British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midget

Your Team An What You Expect In 2017....

At Berwick I expect to have a great night's entertainment every Saturday for their fiftieth season of speedway seeing racing and having fun chatting with my pals while watching close racing.

• Like 4

I expect there to still be no Newport speedway sadly !, well you did ask what I was expecting from MY team

• Like 1

At Berwick I expect to have a great night's entertainment every Saturday for their fiftieth season of speedway seeing racing and having fun chatting with my pals while watching close racing.

I have been dreaming of that for about 8 years now, perhaps this is the year it will change. HOPE SO

You missed having a pint or 2 after in the B&G

Holder 7.30

Lambert 5.00

Hansen 7.90

Starke 7.00

Ostergaard 7.45

BWD 5.50

Bacon 3.30

Edited by Flappy

Holder 7.30

Lambert 5.00

Hansen 7.90

Starke 7.00

Ostergaard 7.45

BWD 5.50

Bacon 3.30

Seems to me you have a very pessimistic view of Panthers 2017 team , with those averages you're suggesting we wont be far off the wooden spoon .I hope you are going to eat you're words come the end of the season. I'm sure most fans would think they will do a lot better than that.

Holder 7.30

Lambert 5.00

Hansen 7.90

Starke 7.00

Ostergaard 7.45

BWD 5.50

Bacon 3.30

After seeing hansen at Workington for the past few seasons I can't see him hitting 7.90, great at home.but unfortunately it's like having a 3 pointer on the road.

he was like the danish matej kus . dont know whats coming from him . but when he is on, he is on . would like to see a good season from him .

From a Scorpions prespective:

Ryan Douglas - starting as our number 1, shown all the potential in the past 4 years hes been with us and this year could be his year, I can see him pushing towards an 8 - 8.5 average

Fritz Wallner - shown potential at the end of last season, hopefully not another Zdenek Holub.... Definenetly an entertainer though. I'd say if he can achieve a 4.5 average, it would have been a successful season for the lad.

Lewis Kerr - On a bargain average! I can easily see him being a 6-8 pointer towards the end of the season. Great to see him enjoying his racing again. Potential number 1

Michael 'Palm Tree' Toft - Again, much like Lewis, could be a number 1 on a 8 point average.

Josh Auty - 'Mr Entertainer' didn't have a great 2016, expecting him to stay at heat leader.

Carlos Wilkinson - 'Mr Dependable' should be aiming to be in the top 5 come the end of the season

Josh Bailey - Last season ended on the injured list. Shown a lot of potential during the season to persuade Rob to keep him, and a great guy, Im sure he can come on leaps and bounds this season.

All in all, all I would like to see is an entertaining season, hopefully we wont lose too many at home. Potential dark horses for the play offs

Edited by ScunnyDan
  • Like 1

if it all goes to plan and everyone increases their average as to your expectations due to it being a so called watered down league.. scunny will be on a team total of around 47.13 congrats , you've won it .! :party:

• Like 1

i expect my team to ride to entertain the paying fans and try to win heats and in turn meetings

i dont expect them to all get paid max at home every week and for the reserves to score 10 points away from home

i expect there to be good meetings and also expect the odd disapointment on the road

Hoping that we get some dryFridays this year.

Expect Sam to nudge over 9 and dominate 13 and 15 at home .

Hope Eric and Ricky push on and add half a point between

them. Ricky should enjoy his real home track at last.

Hoping Mark will be secret weapon at reserve and Mitch gets a healthy run and a few points each meeting.

We will live or struggle with Max and our new Aussie. Both should be fine at home Max in particular but the big pacy away tracks find him out.

For Josh enjoy it try hard and learn from your peers and your own errors....You will be loved by the Monarchs faithful if you do. Hope you enjoy it.

We should be tough to beat at the dale so need a few points on the road,and our record of making playoffs is stellar. We could just manage it again.

Sam and Ricky should keep up our record at the pairs....And I see we have Sheffield in the cup again...2 big home wins maybe,who gets nearest to 60 ?

Edited by Fenway Bleachers
  • Like 1

hello my friends , cough .

here is my teams wish list for 2017 .

take a deep breath and read slowly .

cook to be top banana in this so called watered down league . got to be pushinf 11.00 +

adam to put at least a full 2 points on his 2017 season .

ty crockter to jump up to the dizzy heights of at least 7.50 .

mason to hammer his starting average and really push onto at least 5.25

t.j . to jump up a fair bit to challenge craig for the number 1 bib . ( 9.00 + )

matt to break away from the reserve berth and make it a season to remember good for 5.500 . easy .

shutty to make his mark on the championship and pull in a 3.500 average .

there . its easy when you fantasize lol.

now the real finishing table as worked out by the quirky worky average converter .

1 sheffield .

2 newcastle .

3 berwick .

4 peterborough .

5 redcar .

6 glasgow .

7 ipswich .

8 scunthorpe .

9 workington .

10 edinburgh .

so thats it . the good sign is that all the teams finish on the same number of points but the points scored in meetings puts them in these positions as in points difference .. roll on 2018 . yep 2018 !

Seems to me you have a very pessimistic view of Panthers 2017 team , with those averages you're suggesting we wont be far off the wooden spoon .I hope you are going to eat you're words come the end of the season. I'm sure most fans would think they will do a lot better than that.

Spot on. Hope I'm wrong, however I'd be shocked if we finish the season with more than 3 of this lot

cook to be top banana in this so called watered down league . got to be pushinf 11.00 +

t.j . to jump up a fair bit to challenge craig for the number 1 bib . ( 9.00 + )

matt to break away from the reserve berth and make it a season to remember good for 5.500 . easy .

now the real finishing table as worked out by the quirky worky average converter .

1 sheffield .

2 newcastle .

3 berwick .

4 peterborough .

5 redcar .

6 glasgow .

7 ipswich .

8 scunthorpe .

9 workington .

10 edinburgh .

so thats it . the good sign is that all the teams finish on the same number of points but the points scored in meetings puts them in these positions as in points difference .. roll on 2018 . yep 2018 !

nearly had me fooled j - was close to taking the bait hook line and sinker.

Just one oart tripped you up - you took it too far claiming Campton would get above 5 😜

Spot on. Hope I'm wrong, however I'd be shocked if we finish the season with more than 3 of this lot

stadium upgrade during the winter - revolving door installed on the changing rooms.... 😆😛

1 sheffield .

2 newcastle .

3 berwick .

4 peterborough .

5 redcar .

6 glasgow .

7 ipswich .

8 scunthorpe .

9 workington .

10 edinburgh .

Jenga - you've got Ippo and the Weegies the wrong way round.