British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon Sprockets - Plymouth Devils 11.5.17

Fair point I hadn't seen the new averages.

That's because there are no new averages yet.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

Still looking for a texter for this meeting...is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

I agree. Anyone bothered to look at the greensheets for next week?

Swindon hand picked sprockets 55

Plymouth Devils 35

If you hand pick your team with the best riders available and expect a fair contest then you will be disappointed. It makes a mockery of this competition.

Don't know where you've got that nonsense from.

The hand picked sprockets team is actually illegal as they are 39.10 which is over the 39 point limit. But it's nowhere near 55!

(they would have been 38.34 at the start of the season).

Plymouth are 38.67

So although the Swindon team is illegal, the averages are quite close. However I don't expect the match to be close.

Don't think the team is illegal. As you point out they were under 39 when originally declared - and that is all that matters.

The 55 figure is however a better reflection of the team's real strength, not surprising given they had the pick from all the NL riders whose teams are not involved in the competition. (It was the same with Leicester when they entered the Trophy three (?) years ago.)

Don't think the team is illegal. As you point out they were under 39 when originally declared - and that is all that matters.

The team is illegal whichever way you look at it.

If you add the current averages of the 7 riding tonight they come to 39.10 which exceeds the points limit.

If you take the 7 declared at the start of the season they would have been ok...

Wajtknecht 8.59

Ritchings 7.04

Greenwood 6.82

Mason 6.54

Wallinger 3.32

Cupitt 3.00

Hampshire 3.00

= 38.51

However they are now using Ayres (9.00) as a guest for Wajtknecht (8.59) tonight - which is illegal, and Shuttleworth (6.60) for Mason (6.54) which is also illegal.

If you add the current averages of the 7 riding tonight they come to 39.10 which exceeds the points limit.

If you take the 7 declared at the start of the season they would have been ok...

Wajtknecht 8.59

Ritchings 7.04

Greenwood 6.82

Mason 6.54

Wallinger 3.32

Cupitt 3.00

Hampshire 3.00

= 38.51

However they are now using Ayres (9.00) as a guest for Wajtknecht (8.59) tonight - which is illegal, and Shuttleworth (6.60) for Mason (6.54) which is also illegal.

Ah ha! I hadn't considered the guest replacements. My guess is that someone at Swindon assumed a 5% uplift for home guests, but doesn't understand that 18.12.1 does not apply to the NL (or NT)

Edited by arnieg

Wajtknecht 8.59

Ritchings 7.04

Greenwood 6.82

Mason 6.54

Wallinger 3.32

Cupitt 3.00

Hampshire 3.00

= 38.51

It's an interesting one. So the team would be fine if declared at the start of the season in the NL or trophy, but is illegal due to riders increasing their averages through the season?

So the alternative is that other NL Trophy teams can have riders improving throughout to a league average (usually higher than 39) but Swindon should be capped at a starting average each time they race?

It's an interesting one. So the team would be fine if declared at the start of the season in the NL or trophy, but is illegal due to riders increasing their averages through the season?

The team declared at the start of the season is fine, and would still be fine if they increased their averages to go over 39.

However the guests used to replace them have to be lower than the average of the riders being replaced and clearly Ayres isn't lower than Wajtknecht and Shuttleworth isn't lower than Mason.

If you redeclare the team the newcomers have to be lower than the ones being replaced or comply with the 39 point limit. So the team named isn't a legal redeclaration either as it's 39.1 and the new riders are higher

Meeting off due to rain

That was called off quickly has been dry for at least an hour, after that downpour between 3.30-4.30.

That was called off quickly has been dry for at least an hour, after that downpour between 3.30-4.30.

Certainly was, we have just travelled to Swindon and had to turn around to come straight back to Bristol in sunshine and dry all the way down the M4, Wish someone would consider the travelling fans. If it wasn't for Orlov's post on the BSF, I wouldn't have seen the rained off information on my phone. Nothing on the website !!! Other half fuming !!!!!

Certainly was, we have just travelled to Swindon and had to turn around to come straight back to Bristol in sunshine and dry all the way down the M4, Wish someone would consider the travelling fans. If it wasn't for Orlov's post on the BSF, I wouldn't have seen the rained off information on my phone. Nothing on the website !!! Other half fuming !!!!!

I received a tweet from @SwindonSpeedway just as I was about to leave but it did take quite a while to appear on Swindon website.

Rosco just tweeted right call pouring down with rain.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

I received a tweet from @SwindonSpeedway just as I was about to leave but it did take quite a while to appear on Swindon website.

Rosco just tweeted right call pouring down with rain.

Many thanks, you saved us having to go all the way to the stadium, we turned around as soon as we left the M4, gutted !!!!