British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NickRushbrook

Lakeside 2017

Lakeside Annual Dinner and Dance this weekend and once again all 2oo tickets sold

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/countdown-dinner-dance/

Youngsters from the Academy will be coming, various "club legends " of the past will be coming, some of the 2016 team will be coming but will "Voice of Reason " be coming ? No. Kim Nilsson can be bothered to fly in from Sweden but V.O.R, cant be bothered to come.

Jon Cook and Kelvin Tatum will be outlining where the club is at the moment and plans for the future but VOR who constantly complains that he is never told what is happening wont be there to hear it. He will just carry on with his constant complaining, not bothering to find out the facts and calling Jon Cook, Kelvin and one or two others names on forums he wont call them to their face.. Says it all really.

There is no doubt that the future is uncertain, and the club has a fight to survive but there is clearly a loyal fan base at the moment. despite what some would like us to belive

• Like 1

I agree even though I am interested in rye its only

because I like all the riders and I will need my

speedway fix.but if there is NL for lakeside this season

then I will be there also if its not for 2/3 years till

we get our own stadium then I will wait once a hammer always

a hammer.and if the moaning minnies don't like it then they

know what they can go and do. jon stewart and kelvin will

always have my full support COME ON YOU HAMMERS!!!!!!1

• Like 4

There may be 43 Members Bryn.......and there was also a 'guest' called 'The Welshman' or something; that used to appear spouting his utter bile to registered members. Remember?

Just to reiterate that nobody 'dispensed with my services'. As you are well aware, I moved to The Midlands; but remained a Machine Examiner for the duration of the season in 2012. Driving an old 70's Merc, my fuel bill was around £65 - but I stayed neverheless. I had 3 x £50 payments towards my fuel; but spent hundreds of pounds of my own money having committed to this voluntary role. I'd also leave home around 1pm; and having always stayed to put things away, would get back home around 3am the following morning. I personally consider that more commitment than somebody who appears to be forever poncing lifts to get anywhere; answers a few phone calls, then toddles off to the bar. But each to their own.

And my main issue with our club is around the constant lack of communication. For example, the recent statement via The Speedway Star; instead of the clubs website; or social media.

Anyway, as you and EI Addio appear to be the official mouthpieces on here, maybe you can update the fans who do still attend, what's happening for 2017 - as it's apparent they haven't got any idea. An update on the 'new track' would also be most welcome.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 6

I agree even though I am interested in rye its only

because I like all the riders and I will need my

speedway fix.but if there is NL for lakeside this season

then I will be there also if its not for 2/3 years till

we get our own stadium then I will wait once a hammer always

a hammer.and if the moaning minnies don't like it then they

know what they can go and do. jon stewart and kelvin will

always have my full support COME ON YOU HAMMERS!!!!!!1

Do you honestly think we will get a new stadium?

It's about time this thread was moved out of the elite league section.

Probably waiting until we 'officially' declare for NL.

'The Voice of Reason' lives in Warwickshire I believe and, as the situation has been explained to me although I've no way of guaranteeing its accuracy, whilst I and no doubt you believe he is fully entitled to hold his views and express them as he has done on this and every other forum provided they are not libellous, it has been patently obvious for some time that he dislikes Jon Cook immensely since he was told his services as a member of the trackstaff were no longer required at Purfleet. Whether that was prior to him moving to Warwickshire I really don't know.

What I DO know is that it was down to postings of a constant negative nature from him and others that led to the original forum being put into 'maintenance mode' i.e. effectively shut.

Nobody in their right mind would object to receiving criticism, in fact most would welcome it, PROVIDED it was of a constructive nature. Go to the forum address "The Voice of Reason" has given you, see how many of the 43 members (last time I looked) post on it and see for yourselves. "E I Addio" has!

100% correct. However, you, Jon Cook and Neil Vatcher are among the few that don't welcome constructive criticism. You appear to be totally unable to grasp that Lakeside Speedway is supposed to be operating as a professional enterprise and therefore, run in a professional manner. As for the state of your mind, right or otherwise, I really couldn't comment.

• Like 5

'The Voice of Reason' lives in Warwickshire I believe and, as the situation has been explained to me although I've no way of guaranteeing its accuracy, whilst I and no doubt you believe he is fully entitled to hold his views and express them as he has done on this and every other forum provided they are not libellous, it has been patently obvious for some time that he dislikes Jon Cook immensely since he was told his services as a member of the trackstaff were no longer required at Purfleet. Whether that was prior to him moving to Warwickshire I really don't know.

What I DO know is that it was down to postings of a constant negative nature from him and others that led to the original forum being put into 'maintenance mode' i.e. effectively shut.

Nobody in their right mind would object to receiving criticism, in fact most would welcome it, PROVIDED it was of a constructive nature. Go to the forum address "The Voice of Reason" has given you, see how many of the 43 members (last time I looked) post on it and see for yourselves. "E I Addio" has!

It was also the Forum that told you to go take a hike Bryn cos of your constant trolling and bullrubbish - exactly what you are accusing The Voice of Reason of doing.

Lakeside Fans once again found out info from the SS this week, rather than their own forms of communication - website, FB or twitter. Another perfect example of what TVOR and others, including myself, have highlighted is a big issue.

• Like 2

It was also the Forum that told you to go take a hike Bryn cos of your constant trolling and bullrubbish - exactly what you are accusing The Voice of Reason of doing.

Lakeside Fans once again found out info from the SS this week, rather than their own forms of communication - website, FB or twitter. Another perfect example of what TVOR and others, including myself, have highlighted is a big issue.

You are right the communication is bad and I don't think many would argue with that but some of the personal abuse of management and riders has been a bit pathetic don't you think? Iam not naming any names here but anyone can hide behind a computer and do that. Edited by liam

The fact Edward Kennett has been quoted as saying he talked to Scott Nicholls about going to Rye makes me wonder if Lakeside pulling out of the top flight and Rye moving up was known well before the AGM? Funny also how Edward will not be attending the Hammers end of season diner & dance yet Swede Kim Nilsson can.

You are right the communication is bad and I don't think many would argue with that but some of the personal abuse of management and riders has been a bit pathetic don't you think? Iam not naming any names here but anyone can hide behind a computer and do that.

That really is the nub of the issue . If you take any EL club in the country the bulk of the fans complaints these days are lack of communication and failing riders not being replaced as quick as some fans woukd like . Sometimes the complaints are justified sometime they aren't but it's what Speedwáy fans like having a good moan about and we all think we know best.

But there is a big difference between having a moan and getting abusive on a personal level. People who read the forum have read VOR's posts and can make their own judgment on the vituperent way he chooses to express himself. His posts and hounding of Neil Vstcher in particular on the old Lakeside forum were beyond the pale. I think everybody woukd agree that Neil has been a great asset to the under 21's but his tenure as TM at Lakeside was maybe a bridge too far. People woukd be entitled to make fair and constructive criticism of his role as TM but on a personal level he is a decent bloke, he has given hell of a lot to Speedwáy , and continues to do so. He certainly doesn't deserve personal abuse on the level one poster in particular (guess who ) was giving on the old Lakeside forum.

Similarly Dave Watt. Most Lakeside fans could see that Watty did a terrific job as captain in holding the team together after his great friend Lee Richardson died. Then in 2013, as I have mentioned on here before he did a great job with Peter Karlsson have to go out in match match after match at Arena to pull off a heat 15 win to take the match points. In fact in 2012 and 2013,he posted some of the best CMA's of his career for Lakeside. Unfortunately in 2014 a combination of injuries and personal problems which have been well documented took their toll on Davey's form and the two or three usual suspects on the Lakeside forum were in action with their knives. Davey is not beyond criticism by any means, but had deserved better than he got from certain so called fans.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 2

What exactly was in SS that wasn't already in the public domain any way?

The fact Edward Kennett has been quoted as saying he talked to Scott Nicholls about going to Rye makes me wonder if Lakeside pulling out of the top flight and Rye moving up was known well before the AGM? Funny also how Edward will not be attending the Hammers end of season diner & dance yet Swede Kim Nilsson can.

Ed is of course a Rye House asset. He told me before the season ended that he expected to be st another club next year and back in August I was hearing from a very informed source that there could be local derbies with Rye House in 2017. It was known well before the season ended that Rye House wanted to come up, but not that Lakeside would not be running in the EL.

You don't know why Edward is not attending the D&D . Richard Lawson who normally comes will not be attending either. He is due to be out if the country. Maybe Ed is on holiday or otherwise engaged.

Typical bryn, part of the establishment, no outsider allowed a view

What do you mean by part of the establishment ?

He is an SCB licensed incident recorder, and has acted as announcer at various tracks. Is that part of the establishment? Getting around a lot and seeing a lot of Speedwáy at all levels gives him a lot of insight. Sometimes he has attracted criticism on the old Lakeside Forum for telling things as they are. Certain people didn't seem to appreciate their gossip being corrected with a few facts.

But there is a big difference between having a moan and getting abusive on a personal level. People who read the forum have read VOR's posts and can make their own judgment on the vituperent way he chooses to express himself. His posts and hounding of Neil Vstcher in particular on the old Lakeside forum were beyond the pale. I think everybody woukd agree that Neil has been a great asset to the under 21's but his tenure as TM at Lakeside was maybe a bridge too far. People woukd be entitled to make fair and constructive criticism of his role as TM but on a personal level he is a decent bloke, he has given hell of a lot to Speedwáy , and continues to do so. He certainly doesn't deserve personal abuse on the level one poster in particular (guess who ) was giving on the old Lakeside forum.

Everyone was saying that Neil was a nice bloke including VOR.

His ability to carry out the Team Manager was bought into question.

Your constant slating of VOR and anyone else who dares to post a negative comment is quite tiresome.

It's about time this thread was moved out of the elite league section.

its about time it wasnt called the elite league section

• Like 2

Yeah come on move this to the national league section so everyone can sleep easy