British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Where? When? Is This Years Ben Fund Meeting (2017) Being Held?

Five more names wanted to complete the field.

No-one listed from Edinburgh, so have to expect a couple from Monarchs, you'd think.

Three big names to come, then?

Just a question

"quote

just shows , even armed with all the information about riders and teams . the clampets at the bspa cannot get a simple thing correct .."

why has the BSPA been mentioned here? :nono: Is it not run by P Ackroyd so must be a typing error somewhere? :oops:

I'm looking forward to a couple of the bigger events being at Glasgow this season, although i will miss the Sheffield jaunt for the renamed PLRC this year. But, no petrol or hotel costs for me this year. Just a return ticket on the train required. Here's hoping i make the last train home, haha! :D:cheers:

you can stay at mine if you miss the train

Five more names wanted to complete the field.

No-one listed from Edinburgh, so have to expect a couple from Monarchs, you'd think.

Three big names to come, then?

Bert Harkins!

Just a question

"quote

just shows , even armed with all the information about riders and teams . the clampets at the bspa cannot get a simple thing correct .."

why has the BSPA been mentioned here? :nono: Is it not run by P Ackroyd so must be a typing error somewhere? :oops:

As I said above in response to the same post, it was my mistake getting the team wrong when posting the line-up so far but everyone just wants to have a go at the BSPA

As I said above in response to the same post, it was my mistake getting the team wrong when posting the line-up so far but everyone just wants to have a go at the BSPA

so its Paul ackroyd that organised the fixture list . my apologizes to the B.S.P.A. even the offshoots of the said body get it wrong as well . we live in hope . but i live in whitehaven !

Wouldn't be too sure about that one , the Newport contingent have texted me and their flights and hotel are booked . So the beer will be flowing before , during and after :drink:

Ah, good stuff. I spoke to Basil on Facebook after i posted about the Ben Fund the day it was announced, and he replied that he was thinking of coming up for it.

As it's tapes up at 2pm, will we just meet up at the track instead of the Horseshoe? I was gutted to miss the recent bevvy there too with you guys. The first time i've had two weeks off work over the festivities since i left school in 1989, and that bug floored me for over two weeks. I'll make up for it at the Ben Fund though, haha! :cheers:

No disrespect to those already named intended but so far it looks more like a line up for eg an Ashfield Classic rather than a benefit fund meeting. Seems to be a dearth of names from the upper echelons of premiership clubs

No disrespect to those already named intended but so far it looks more like a line up for eg an Ashfield Classic rather than a benefit fund meeting. Seems to be a dearth of names from the upper echelons of premiership clubs

They're obviously not interested . This type of field has been the norm for the Benfund meeting for a few seasons now . Hans Andersen won at Scunthorpe in 2011 , he's the last top notch performer to do so .

They're obviously not interested . This type of field has been the norm for the Benfund meeting for a few seasons now . Hans Andersen won at Scunthorpe in 2011 , he's the last top notch performer to do so .

But they will turn up for Darcy Ward

• Like 1

But they will turn up for Darcy Ward

I don't disagree . No harm to Darcy , his young life has been turned upside down , but there has been a non stop outpouring of desire for raising money for him .

That's fine as people are entitled to do that , but other injured speedway riders are just as deserving as Darcy , which makes the Benfund meeting , regardless of where it's held , one of the most important events of the season .

Let's hope for a pleasant , dry day on the 12th of March and supporters from far and wide turn up to support it and make it a big success .

• Like 3

I don't disagree . No harm to Darcy , his young life has been turned upside down , but there has been a non stop outpouring of desire for raising money for him .

That's fine as people are entitled to do that , but other injured speedway riders are just as deserving as Darcy , which makes the Benfund meeting , regardless of where it's held , one of the most important events of the season .

Let's hope for a pleasant , dry day on the 12th of March and supporters from far and wide turn up to support it and make it a big success .

Yes a Devastating accident for Darcy but he was a very wealthy young man unlike those the Ben Fund are helping and it's a disgrace the top riders turn out for him and snub the Ben Fund.

I hope it's a lovely day up there and the media spread the word of importance of the meeting so fans will turn out and support it.

• Like 3

Yes a Devastating accident for Darcy but he was a very wealthy young man unlike those the Ben Fund are helping and it's a disgrace the top riders turn out for him and snub the Ben Fund.

I hope it's a lovely day up there and the media spread the word of importance of the meeting so fans will turn out and support it.

Yep totally agree, I for sure will be making the trip from Bristol, NEVER missed the Ben Fund from when it first started

• Like 2

The BSPA should Not allow the meeting below to take place in Britain , Top world class riders who won't do the Ben Fund but will do the Darcy Ward event, it's so wrong, British Speedway riders badly injured and top riders not interested.

Friday, March 24, 2017 : DARCY WARD INVITATIONAL SPEEDWAY MEETING

Poole Speedway, Poole, England.

An all star benefit speedway spectacular including some of the top names and World class riders from around the globe will descend on Poole Stadium for this special night in aid of the Darcy Ward Foundation.

Watch out for news of riders taking part and special events associated with this important fundraisng initiative which is set to be the opening event at Poole in 2017.