British Speedway Forum

It's in black and white on the BSPA website! 7.65

It helps an Aussie but what else would we expect from those clowns.

No-one mentioned rolling averages before today & it should be from meetings in 2016 & not before.

No fault on whoever signs Brady but he should be in on his 2016 Elite League average.

• Like 1

1 2.00 rider would not do much harm to be honest, especially if the other reserve is very strong!

Plus they need to learn and their is some very good 2.00 riders coming through.

Poole allegedly don't want to use him, that's possibly why he won't get a team. Poole don't think he's worth his average, they obviously don't appreciate him.

send him to Wolves we will have him all day long only heading one way

7.65 more than fair.

And if the No.1 has an off night (C Holder last season) then it would result in the team getting battered.

Strength in depth is the way forward with a free scoring reserve.

It would depend on who the other 6 riders are 😜 they could easily carry a struggling number 7 and 1 who is having an off night.

7.65 more than fair.

Not going to get into an argument about it but where in the statement did it mention rolling averages?.

It didn't & he didn't ride enough Premier League meetings in 2016 to get an average.

A great loophole & fair play to Poole for it.

Just as much a joke that Klindt rode more Elite League meetings than Premier but they use the Premier average.

It's just a sad thing that a young Brit hasn't benefited.

Can't understand at all why matt has decided against Adam Ellis next year he improved heeps last year and is equally as gd as alot of other riders who have the same averages,he spent the majority of time at no2 last year. Then we will go sign a foreign rider *angry!!!*

I hope matt goes down the KK route as he's definitely worth the extra point and much stronger no1.

Poole always go down the foreign route
  • Like 1

A hypothetical question I know but what would you Poole fans have gone with if Darcy hadn't had his accident?.

The only reason I ask is because I'm surprised so many don't want Chris in the team.

PIRATES IN SEARCH FOR NEW SPONSOR

8th November 2016

As British speedway heads into a new era,Poole chief Matt Ford is on the search for a new main team sponsor for the 2017 season

The two-year deal with Readypower, a plant hire company, is heading towards its conclusion and company owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney have intimated that they will playing a less active role in speedway and have chosen not to extend the arrangement.

Poole boss Matt Ford admitted "Our association with Readypower was a very good arrangement and working with Rick and Julie was an absolute pleasue and I can't thank them enough for the support that they have given us. But as with many things in life the good doesn't last for ever and they have chosen to take a step back and so we now have an opening for another company to become involved with us."

"We are keen to hear from any organisations that feel they might be able to offer us sponsorship in exchange for plenty of advertising and exposure. Our main team partners will become part of the team's name and through our television associates we can gain publicityin the region of 150 countries. Whether it be the Mediterranean or the Pacific Rim, we are shown live and our main sponsor is always prevalent by name, which we extend through all media outlets.

Any company or individual seeking further information should telephone Poole Speedway on 01202 681145 or email information@poolepirates.co.

I think all of us Poole fans would love Chris to come back but if Chris did we would need 100% commitment and top machinery as we would have a very weak tail.

Ill try and come up with a team with Chris riding at No.1 and will post it soon.

I think you will find most will have long tails..

8th November 2016

As British speedway heads into a new era,Poole chief Matt Ford is on the search for a new main team sponsor for the 2017 season

The two-year deal with Readypower, a plant hire company, is heading towards its conclusion and company owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney have intimated that they will playing a less active role in speedway and have chosen not to extend the arrangement.

Poole boss Matt Ford admitted "Our association with Readypower was a very good arrangement and working with Rick and Julie was an absolute pleasue and I can't thank them enough for the support that they have given us. But as with many things in life the good doesn't last for ever and they have chosen to take a step back and so we now have an opening for another company to become involved with us."

"We are keen to hear from any organisations that feel they might be able to offer us sponsorship in exchange for plenty of advertising and exposure. Our main team partners will become part of the team's name and through our television associates we can gain publicityin the region of 150 countries. Whether it be the Mediterranean or the Pacific Rim, we are shown live and our main sponsor is always prevalent by name, which we extend through all media outlets.

Any company or individual seeking further information should telephone Poole Speedway on 01202 681145 or email information@poolepirates.co.

Thats correct it was a two year deal, You going to club together with your mates and offer ? I expect Rick Frost is getting fed up with all the buggering about in Speedway.

Edited by Starman2006

Darcy all the way without a shadow of a doubt. Chris hasn't been the same though since his and Darcy's accident which is understandable, but prior to these incidents I always thought Darcy looked the better. His foresight and control of the bike was unrivaled. Great example being the play off semi final 2nd leg vs kings lynn.

It helps an Aussie but what else would we expect from those clowns.

No-one mentioned rolling averages before today & it should be from meetings in 2016 & not before.

No fault on whoever signs Brady but he should be in on his 2016 Elite League average.

As expected yet another anomaly exploited by a promotion.

Brady started the season as a declared EL rider and not a PL rider.

He is lucky that he did double up later in the season otherwise he would be saddled with an average that be difficult to get a place with.

Still, it's great news the new rules look after an Aussie and potentially penalise a Brit tho eh?

:neutral:

• Like 2

If we go with a 2point rider how bout,

Andersen 10.01

Holder 7.16

Kurtz 7.65

Batchelor 7.36

Harris 9.21

Newman 6.31

Junior rider 2.00

I'd prefer KK at no1 though,doubt it eould happen.

Edited by PTW
  • Like 1

A hypothetical question I know but what would you Poole fans have gone with if Darcy hadn't had his accident?.

The only reason I ask is because I'm surprised so many don't want Chris in the team.

Darcy.

• Like 1

8th November 2016

Whats missing from this that was in the Bournemouth Echo article is that the Readypower 2 year deal was worth at least £100000 to Poole. If a sponsor of this magnitude cannot be found by Ford then I think this is the reason that Holder Snr will not appear. The Poole team will be made up of assets as I suspect that loan fees will have to go as well, hence no Ellis.

Matt Ford has never nurtured British talent (with exception of Newman) and this year his failure to so may just bite him on the backside. We all await with interest this year's Poole lineup.

• Like 1

As expected yet another anomaly exploited by a promotion.

Brady started the season as a declared EL rider and not a PL rider.

He is lucky that he did double up later in the season otherwise he would be saddled with an average that be difficult to get a place with.

Still, it's great news the new rules look after an Aussie and potentially penalise a Brit tho eh?

:neutral:

Should have ridden in PL then!
  • Like 1