British Speedway Forum

I know one thing for certain , following the news / rumours regarding Coventry , Speedway fans of all teams

should be keeping their fingers crossed the Aces run this year .

Losing the Coventry Bees AND the Belle Vue Aces would be a catastrophe for the sport in this country

• Like 4

Losing the Coventry Bees AND the Belle Vue Aces would be a catastrophe for the sport in this country

How ironic then that the BSPA lump the two together in the National League.

• Like 2

Wait a minute. Pairman was the "unfavoured" option. Him withdrawing should have made the job of selecting a "favoured" candidate a lot easier, shoudn't it?

Surely we haven't got to the stage where the "favoured" candidates are getting cold feet, thinking that Pairman knew something to put him off the deal, that is making them nervous now, have we? Is this like Dragons Den, when all the dragons are umming and arrring, til one of them says "I'm out" and then they all follow suit with their own "I'm out's"?

Not necessarily so, his withdrawal leaves 3 to choose from, maybe the choice of 2 or even all 3 is so close it taking time to think it out.

Wait a minute. Pairman was the "unfavoured" option. Him withdrawing should have made the job of selecting a "favoured" candidate a lot easier, shoudn't it?

Surely we haven't got to the stage where the "favoured" candidates are getting cold feet, thinking that Pairman knew something to put him off the deal, that is making them nervous now, have we? Is this like Dragons Den, when all the dragons are umming and arrring, til one of them says "I'm out" and then they all follow suit with their own "I'm out's"?

PAIRMAN was allegedly (as stated by GP in his statement) the unfavoured option by speedway authorities not Manchester City Council despite having been confident that the BSPA would welcome his virtually seamless takeover of Belle Vue.

• Like 1

How ironic then that the BSPA lump the two together in the National League.

Riding where ?

Very quiet at Leicester, Belle Vue and Coventry is concerning and takes you back to the 80's when everyone wanted to ride here and teams were still filling their teams in March just days before the start of the season.

Leicester have made it clear in the Star this week that they are waiting for the Coventry situation to clarify before confirming their 1-7 as there may be other riders that would fit their team building options.

Belle Vue is all about Manchester Council approving the final promotion - presumably with the BSPA's support?!

Reading between the lines of the GP statement, his proposal didn't get BSPA approval - presumably because it included a past promoter that had his promoting licence revoked by the BSPA ie Chris Morton.

I'll go back to the Dragon Den comparison. It's all about the "numbers". If the "numbers" given by BSPA / MCC justified the prospect of a profitable venture, you'd think that people would be dying to snap their hands off. Alternatively, if the "numbers" look dodgy, then any sensible business minded person would say "I'm out".

So if that's the case then you have to hope that either you find someone who can turn things around and make a living out of something that has cost someone else dearly, OR you have to hope to find someone who has money to burn (or to "hide" from the tax man) and is willing to lose their money, for benefit of the riders and fans, most of whom will never thank them for what they do or the money that goes up in smoke.

I wonder which of these scenarios is playing out at Belle Vue?

• Like 1

I'll go back to the Dragon Den comparison. It's all about the "numbers". If the "numbers" given by BSPA / MCC justified the prospect of a profitable venture, you'd think that people would be dying to snap their hands off. Alternatively, if the "numbers" look dodgy, then any sensible business minded person would say "I'm out".

So if that's the case then you have to hope that either you find someone who can turn things around and make a living out of something that has cost someone else dearly, OR you have to hope to find someone who has money to burn (or to "hide" from the tax man) and is willing to lose their money, for benefit of the riders and fans, most of whom will never thank them for what they do or the money that goes up in smoke.

I wonder which of these scenarios is playing out at Belle Vue?

Looking at some of the suggested line ups for BV with Zagar and Nicholls being effectively replaced by two juniors, I would imagine more than circa £100k has been removed from the cost base so potentially that would make it cost effective?

Monday or Tuesday things should get announced. So belle vue fans get your eyes peeled

• Like 6

Monday or Tuesday things should get announced. So belle vue fans get your eyes peeled

Hope you're correct Phil, we.ve heard all this for the past week.

Hope you're correct Phil, we.ve heard all this for the past week.

We've heard it all winter.

We've heard it all winter.

Very true.

I have heard it on good authority that Monday or Tuesday will be the day.

a certain someone as been sorting stuff while all this mess as been going on so we will not be left behind.

• Like 1