British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MMX Events

The Darcy Ward Invitational 2017 - Poole

Go and ask Matt to give you back the money you donated to Darcy then.

We did he wouldn't show his face and sent out giles. who told security to get the fools out of here.

It was a rip off steve and there were loads of fans who agreed with me. A very poor advert for poole and speedway as a whole. No wonder the fans are staying away in their droves.

• Like 4

Go and ask Matt to give you back the money you donated to Darcy then.

I may be wrong, but I thought Poole want to hold this meeting every season, the way the fans have been treated tonight how many of the fans tonight will remember this and not turn out again to support Darcy! Surely common sense says give something back to the fans who have not got what they pay for as it was not fit for purpose.

People are turning their backs on speedway and if you are going to treat the paying public like this what else do you expect?

Edited by Debbi
  • Like 6

What a funking (yes, spelt so as the moderator does not change) mess British Speedway has become - is there a a pact with UK promoters and their Polish counterparts to end the "sport" in the UK. There is only so much time and effort that Johnny British will put up with what is being presented. So much disrespect from the fans who keep these promoters living their lifestyles - even more so a massive disrespect to Darcy - his name will now be remembered more for the farce of tonight. Sleep well Mr Matt Ford although guess you will - as will the Horton "twats" - sorry meant "twins" for their contribution to 2017.

Edited by markyb
  • Like 1

We did he wouldn't show his face and sent out giles. who told security to get the fools out of here.

It was a rip off steve and there were loads of fans who agreed with me. A very poor advert for poole and speedway as a whole. No wonder the fans are staying away in their droves.

Staying away? Thought the place was pretty full myself.

As for asking for a refund, well I honestly can't believe anyone would seriouly dream of doing such a thing. It was hardly a league meeting. It was a fund raiser for Darcy.

To ask for a refund is quite frankly completely and utterly wrong in my opinion.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I understand that the track,if wet gets better as the heats go by.Was there rain in the meeting

As for asking for a refund, well I honestly can't believe anyone would seriouly dream of doing such a thing. It was hardly a league meeting. It was a fund raiser for Darcy.

To ask for a refund is quite frankly completely and utterly wrong in my opinion.

Why? Darcy is minted. People paid to see a meeting they didnt so deserve there money back

Great to see Darcy admit the track at Poole has always been c**p confirming what everyone else knows.

Edited by phillipsr
  • Like 1

Can we just cut and paste the 2016 Craven thread into this but remove any mention of refunds?

Chapman must be livid.

• Like 1

Surely fans should have been offered a partial refund. Those that wanted to treat their admission fee as purely a donation to darcy would not take up the offer. Those who viewed it as a speedway meeting they were paying to see could have had their money back (in part). Everyone happy and fans willing to attend next year even if the weather looked dicey.

• Like 2

The place was full due to being a line up of rarely seen riders AND it being the first meeting. If you think that justifies handing over £30 for two people to watch 6 races and for Darcy to grab the lot is disgusting (yes my opinion) . It being called off DOES NOT JUSTIFY us paying fans not being entitled to reduced admission next week. If not, I or my son will not be attending next Wednesday and my further attendances will be reduced the rest of the season. I am not a fool and being spoken to the way that utter b1tch of a H&S woman spoke to me I could stick my fingers up to it all! I am on a disability Steve I don't earn thousands as you likely do. I don't care if you disagree with me. Right now I hate speedway and the ar2es that run it. Edited by Sniffy
  • Like 6

This could so easily have been avoided by making it a free entry but everyone was making a £20 donation to the Darcy Foundation. This seems so much like BV last year except BV did give refunds despite the huge lossess, in like manner Ford should do the same and take the hit himself, it must be petty cash for him. Interesting that Noddy and Darcy seem to have agreed about the state of the track.

• Like 1

The track was waterlogged and water came to the surface during the meeting making it impossible to finish the meeting. Disappointing? Sure. What could have been done about it? Not a lot.

Having watched your film it doesn't look waterlogged. In fact I can't see any sign of water as it looked quite dry and slick, but obviously I wasn't there so just going by what I could see. Perhaps if you had shown a few puddles I might have been more convinced. :wink:

• Like 2

Shocking, just shocking.

3 newbies with us tonight, all under 25 and local to the Poole area - they won't be back and won't be recommending the sport to any one they know in a hurry.

No re-admission tickets issued on entry, we left before it was called off it was such a shambles so no idea what was said about re-funds or re-running the meeting in the future. I know the meeting was all for Wards benefit, but he said himself he wanted to put on a show. It was anything but, unless you really, really enjoy watching track grading - must have been close on 90 minutes of track grading in the 2 hours we were in the stadium.

Was a big crowd, but I agree about people not going in the future - as Holder stated over the PA whilst they were talking to Ward no the phone, it was f*cking sh*t.

If anyone adked for a refund I for one would hold them in contempt. Its a fund raiser. I can't believe anyone would actually ask for a refund.

No body was upset when it was called off. We could see the track had been done in by the heavy rain we have experienced down here. Disappointing but that's speedway for you.

You do talk some bollox.

• Like 9

Why? Darcy is minted. People paid to see a meeting they didnt so deserve there money back

Great to see Darcy admit the track at Poole has always been c**p confirming what everyone else knows.

Darcy may well be minted but I’m sure he would rather be able to walk and have the use of his hands, don’t forget that the money raised is being shared between Comic Relief and the Darcy Ward Foundation, a foundation set up to help Darcy and other people with similar injuries.

I have just got home after 300 mile round trip to Poole from Mid Wales, yes, I am disappointed not have seen more racing but when all the riders say the track is unfit we have to accept their opinion

Don't see why the Poole promotion can't offer a 50% reduction on the entry to the next couple of meetings , for those who where there last night .

• Like 3