British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Tigers Vs Panthers - 28/7/16

I take it back!...and I'm chuffed we got the 3 points but let's be honest...it was only because steady withdrew.

• Like 3

Ully was a dirty little bar stool and should have been excluded from the same race twice for his moves on Bates and Sissis.

The writing was on the wall as soon as we lost Stead, we were never going to have enough strength in the last third of the meeting. Fair play to Peterborough for taking advantage.

Does anybody know what is up with Bates at the moment? 3 points from 5 rides is a bit pants, he just doesn't seem to have any speed.... Berge and Howarth on the other hand are flying and kept us in tonight's meeting

• Like 1

Why does the PL not do the in-meeting R/R thing?

• Like 1

Ully was a dirty little bar stool and should have been excluded from the same race twice for his moves on Bates and Sissis.

The writing was on the wall as soon as we lost Stead, we were never going to have enough strength in the last third of the meeting. Fair play to Peterborough for taking advantage.

Does anybody know what is up with Bates at the moment? 3 points from 5 rides is a bit pants, he just doesn't seem to have any speed.... Berge and Howarth on the other hand are flying and kept us in tonight's meeting

Wasn't there so I couldn't comment on Ostergaard's hard riding although the ref didn't see it in the same way as you are suggesting , but I do know he could have been excluded only once in any given race . I hope Simon's injury is not too serious and wish him a speedy recovery.

I know he can be excluded only once - he knocked Bares off first time round and then flicked his back wheel out in exactly the same place in the re-run and nearly took Sissis off. Hard riding I have no issue with, dangerous riding is a different matter.

To be clear, Steady's injury was nothing to do with Ully as far as I could see - was actually a bit surprised that all 4 back was given when he fell

I know he can be excluded only once - he knocked Bares off first time round and then flicked his back wheel out in exactly the same place in the re-run and nearly took Sissis off. Hard riding I have no issue with, dangerous riding is a different matter.

To be clear, Steady's injury was nothing to do with Ully as far as I could see - was actually a bit surprised that all 4 back was given when he fell

To be honest with you after 3 races and leading by 10 points I thought Tigers were about to launch a massacre , Stead withdrawing and using rider replacement as well was always going to stretch Tigers resources . A very fortunate win for Panthers

• Like 1

not allowed to unfortunately

not allowed to unfortunately

There is no disputing the loss of Steady was a huge factor in this meeting but that should not detract from the fact that Sheffield should still have won this meeting.

There are currently 3 people who should not be involved with Sheffield

Josh Bates

Nathan Greaves

And whomever is supposedly the team manager

When is the management going to make decent decisions during a meeting? Nathan should never have come out in heat 8 Arthur should have been brought in against Tom Perry and Holub. Arthur at that stage was riding well where as the Peterborough pair had done nothing. A 5-1 at that time would have put the meeting beyond doubt in my opinion.

How Nathan remains in the side let alone takes all his programmed rides is way beyond me

• Like 1

What was the crowd like? Did the promotional offer with the WC tickets work?

Didn't look any bigger than usual for this fixture to be honest, don't know many who'd pay £90 plus for a hotel to get £5 off admission to a speedway meeting!

As for young master Bates all his talk in the programme about how well his 'Ash-Tec' engines are working, if that's so it must be down to him for his recent poor performances, especially last night when he needed to step up when he was really needed. Is he carrying an injury? or was it the disappointment of being dropped from the team GB squad?

Only Panthers fans could moan about being 2nd in the table.

No prizes for second, especially at this stage. When was the last time we won anything :wink:

• Like 1