British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Play Off Final First Leg Eastie V Brum Sun 23 6-30pm

Beaten by us with 5 riders including a low scoring guest*

Edited by Al3x200

I wish Christmas could come that early. How can you honestly imagine not getting 20 points from the reserves and Shanes is probably enough to secure the win.

A last heat decider could perhaps make a draw but Brummies by 4 or 6 looks odds on.

Do all Brummie supporters have such little faith in their fabulous only once beaten team.

We've had so many beatings in finals it's what we expect tbh

Birmingham's to lose. Their fans don't seem very confident, based on what I read on here. I would say Eagles are the underdogs (just)

Well it seems we are all in a competition to be the most gloomy about our prospects.

I've said before that Eastbourne will be to Birmingham this year what Newcastle were to us in 2010 and I'm sticking to that. Eastbourne to nip into Homebase (other retail outlets are available) to buy the silver polish, and the Brummies to be given their BFH (Bus Fare Home)

We have great faith in the team but no faith in the play offs and the Eastie track. However I say this to the riders. You have proven you are the best team in the league by a country mile. Dont let these sparrows mug us. Ride hard, ride fast and ride clever. How much faith have I got in this team? I said I would never go to the eastie egg again. Dont like the track dont like the racing and dont like the distance. But I have to be there to see this one.

• Like 1

Great effort by eastie, both sides chucked points away

Brums performance typified by ritchings in ht 7

13 is a big big lead

It's ours to lose now.... if we do we deserve to. Great effort from us and both teams for that matter. Not sure what went on in heat 1.

Apparently Danny Ayres booked on Wednesday for Brummies at no 1, with Georgie Wood potentially unavailable. Not over yet by a long way.

Can't see Brum pulling that deficit back unfortunately.

A poor performance from the brummies tonight, especially the middle order. No wood for the eagles on Wednesday leaves the door ever so slightly open.

Apparently Danny Ayres booked on Wednesday for Brummies at no 1, with Georgie Wood potentially unavailable. Not over yet by a long way.

Shanes is better than Ayres ATM IMO so won't make much difference there. Just hope Georgie can make it

Does anyone know if the 8 day guest rule applies in NL. If not it will presumably be Connor Coles again.

Cannot see any other viable option. Surely Georgies problem, presumably work, could be resolved for one night even if it meant a helicopter to Birmingham for him with the team taking his equipment up.

I'm sure we would be happy to have a whip round to cover the cost.

Connor is really set on winning this so you can be sure he is working on something.

From the official Eastbourne website -

"The IT First Eagles started disastrously and conceded a 3-0 in heat win after No 1 Adam Ellis fell while leading by a country mile. His partner Charley Powell was also excluded."

I thought the outcome and decision making regarding this incident a bit odd.

We were watching the tussle between Jack Smith and Charlie Powell and were oblivious to Adam Ellis as he was so far in front.

Coming out of bend 1, Powell ran into the side of Smith, but then we noticed Ellis on the ground by the air fence on bend 2 - only some 40 yards away.

Perhaps the referee and anyone else assisting him were doing the same as us, because:

Why was the race not stopped prior to the Powell / Smith incident? Ellis was disqualified for not being under power at the time of the official stoppage (caused by Powell), but surely he went down first (he was so far in front) and couldn't clear the track, otherwise he wouldn't have been only yards away from the incident.

The red lights should have been on when it was obvious Ellis couldn't get clear from the track, whether that would have prevented the coming together of Powell and Smith is uncertain, however either way, Smith was rightly given 3 points but Powell should have been awarded 2 points. The referee allowed a dangerous situation to develop in my opinion.

Any other views ?

Surely Georgie could get off work early for a final!

it's not work I believe his partner is expecting pretty soon