British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Final (belle Vue) 19th June 2017

Tickets are now on sale over on bellevueaces.co

My tickets are purchased now. Can't wait. Just need robert lambert to be sneaked in. He needs to be in British final whatever you think

• Like 3

My tickets are purchased now. Can't wait. Just need robert lambert to be sneaked in. He needs to be in British final whatever you think

Agree

• Like 2

To get me to pay £28 for me and my 14 year old lad, (£33 in the cheapest seats😲), to watch so many 'second division' level riders, when it's also live on BT, I suggest you are right Phil.... Edited by mikebv

To get me to pay £28 for me and my 14 year old lad to watch so many 'second division' level riders, when it's also live on BT, I suggest you are right Phil....

With our top rider not interested and Harris and Nicholls knocking on a bit , second division level riders is all we have just now

With our top rider not interested and Harris and Nicholls knocking on a bit , second division level riders is all we have just now

Agreed...

Not going to anyway near fill the joint with the pricing structure I fear....

First time for British Speedway on BT too...

Edited by mikebv

Bspa set the prices I think. Not belle vue

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Bspa set the prices I think. Not belle vue

Think your right for the shared events..

Noticed the £1 booking fee is back if using online too, something the Aces promotion did away with after feedback from the fans....

Each rider should have at least a coach load of fans there, and with doubling up he should get two coaches worth! One of the bonuses of this out of control system...!

For me, they should sell lower priced tickets around the country to try and attract a crowd. Fans buy and pick tickets up from their own circuit not online to ensure integrity of the offer..

If £20 is the price set, then say 15% off if your track is over forty miles away, 30% if over eighty miles away and 60% off if over one hundred and sixty miles away...

The saving would help pay fuel for a car load of fans and also may mean a club could generate enough interest to put a coach on.

It would look great on TV with flags and banners showing over 30 different clubs' names and colours from all over the country. And 30 coaches is well over 1500 fans alone.

(And it might also let someone randomly watching know, who is local to their track, that they actually exist)...

As it stands it is expecting a lot to get a big crowd on a Monday night when it's live on TV.

Especially when you are charging well over 10% more to 'the locals' than they usually pay to watch better riders in domestic League speedway. ie Doyle, Lindgren, Holder.

Hope I am wrong but can see a more than half empty stadium with which to 'showcase' the Sport to BT and the watching nation...

Maybe though there is an excellent local and national marketing campaign sorted which will bring a huge crowd in?

If so, I suggest they start by changing the Aces website info which proudly states...

"Prices START at just £25 for Adults, £20 for concessions, £10 for children aged 12 - 15 and £8 for children under 11"..

As, obviously, this info is completely wrong....😕

Must be 'Marketing Speedway Style' ie. Advertise your most expensive prices as your 'entry point price' to persuade people to attend!😂....

Edit. Out of curiosity. What would an 11 year old pay as it doesnt say? Maybe £9? ie Split the difference between what a twelve year old and someone under eleven would pay?.😁

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Now sky are not involved I would like the meeting to go to a Saturday next year and have the chance of a really good crowd.

• Like 5

I did say I wouldn't be returning to Bellvue but I am making an exception for this one.

Truly looking forward to it. All who are competing have earned their place and deserve to be racing.

While I am sorry to say R Lambert did not. If he is (sneaked in) it just makes a mockery of qualifying

Yes I am aware his vehicle broke down, but it did not stop him riding abroad the next day

It kind of makes one think " oh don't need to do qualifying I will get a place anyway ".

And to add, While I think Rory is one my favourites he should not have been allowed in the Qualifying round

British racers are NOT allowed in any Australian championships, the same should be applied here.

If he is riding on an SCB licence he can legitimately ride in the British Final

Many years ago Simon Wigg was Dutch Champion as he chose to ride on a Dutch licence...... his reasoning was the qualifying rounds to the World Final were easier than going through the British route

Hope Cookie gets the title

Schlein told to do one, Lambert in.

Sorted.

• Like 2

Now sky are not involved I would like the meeting to go to a Saturday next year and have the chance of a really good crowd.

Have to agree with that. But they need to careful how much sport is on, as it will affect the attendance

Sorted.

If Schlein is told to 'do one' (which he wont as he has every right to ride wether you agree or not) then no way should Lambert get the place, it should be the next best in the semis

• Like 1

Sorted.

Simon? He did at least turn up for his semi.
  • Like 1

British racers are NOT allowed in any Australian championships, the same should be applied here.

Just letting you know that Kyle Newman, Simon stead, Scott Nicolls, joe screen HAVE ridden in the Aussie championship's... also Ollie Allen & josh auty have won qld titles...