British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2017

Subject to approval, Connor Coles and Kelsey Dugard will replace Nathan Greaves and Rik Mullins according to the Island Facebook.

Subject to approval, Connor Coles and Kelsey Dugard will replace Nathan Greaves and Rik Mullins according to the Island Facebook.

As I anticipated a month ago.

Kelsey will be a big plus, with his new engine he is fast and did his fastest time so far beating Boxhall.

Just overdid the pass in his 2nd outing and hit the fence. Would expect him to average at least 6 at IOW.

Look after him, sad to see him go but we just had to have a true No 1 and this was the only possible way.

Edited by Hunters

My only question if it does happen is what will happen about govier as it would push him to reserve so still have to use unnataced 3pointers.

My only question if it does happen is what will happen about govier as it would push him to reserve so still have to use unnataced 3pointers.

They will but they won't have to use RR at 2 which has been the main problem so far. Only Widman and Reserves can take rides. Only losing marginally including Kelsey will take the pressure off Jamie

I'm happy with the signings, especially Kelsey back. Something had to be done and I can't blame the promotion for their efforts.

So the new averages are out on the SCB website and if you leave Govier out of the seven they've got nearly 7 points to find another rider. Could be even more punchy and leave out Sealey and have nearly 10 for two riders. Wonder what they're planning.

Seen IofW 3 times this year at Plymouth and each time they looked poor( Wilson, Cockle Greaves apart). Sealey really struggling at reserve. I know the 2 tracks are so different but if you do have the pts spare I would use them wisely to strengthen up.Plymouths change of Roynon for Smart has made them so much stronger.

Who's available though? And Coles' average is showing from 5 meetings, rather than 4, for some reason.

I think its not solely down to who,s available, but who wants to ride there due to logistics, what is for sure is that the The Warriors need strengthening, i think thats apparent to everyone, after the last 2 meetings Im sure there averages are even lower. If they can strengthen up enough just to win home meetings that would be enough for now.

• Like 1

I think its not solely down to who,s available, but who wants to ride there due to logistics, what is for sure is that the The Warriors need strengthening, i think thats apparent to everyone, after the last 2 meetings Im sure there averages are even lower. If they can strengthen up enough just to win home meetings that would be enough for now.

Yeah that too. You can't blame the promotion for not attempting to strengthen up.

Its so true unfortunately for the island...

Very unfortunate. Would Cook & Hazeldon fit? Id imagine so and whilst not big name signings they would certainly both boost IOW's points tally.

Campos for Dugard just announced.

Harsh on Dugard!

A good move for the club and Kelsey has spoken about quitting over the past week anyway so I'm assuming it's amicable. Plus he's still going to ride in the challenge and individual fixtures at Smallbrook this season.