British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves V Somerset 8th May

Well, with the Wolves having won at Somerset on Friday you would expect a comfortable home win.However at the back of the mind is the win at Belle Vue by the rebels.On the Wolves website Peter Adams is quoted as saying "One thing is for sure, we won't be underestimating Somerset'. Having said all that the Wolves top 5 are riding very well, and Freddie is unbeaten in the last 3 home matches. So, something like 51-39.

This is the first time in the top flight that this fixture has taken place, so welcome to any Rebels fans, you'll find it very different to the OTA ! (but different in a good way)

• Like 1

The difference at Belle Vue was the absence of Bjerre, an off night for our reserves and most importantly, a superb performance from Tungate.

It looks as if that might have been a one off for Tungate and looking at the other factors I can only see a comfortable win for Wolves.

Edited by Aces51

12 point home win.

I would go with that.At least 12.

• Like 1

Tbh I cant recall any of the Somerset riders at Monmore. That maybe more down to my bad memory than their performances. Sure they wil put up a fight. Hope Greaves form continues and we see some good racing.

Tbh I cant recall any of the Somerset riders at Monmore. That maybe more down to my bad memory than their performances. Sure they wil put up a fight. Hope Greaves form continues and we see some good racing.

All of their top 5 have had good moments at Monmore.

Allen as far as I know hasn't ridden it before.

Graversen I think has without doing much.

Looking like a Wolves win as they have been very impressive at home the 4 meetings ive watched this season.

feel sorry for the team I use to follow, but im sure Gary will get them going, and they will turn it around

Hope some of my good friends from Somerset are travelling up as it will be good to have a catch up.

Take a photo of our team tonight Wolves, it might be the last time they ride as a team !!! Changes must be on the cards. Either way, have a safe meeting Wolves and Rebels, whatever the result !!! :t:

• Like 1

52-38 Is my guess ..

somerset reserves will need to get 10-14 between them to keep this respectful..

Wolves are powerful at home with the greatest of respect freddie,jacob and masters could easily not get beat by a opposition rider

Wolves went bookies title favourites today and Somerset rank outsiders, I hope this doesn't trigger a downturn in form. I have to fancy us 55-35 and hope Somerset don't repeat their Bellevue score. Been to Somerset twice this year Pairs and (a) fixture great track 2 good meetings and will probably go to the B fixture I read somewhere that Freddie will again be missing can anyone confirm this as I can't recall where I read this please.

Edited by rjsj9803

Wolves went bookies title favourites today and Somerset rank outsiders, I hope this doesn't trigger a downturn in form. I have to fancy us 55-35 and hope Somerset don't repeat their Bellevue score. Been to Somerset twice this year Pairs and (a) fixture great track 2 good meetings and will probably go to the B fixture I read somewhere that Freddie will again be missing can anyone confirm this as I can't recall where I read this please.

Hope we have a settled team for your next visit !!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

poor use of the t/r

cock up sending allen out when hes not permitted

then sending hougarrd out vs freddie at monmore not really the wisest move...

not that it would of made much difference

cock up sending allen out when hes not permitted

So which heat did he ride in that he wasn't permitted to?

Have checked the results and can't see any problem with his rides

Edited by womble53