British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Scunthorpe Championship 11-5-17@7-30pm

It's fair to say Scunthorpe haven't had a lot of luck this year, was Nielsens crash just a racing accident or was the track a bit iffy again.

It's fair to say Scunthorpe haven't had a lot of luck this year, was Nielsens crash just a racing accident or was the track a bit iffy again.

*sigh* the only team freaked by the track is your team!!! Nothing wrong with the track, scunny just had bad luck last night.
  • Like 1

Stefan locked up the bike on outside of bend in first corner and sedgmen had nowhere to gi

*sigh* the only team freaked by the track is your team!!! Nothing wrong with the track, scunny just had bad luck last night.

Yeah right, read the Scunthorpe match report funnily enough they don't seem to agree with you.

My thoughts on the new track layout is that there’s no doubt it was causing a few issues last night for the Scunny lads – it was ‘tricky’ for them to say the least. But then again it was like having to re-learn a new track again. I can see that the wider track does allow more of a chance for racing – this was evident in the enthralling Auty/Newman duel. I think once everyone’s been there a couple of times and adjusted to it and also the new materials have had time to bed in a little more, it will be fine.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Think it's because Ipswich track actually has grip on it... Whereby a lot of tracks nowadays are slick motorway type surfaces

• Like 1

I find it strange when it's a dodgy track, but only for one team🤔 usually the losing team as well

Edited by baldyman

To be fair last nights meeting was only ever going to be one way traffic once Douglas was ruled out and it was a pretty dull affair.

As far as the track is concerned I think it's potentially the best racing surface we've had for years but does take some getting used to.

Poor Connor Mountain is struggling badly on it but I think alot of his problems are now in his head.

Shame really as the lad has so much potential, he needs to be beating the opposition reserves to get some confidence.

Back to the meeting, it was a comprehensive victory and 3pts in the bag but that was only to be expected under the circumstances, I'm sure when they come back in the second fixture they'll know what to expect.

Incidentally, what on earth was the referee up to in Heat 10? The decision to exclude Lewis Kerr was completely bizarre to say the least. If he judged Lewis at fault, why didn't he simply let the race continue. After being bumped by Danny King, Lewis was at the back in any case...

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Oh, shoot!!! That went a little wrong. Ryan's OK, but best wishes to Stefan, who does have a broken collarbone.

Good to meet the members of the Massif again, and I hope you enjoyed the Lincolnshire Wine Gums.

As for Auty, how did he do anything than repeat the dive-bomb move than Newman had already performed on him some two laps earlier? Both looked very similiar to me. Best race of the evening.

All the best

Rob

Nice to meet you Rob and the Lincolnshire Wine Gums were very nice , thou i think Baldyman was hoping you brought some Lincolnshire Sausages with you .

Nice to meet you Rob and the Lincolnshire Wine Gums were very nice , thou i think Baldyman was hoping you brought some Lincolnshire Sausages with you .

Likewise.

Maybe I'll have some Lincolnshire Sausages for the B match. ;)

Meanwhile, I might have to find my own cowbell and a drumkit. I wasn't very talkative when Presenter came around (I was in something of a depression by that point despite the sparking company!!), plus didn't have anything that makes a noise!

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

I thought that the track looked smooth if you pick the right lines. It seems like the riders only had issues when they didn't attack the track and let the bikes run. With the new shape and material you don't seem to have to turn the bike so sharp which last night caused the majority of the falls.

Does highlight the potential problems of using r/r for your number 5 rider and not naming a number 8, I realise it costs, but even asking the home team to borrow a junior would allow riders to be tracked in races!