British Speedway Forum
oldywonkenoldi

Redcar Half Team V Glasgow Strong Team

Agree with pretty much all of that. Garrity was definitely moving in every one of his heats I thought, although he did not touch the tapes in heat 1 (apparently confirmed at the time by the video camerman).

Could've sworn I saw him spinning his back wheel, similar to what Derek Sneddon used to do.

Seems Redcar have offered Glasgow a re-staging date of Thursday 16 June. However we should be appealing to have the result stand as ht10 was to be a formality with both home riders excluded and a nailed on 5-0 for Glasgow. I severely doubt the re-staging date will be agreed to regardless.

So not only are speedway rules too confusing for the majority of PAYING CUSTOMERS, some would like to bend those same confusing rules even further to suit themselves, apparently I have read that last nights Sorcerer had an apprentice who was being assessed, Well I hope he failed badly because the decision to blame Coty for the stoppage has been proved by video and photographic evidence to have been Richards fault, so he was totally wrong in a decision that could have had dire consequences, amongst others, and if he passed lord help the riders who risk life and limb to entertain us.

Seems Redcar have offered Glasgow a re-staging date of Thursday 16 June. However we should be appealing to have the result stand as ht10 was to be a formality with both home riders excluded and a nailed on 5-0 for Glasgow. I severely doubt the re-staging date will be agreed to regardless.

Think both are a given and you would like to think common sense will prevail.

15th June is a Thursday not 16th & Glasgow have been offered that. We will be without Ellis Perks again as he will be riding for Rye House that night (so not tying to take advantage of the situation). Grasping at straws if you think a result should be declared because heat ten "would have been" a 5- 0. Both rider could have broken down and it could be a 0-0. Could say that we did not need heat 10 at all as even if the rolls had been reversed and The Bears had been on a 5-0 they would have still been beaten in 10 heats. If heat 10 has to be claimed as a 5-0 then we will claim we could have won the rest off the heats.The rules say you have to have 10 completed heats to declare a result. The referee (even though from Glasgow) did not declare a result on the night so that should stand.

Hang on this is Speedway and the management committee have been known to change or reinterpret the rules mid way through the season in the past (dependant on who is in favour at the time).

Not from Glasgow and anyone in speedway would tell you his name is the GRAND MONARCH

Think the dust should have settled by now . I suppose a lot of things were said out of frustration and in the heat of the moment . Hope Coty is ok and a rider's well being should always be the only concern that matters .

So both teams will just have to dust themselves down and do it all again , and when the restaging happens I hope there isn't any controversy and the best team on the night wins .

• Like 4

Not from Glasgow and anyone in speedway would tell you his name is the GRAND MONARCH

OK may not actually be from Glasgow but why should any Scottish referee referee meetings where Scottish clubs are involved especially as he is known to be cotroverial.Only 2 Scottish clubs so plenty of other meetings to keep him busy. Was actually told by a Tigers fan last night the he attends Glasgow social nights and even got up at one of them to accept an award on behalf of an ex rider who could not attend (did tell me but cannot remember the ex riders name). Sounds like THE GRAND MONARCH is quite close to The Tigers camp as well.

• Like 1

OK may not actually be from Glasgow but why should any Scottish referee referee meetings where Scottish clubs are involved especially as he is known to be cotroverial.Only 2 Scottish clubs so plenty of other meetings to keep him busy. Was actually told by a Tigers fan last night the he attends Glasgow social nights and even got up at one of them to accept an award on behalf of an ex rider who could not attend (did tell me but cannot remember the ex riders name). Sounds like THE GRAND MONARCH is quite close to The Tigers camp as well.

So spit it out what are you accusing the Grand one of exactly ?.

Think both are a given and you would like to think common sense will prevail.

As I said above its not about common sense the rules say you have to have 10 completed heats to declare a result. If we apply your logic then you could say after say heat 7 or 8 if a meeting is called off and one team is so far ahead it could not be caught by heat ten then that team should be declared as the winners. The opposing team would NO we could catch them by heat 15.

10 completed heats is the rule and it must apply or Speedway will become more ridiculed if rules are bent to suit a particular team or situation.

Jim does attend functions at Glasgow , Edinburgh and Berwick . As i'm sure other referees do up and down the country . First and foremost they are speedway fans and unfortunately they are a dwindling bunch in number .

Jim comes down hard on riders moving at the start , always has done . That can result in many reruns , but that's the way it is with Jim . But one thing he cant be accused of is bias towards Glasgow , we often feel quite the opposite .

• Like 2

So spit it out what are you accusing the Grand one of exactly ?.

How many things from last night do you want me to list. I will give you what I feel are the main two.

1)The referee has them best view of the start so why was Jason Garrity adjudged to have touched the tapes in heat one (and put him straight onto 15mtrs) when video evidence has now proved he did not touch the tapes.

2) Why was Coty Garcia going to be excluded from the heat 10 rerun when almost every one in the stadium (including some Tigers fans I spoke to) could see that it was Richard Lawson who drifted wide and lost some control and took out Coty. I have every respect for Richard as a rider but he was obviously at fault this time. As photographic evidence shows.

• Like 1

Re the arguement that the result should be called despite not running heat 10 as the result want in doubt.

The regulations don't allow it so it cannot/should not happen.

Look at the regulation re averages and the requirement for 4 home 4 away. There is provision to award a new average without this being met and it still is not so why would it be decided to make an award of a match result where there is no such provision in any circumstance.

• Like 3

Ok - we will go along with that if you keep the English refs don't do any meetings with English clubs!!

• Like 6

Are speedway fans really suggesting that speedway should become a 9 heat sport? Christ, 12 was bad, 10 is terrible. Why not just run a dozen one lap heats and be done with it?!