British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

Dont see y he wont be fit, 4 months is a long time to recovery.

He said that the NHS waiting times means he won't be fit and he can't afford to go private.

He said that the NHS waiting times means he won't be fit and he can't afford to go private.

Danny has had his operation already. A large part of the cost was paid by supporters. Odd really that a rider that is so obviously liked by speedway public finds himself with no team place either in the championship & at the moment in the Nat league.

• Like 1

Sounds like Kings and Eagles are going to meet up regular!

In the same group in the NT.

And drawn together in the NLKOC.

As well as NL fixtures.

Kent first fixture is on Good Friday.

Please do NOT have a Challenge against the EAGLES? :o

As well as NL fixtures.

Given the "potential" lineups being mooted Kent would want to face Eastbourne every week as there is a strong chance of turning them over both home & away this season........unless the reserve picks are poor.......which they often are

As well as NL fixtures.

hopefully they're all going to be a challenge for you :rofl:

Given the "potential" lineups being mooted Kent would want to face Eastbourne every week as there is a strong chance of turning them over both home & away this season........unless the reserve picks are poor.......which they often are

not impressed with the eagles so far then ?

hopefully they're all going to be a challenge for you :rofl:

not impressed with the eagles so far then ?

Actually i am. All good at most tracks and all can go well at Kent however "if" the Kent team includes Bowen, Thomas, Hopwood & Shanes then the matches at Arlington could make for some unpleasant viewing as an Eagles supporter.

(FYI i didnt rate the 2015 Brum side and they still won the league so what do i know :D )

• Like 2

Actually i am. All good at most tracks and all can go well at Kent however "if" the Kent team includes Bowen, Thomas, Hopwood & Shanes then the matches at Arlington could make for some unpleasant viewing as an Eagles supporter.

(FYI i didnt rate the 2015 Brum side and they still won the league so what do i know :D )

Are you confident Shanes will return ?

Hopwood a steal on his average, but can see him going elsewhere.

If Danny Ayers did not request a transfer..Then Kent must be mad to retain a has been premier reserve rider like Bowen with a very high national average admittedly,,,instead,,Ayers is an improving rider and has great pulling power at the turn styles and will be missed..However if that is not the case and he wanted to go,then it will be even more important to retain their other entertaining rider James Shanes..The Bowen family connection with Len Silver,goes back years and is very strong and is probably a main factor.... i

• Like 1

Are you confident Shanes will return ?

Hopwood a steal on his average, but can see him going elsewhere.

I just can't see Shanes riding anywhere else. Monday night racing fits nicely with his longtrack adventures and he is sponsored by Silver Ski.

Hopwood is the bargain rider this winter. I did initially think he would be at Cradley/Brum but rumours are gathering pace about his inclusion at Central Park.

If Danny Ayers did not request a transfer..Then Kent must be mad to retain a has been premier reserve rider like Bowen with a very high national average admittedly,,,instead,,Ayers is an improving rider and has great pulling power at the turn styles and will be missed..However if that is not the case and he wanted to go,then it will be even more important to retain their other entertaining rider James Shanes..The Bowen family connection with Len Silver,goes back years and is very strong and is probably a main factor.... i

I love Danny as both a rider & person but always suspected he would be on the move over the winter as Len would never get rid of Shanes and Bowen is a consistent strong performer. Add in that Danny would most likely miss several meetings doubling up and its actually a sensible move. Im sure Uncle Len will make some strange choices at reserve to level things out though.

• Like 1

I just can't see Shanes riding anywhere else. Monday night racing fits nicely with his longtrack adventures and he is sponsored by Silver Ski.

Hopwood is the bargain rider this winter. I did initially think he would be at Cradley/Brum but rumours are gathering pace about his inclusion at Central Park.

I love Danny as both a rider & person but always suspected he would be on the move over the winter as Len would never get rid of Shanes and Bowen is a consistent strong performer. Add in that Danny would most likely miss several meetings doubling up and its actually a sensible move. Im sure Uncle Len will make some strange choices at reserve to level things out though.

But Shanes has a position in a higher league whereas Ayres doesn't yet.

• Like 1

Can say categorically that Dan did not want to leave kent.

I think Shanes will miss far more then Danny would have as riding for Poole and sky's love of them, I suspect he will miss many Monday nights when you consider Wolves and Aces are Monday clubs too. Then the fact he has qualified for the Longtrack GP series means many weekends on the continent too.

Ive seen that Mr Verge posted on his facebook that he is not part of Kents plans for this season.

Sounds like Shanes will not be back at Kent.

A real blow to Kings supporters that the big entertainers Danny and James will not return.