British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

It needs a larger number of teams, 12 would be a good start, Sheffield, Rye House, Ipswich and Somerset to move up? Giving 22 EL fixtures..

Stoke and an other to go PL?

1 New team goes NL?

What are the chances of Leicester being allowed to compete in the Elite next year? if so then Saturday is a no go as they are banned for 2017. so maybe just maybe we could see the Lions in the Elite League in 2017with their strongest ever EL team

they got to get some financial backing from somewhere which ever league they line up in .

There must be some big busnesses in Leicester that they can get in to be a sponser. It is not as though it is a small city and there must be quite a lot of people they could get interested if not one main sponser then three or four decent ones. Real shame when they lost Rapid but nothing was really done to replace them.

Just hope that in one form or another the Lions come to the tapes in 2017. I would even come if they ran in the MDL. After all speedway is speedway to me.

The most important thing though, is that there is a new owner and a new promoter who will make the Lions something far better than they have been these last three years, it was good having Doyle at No1 but for the couple of years he was there there was no one to back him up. All we can do is wait and see what happens. Fingers and toes crossed.

It needs a larger number of teams, 12 would be a good start, Sheffield, Rye House, Ipswich and Somerset to move up? Giving 22 EL fixtures..

Stoke and an other to go PL?

1 New team goes NL?

Very funny!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Looks like there might be a 2017 season for the Lions after all - see last para of the following:

King’s Lynn Fixture Cancelled

On Saturday there will be a collection at the entrance of the stadium on behalf of Alex's Wish, the chosen charity of Leicester Speedway for 2016.

Leicester’s final Elite League match of the season which was scheduled to take place on Saturday with the visit of the King’s Lynn Stars to Beaumont Park has been cancelled.

The Lions Co-promoter David Darcy said: “It is no secret that the club is in financial difficulty and to stage the meeting will incur additional costs which will only add to the present situation we find ourselves in. After careful consideration of the facts the only sensible option was to cancel the meeting much to our regret. The decision has not been taken lightly and on behalf of the management team I offer our sincere apologies to our fans, sponsors, business partners, riders and staff. Our fans have supported the team brilliantly throughout the season and I am sure that the news will be a huge disappointment to them as much as it is to everyone within the club.”

The team’s last home appearance took place on August Bank Holiday Monday when Leicester completed a win over last season’s Elite League Champions, the Poole Pirates and the final score-line of 52-38 was their highest winning margin.

The fixture has twice been postponed due to rain which affected track conditions and a third attempt was scheduled to take place two weeks ago only to be cancelled due to the unavailability of several of the Lions team.

“I am mindful that fans may still have in their possession admission tickets from the original date when the meeting was first postponed and if this is the case then King’s Lynn fans should write to their club enclosing their ticket for a refund which has been agreed with the Stars Promoter Keith Chapman.
Lions fans should retain their re-admission tickets which can be exchanged for a meeting next season at Leicester” added Darcy.

Please do not reply to this automated newsletter. If you have any comments / queries then please email lions@leicester-speedway.com

So just one meeting at Leicester next year then?! Shame for all Lions fans.

Looks like there might be a 2017 season for the Lions after all - see last para of the following:

Lions fans should retain their re-admission tickets which can be exchanged for a meeting next season at Leicester” added Darcy.

Yeah, right.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Total farce,least the promotion can do is be honest with a statement of club aspirations for 2017 instead of all these debates of elite/premier/non. Run a successful business and if I treated my clients and staff in such an appalling way would be out of business......o wait a minute they are.. Let's start with a clean sheet and fresh approach he's hoping.

• Like 1

Ok, so Leicester don't come out of this "farce" very well, I admit that, but let's face a fact, the BSPA haven't actually helped the situation with the ridiculous level of fines issued over the "FLOODLIGHTGATE" episode..

I agree total farce from Leicester speedway - if Leicester do run in 2017 and I guess that's a big IF which ever league they do run in if they can find someone to take this shambles on that is - I think the Lions should start on minus 4 league points .

I agree total farce from Leicester speedway - if Leicester do run in 2017 and I guess that's a big IF which ever league they do run in if they can find someone to take this shambles on that is - I think the Lions should start on minus 4 league points .

Why?? That would put a new promoter on the wrong footing from day 1, that really wouldn't be fair on him/them/her, would it...?

• Like 2

Ok, so Leicester don't come out of this "farce" very well, I admit that, but let's face a fact, the BSPA haven't actually helped the situation with the ridiculous level of fines issued over the "FLOODLIGHTGATE" episode..

Except the BSPA did not levy the fine