British Speedway Forum

There is no one more than me that wants the Bees to be back at Brandon where they belong and Speedway to continue there for many many years to come I mean look at the history of the place, but I am sick and tired of all the pony being chatted to the Bees supporters over this past close season I don't even support Coventry but feel sorry for them taken for absolute mugs, now they are in at Leicester for home meetings and being told the futures clear!

• Like 2

Truth be told . I'm probably no more confident than you in Mick Horton , however until a viable alternative steps forward he's all we have , but don't hold your breath waiting for speedways Roman Abramovic , Horton has put up with a lot more crap from Sandhu than most would have when you consider the financial risk he's taking running the Bees at all , we the supporters the promoter and the team are under siege from a greedy businessman who cares nothing for anything except profit . and if he's to be defeated we all needd to pull in the same direction . if that under the stewardship of the only man prepared to take it on . so be it because the alternative if conceding to greed and no future for the Bees

too right . someone is doing all they can to prevent the Bees racing at Brandon . you only need to look at the timing of removing what he claims are his assets to see that in action , he and his greedy ambitions are a formidable enemy though , so steel yourself for a long hard battle

I really feel for you Bees fans , things are not going smoothly behind the scenes obviously, nothing has started to be done to put the stadium in order as far as I am aware of as yet and it makes me wonder about the promises that have been made if they will ever get started on, it seems to me that they are stalling thinking oh well the've got somewhere to race what's the hurry why should we bother. I hope i'm wrong and soon you will be able to race at Brandon again but with everything that has been happening behind the scenes and the motives that are involved I really have my doubts but I wish all your fans the best and keep my fingers crossed for you that it all works out.

I hate to be negative but I can't see the bees returning to Brandon , I reckon the damage done to speedway this close season could be the final nail going into the coffin. I can't see how the sport can keep surviving moving from one shambles to another year after year

There is no one more than me that wants the Bees to be back at Brandon where they belong and Speedway to continue there for many many years to come I mean look at the history of the place, but I am sick and tired of all the pony being chatted to the Bees supporters over this past close season I don't even support Coventry but feel sorry for them taken for absolute mugs, now they are in at Leicester for home meetings and being told the futures clear!

The future is tomorrow, next week, next month. At the moment the future for the Bees is riding at Leicester ~ that bit is clear so the fixtures can be announced. I doubt very much if even the promoters know what will happen so how can they tell us any more? Personally I think Sandhu and/or his family are involved with Brandon Estates and they have no intention of putting anything right at the stadium so I'm just grateful we'll be able to see the Bees in action even if it's not on their own track.

........New era Panthers............ I really feel for you Bees fans , things are not going smoothly behind the scenes obviously, nothing has started to be done to put the stadium in order as far as I am aware of as yet and it makes me wonder about the promises that have been made if they will ever get started on, it seems to me that they are stalling thinking oh well the've got somewhere to race what's the hurry why should we bother.

Who do you think are stalling ~ the Coventry promoters or Sandhu? Nothing can be done inside the stadium until the owners Brandon Estates let anyone in, which at the moment they are not. I wonder why?

Edited by Gemini

I really feel for you Bees fans , things are not going smoothly behind the scenes obviously, nothing has started to be done to put the stadium in order as far as I am aware of as yet and it makes me wonder about the promises that have been made if they will ever get started on, it seems to me that they are stalling thinking oh well the've got somewhere to race what's the hurry why should we bother. I hope i'm wrong and soon you will be able to race at Brandon again but with everything that has been happening behind the scenes and the motives that are involved I really have my doubts but I wish all your fans the best and keep my fingers crossed for you that it all works out.

What promises have been made? It's quite clear that no one will be allowed to reinstate facilties at Brandon until Brandon Estates says so. All that's been said is we will start the season at Leicester and hope for a return to Brandon soon. No one has said anything else. Unfortunately that's something between two parties who do not own Coventry Speedway which meant the Bees has had to move elsewhere to secure their short term future.

Does anybody seriously believe that Coventry will ever return to Brandon???

Does anybody seriously believe that Coventry will ever return to Brandon???

With Sandhu seemingly involved with helping us at Leicester it does give me a bit of hope, why would he otherwise? It's still unlikely though at this stage.

woz01, on 03 Feb 2017 - 6:47 PM, said:

With Sandhu seemingly involved with helping us at Leicester it does give me a bit of hope, why would he otherwise? It's still unlikely though at this stage.

I would like to see Mr Sandhu or one of his people make a public statement of intent , I think that would be reassuring to ALL Speedway & Stock Car supporters .

• Like 1

I would like to see Mr Sandhu or one of his people make a public statement of intent , I think that would be reassuring to ALL Speedway & Stock Car supporters .

Can you see that happening ?

I think that the results of the home meetings at Leicester will have a huge bearing on the numbers attending the following weeks meeting. Its highly likely that if the Bees are winning the more will turn up to support them.

• Like 1

what you want Sandhu to actually make a statement of his intent to build on Brandon through his fake company ?

I think one is maybe due next week about the Stox intentions.

Jeremy Heaver is 'one of his people' and he has been quite public on Facebook but whether there has been a statement of intent or not I can't make my mind up.

I cant help thinking there is an air of acceptance about the whole affair. It appears to me that everybody is waiting for someone else to sort it out, in the meantime the demise of the iconic stadium continues.

Surely there are people in high places who could get the ball rolling, M o Ps; Councillors, Planning Officers; Police; Television; Newspapers could all help in a effort to streamline the process.

I hope upon hope this is not the end of Brandon speedway, but I'm not very confidant......

I feel that it is extremely unlikely that speedway will ever return to Brandon because of the extent of the removal of fixtures and fittings including those which are ultra expensive for anyone to replace ( floodlighting and essential H&S equipment ). It was a statement of fact " I control things here" and no-one in speedway is prepared to foot the bill ( not cost effective ) and no one can pressure the other party into doing it either. No major investor will front up such a process just to stage only speedway racing. It can no longer stand on it's own feet financially.