the way we can all be put out of our misery so we don't have to endure more months of uncertainty. It just doesn't make sense to have stripped the stadium and done a lot of damage doing it only to say it will all be put back again. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Sadly, Gem, that was the way I saw it. Some things might have been worth stripping, but why rip out all the seats, smash them up and a few days later offer to buy new ones ?

• Like 4