British Speedway Forum

I would imagine the local derby with Belle Vue at 219.2 miles away rather unappealing.

And not a patch with the income they get from their derbies with Edinburgh.

I can imagine it will be hard for apposing teams to go to Rye House and win. They have gone for experience and riders who know how to win. I am in no doubt they will put up a decent showing in the Premier League. Its difficult to say how good they can do, until we see more team announcements.... but on their signings I can see plenty to get excited about.....

Is there any news & pictures of how the development of the stadium is taking shape? I last visited in the "Tai" days but have tried to visit this last couple of years with the Scorpions, weather curtailing this!

As a neutral and rye regular, it won't be dull watching the likes of Nicholls and harris on home soil. It's just a shame that lakeside aren't in the top flight as well.

• Like 1

I think what you will get from those 5 is commitment, they are known for being racers on the track who seldom give up, (ok maybe not so much Watty in past seasons but none of us knew what was going on behind the scenes!) I doubt there will be many meetings where Rye will need to use guests riders etc, this is a workman like team and I doubt they will get troubled at home but still offer a reasonable amount of fire power on their travels, something my team could never do.

Agreed, it looks a very decent side.

My only concern is that if they get too good, too quickly, certain members of the establishment might see them as a threat, and we know what happens then. ;)

Yes game over.

Smart team from Rye House really If having to have 2 british riders in sides. Taking some of the top British riders will only make other teams weaker in those areas and also won't be asking for the top wages of riders overseas.

Smart team from Rye House really If having to have 2 british riders in sides. Taking some of the top British riders will only make other teams weaker in those areas and also won't be asking for the top wages of riders overseas.

Very true. In fact the remaining unsigned British riders could ask a little more as they are required by all teams.

What started as a good first 3 signings has gone wrong with Kennett and Robbo.

Really? EK a no brainer!
  • Like 2

RYE HOUSE ?

1 Eddie Kennett 9.27

2 Scott Nicholls 9.23

3 Chris Harris 9.21

4 Davey Watt 7.56

5 Stuart Robson 7.09

6 Ben Morley 3.85

7 Tom Perry 3.76

Total 49.97

I think as a club dipping their toe into the top league Rye need to win at home more often than not and their signings so far reflect that. A bit like Lynn did in 2011 in signing Allen & Topinka who perhaps weren't the best signings on paper but were strong at Lynn and contributed to only losing at home a couple of times that year.

So how would you line them up? Id go

1. Kennett

2. Robson

3. Watt

4. Harris

5. Nicholls

Then hopefully

6. Branford

7. JPB

RYE HOUSE ?
1 Eddie Kennett 9.27
2 Scott Nicholls 9.23
3 Chris Harris 9.21
4 Davey Watt 7.56
5 Stuart Robson 7.09
6 Ben Morley 3.85
7 Tom Perry 3.76
Total 49.97

No, we want to score some points at reserve.

• Like 1