British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kraftwerk

Krsko 2017 - Round 1

I would be surprised if he quit mid series. Have you ever seen him quit before ? He got filled in after making a pretty decent start in Heat 1 and showed some fight later. I would forgive anyone a bad meeting on that track..

EDIT - Pedersen 3 rides in Poland so far 2 -2*-3 looks quick

I don't think the gates were kind to Nicki last night and whatever he was riding looked a lot slower than the bikes he's on in Poland today.

Can't see him quitting the GP's mid-season. Last night wasn't an absolute disater for him, he's only 5 points behind Woffinden! ;)

It's early days. The competitors with staying power are those that win through in the end.

You know, I might book that trip to Oz and watch the decider!

With the strength of this years field, the bottom 4(minus the wild card) could be in the final next time.

Lindbaek Pedersen Janowski Holder,

Oh yes all 4 of them have won a grand prix

Roll on a great season

Only tuned in in time heat 12 and was a terrible meeting.You want to start off the GP season with a bang and that certainly had nothing in common with a great start last night.Looked a poor crowd who often seemed like they had turned up just to see a firework display and the bike riding was just delaying that.Great line up,but deserve much much better than that track and crowd.

• Like 1

The fault lies with those responsible for track preparation, ultimately Phil Morris, during the day but they made a complete cock-up.

I'm sure lessons will be learned...

• Like 1

Lindgren was awesome, attacking it. The really poor ones were Lindback who looked rubbish and Nicki who was riding a lawnmower. Got a good second with faster guys behind him but neither could blame the track. Zagar also looked good. So much fir the poles taking over. Start and go full throttle all the way around makes it a bike test only. Still, we enjoyed it, cheap drinks but the food was shocking. Burgers in pitta bread was all that was on offer.

It was a rubbish GP but Krsko normally is dull.

It was a rubbish GP but Krsko normally is dull.

Do you know, I didn't know that. Tell me in advance next time! :P

change your name to Mystic Meg. :neutral:

Was it dull last year, I cannot remember.

It was not what a flag ship event should be like and as many have said this needs to start with a bit more oomph rather than the damp squib it turned out to be. Taking GP,s to third rate tracks in places like this is probably not the image that prime sponsors would want to be associated with and they are who you need for this to be taken seriously. Based on this meeting you might just as well hold the opener on the Isle of Wight, at least a decent track, guaranteed good support and imagine what it would do for the local tourist economy early doors. That aside, the mix of riders will I am sure throw up some interesting results as the season progresses. I do think that GP's need to go to another level but the current backers do no seem to be able to provide consistently good entertainment which can hold the interest of the regular supporter as well as the one off attendee. Perhaps the GP circus has had its day in the current form and maybe less meetings but those that are held are at quality venues and fans can get discounted tickets if they subscribe to all the meetings. Still let's see what sort of show the next GP offers.

I seem to recall Warsaw has sometimes been garbage as well.

Edited by A ORLOV

I seem to recall Warsaw has sometimes been garbage as well.

they have only had 2 - 1st one abandoned because of the starting gate trouble( I will never accept that it was the track that caused the calling off !!!) and last year which was superb.

Maybe Orlov means Wroclaw? Or Walsall?Can't recall a single good meeting in Walsall myself