British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lynnboy

Gp Riders Engine Tuners

When watching the GP's I always wonder which engine tuner does which riders engines, is there an up to date list of which tuner does who's bikes ?

As I'm sure I heard that there are 8 different tuners in the top 8

When watching the GP's I always wonder which engine tuner does which riders engines, is there an up to date list of which tuner does who's bikes ?

As I'm sure I heard that there are 8 different tuners in the top 8

Tuners not in any order are

PJR - Peter Johns- Woffinden

JAR - Jan Andersson racing- Dudek

GTR - Marcel Gerhard -Lindgren

Fleming Graversen- Doyle

Ashtec - Ashley Holloway - Vaculik

Anton Nischler-Zagar

Brian Karger ??

Brian Andersen ??

Ryszard kowalski ??

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Zagar now using Peter Johns and a Sportowfakty article says that Janowski and another rider flying these days Andrzej Lebedevs are using Polish tuner Ryszard Kowalski.

Zagar now using Peter Johns and a Sportowfakty article says that Janowski and another rider flying these days Andrzej Lebedevs are using Polish tuner Ryszard Kowalski.

Kowalski is Nickis man aswell and he's been on a pushbike for years now...

Vaculik needs to change his..

Vaculik needs to change his..

He's won a GP this year. Maybe its more about learning to use the engine.

He's won a GP this year. Maybe its more about learning to use the engine.

Can't believe you have got into a conversation with that guy!!!! Your standards are falling or is it lonely in Finland :rofl::P

SEEMS that many of this year's SGP riders have been changing tuners of late with seemingly Peter Johns going out of fashion after so much success with the likes of Hancock, Holder and Woffinden, all of whom won World titles using his engines.

Woffinden is the latest to switch to Flemming Gravesen, as did Freddie Lindgren with the GMs he used on Saturday. Lindback is another on Gravesen stuff.

No doubt Peter will come back into favour as soon as one of his riders starts winning again although currently there are not too many of them left in the biggest shop window of all, the SGP.

SEEMS that many of this year's SGP riders have been changing tuners of late with seemingly Peter Johns going out of fashion after so much success with the likes of Hancock, Holder and Woffinden, all of whom won World titles using his engines.

Woffinden is the latest to switch to Flemming Gravesen, as did Freddie Lindgren with the GMs he used on Saturday. Lindback is another on Gravesen stuff.

No doubt Peter will come back into favour as soon as one of his riders starts winning again although currently there are not too many of them left in the biggest shop window of all, the SGP.

while this is fine in the GPs ,this tuner based situation is what domestic speedway needs to get away from ,is it not healthy where tuners are dictating success, how we achieve this is a tough one but a solution would benefit speedway Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

See from Smolis statement after yesterdays GP,he isn't happy with his jawas and say's he has had a good offer from someone else,as his future hangs on the GP Challenge.Not sure who this mystery person is and what engines he will change to.Doubt it will be Egon Müller and his electric bikes though :P

See from Smolis statement after yesterdays GP,he isn't happy with his jawas and say's he has had a good offer from someone else,as his future hangs on the GP Challenge.Not sure who this mystery person is and what engines he will change to.Doubt it will be Egon Müller and his electric bikes though :P

i saw on the telly on sat he had marcel in his pits so I am guessing he will be using the GTR

Rosco described the current situation as an engine tuner merry go round.

Speedway riders without a sense of loyalty? Whatever next?