British Speedway Forum
Pob

Ipswich Witches Vs Sheffield Tigers Pl Thurs Sep 8th

I may be in attendance tonight if I can secure my lift but I'll have to be supporting from somewhere around the first bend, I've got no hope of hobbling all the way round and up to the Massif I'm afraid.

Anyone know who the referee was for this match? Seem incredible that (according to updates) that the tapes were destroyed on numerous occasions and no-one was disqualified, and no mention of a malfunction!!!

A good win as expected and roll on tomorrow night. Talking of roll on, referees really need to get a grip on this jump starting malarkey otherwise the tapes manufacturer will be nominated for a knighthood! Seriously though, Sergeant got a flyer in heat 1 even after being warned. Even so as speed ace said, numerous issues seem to be bypassed by the referee. Anyway 4 points tomorrow will really crank up the pressure on Sheffield at Rye House on Tuesday.

A good win as expected and roll on tomorrow night. Talking of roll on, referees really need to get a grip on this jump starting malarkey otherwise the tapes manufacturer will be nominated for a knighthood! Seriously though, Sergeant got a flyer in heat 1 even after being warned. Even so as speed ace said, numerous issues seem to be bypassed by the referee. Anyway 4 points tomorrow will really crank up the pressure on Sheffield at Rye House on Tuesday.

No pressure on us at Rye, we are going to lose, simple

• Like 1

Comfortable win for the Witches - solid all round performance.

Some good scraps despite the score.

Even as a Witches fan theres one rider I pick out for special praise - Simon Stead

Classy from him to reel off 4 straight wins (including ending Dannys 30 heat winning streak at Foxhall) after a dodgy heat 1.

Also showed his class acknowledging his away support at the end. Top man.

• Like 3

Anyone know who the referee was for this match? Seem incredible that (according to updates) that the tapes were destroyed on numerous occasions and no-one was disqualified, and no mention of a malfunction!!!

The referee was Chris 'Rerun' Gay!

More like Chris "Hold The Tapes Too Long" Gay. Most of the tapes were broken by helmet peaks, except heat 14 when Joe went through them but only got a warning!!!

Comfortable win for the Witches - solid all round performance.

Some good scraps despite the score.

Even as a Witches fan theres one rider I pick out for special praise - Simon Stead

Classy from him to reel off 4 straight wins (including ending Dannys 30 heat winning streak at Foxhall) after a dodgy heat 1.

Also showed his class acknowledging his away support at the end. Top man.

Couldn't agree more buddy. I saw Steady ride last Thursday at home to Rye House and he didn't look his normal self and suffered a mechanical malfunction in one heat. I put it down to time and tide and all the injuries plus a slow start to this season but boy did Simon look good tonight. The style, the swagger, the gating prowess. Every bit the best rider in the PL that he may be - and certainly has been in the past. I was lucky enough to catch a few words with him (and Olly Allen) in the pits afterwards and congratulated him on taking the Skipper's record - TBH, it couldn't have been lost to a better person.

EDIT: Oh, and I have been saying that he will be an International rider within five years, well, he's only gone and done it this season.... representing GB Young Lions U23 "overseas" on Tuesday 13 September.... Birmingham's No. 2 and Witches No. 7, Danyon Hume. Massif congratulations Dan! Proud of you buddy.

EXTRA EDIT: Just wanted to say well done to the Tigers supporters who made the journey to Foxhall tonight. Hope you enjoyed the meeting if not the result and that you had a safe journey home and didn't get hit by too many Rocket Balloons where you were standing.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

No pressure on us at Rye, we are going to lose, simple

Can anyone explain why we started the season so well but are finishing it so badly? In the first third of the season it looked as though the Tigers were set for a top three finish, but now it looks as if we'll finish sixth (AGAIN!) and draw Peterborough in the play-offs (AGAIN!) and get wiped out in the first round (AGAIN!)

Can anyone explain why we started the season so well but are finishing it so badly? In the first third of the season it looked as though the Tigers were set for a top three finish, but now it looks as if we'll finish sixth (AGAIN!) and draw Peterborough in the play-offs (AGAIN!) and get wiped out in the first round (AGAIN!)

You may finish seventh !!

If sixth won't be P'bro will be Glasgow/Newcastle

Yes you will get wiped out in the first round (AGAIN!)

If you finish sixth it will be one off Glasgow.Edinburgh or Newcastle you will get wiped out by