British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Rebels V Stars Fri 16th June

The Rebels have 2 guests on Fri for for Paddy and Heeps and RR for Wrighty. Not the managements fault, but what a joke our wonderful sport of speedway has become.

• Like 1

Kurtz and Branford in for Palm-Toft and Heeps whilst also operating R/R for Wright.

Liam Carr guests at no.7 for Kings Lynn.

What about Kerr surely hes riding at Peterborough

What about Kerr surely hes riding at Peterborough

From the Rebels site...

On the plus side, although Palm Toft is required to ride for Scunthorpe, Somerset have preference on the services of Lewis Kerr, who also rides for the North Lincolnshire side, as Rebels team manager Garry May explains;

“To explain the situation, with Scunthorpe’s KO Cup match on Friday against Peterborough being arranged after we signed Lewis, we get preference on his services that same night, but as we signed Michael after Scunthorpe had agreed the date for their match with Peterborough, then he has to ride in that meeting rather than for Somerset.”

“But I think we have booked an excellent guest replacement in Brady [Kurtz] for Michael, Brady having been in a rich vein of form for Poole of late, and as an ex-Rebel, he will certainly know his way around the Oaktree Arena.”

“The match itself should be a real cracker, King’s Lynn only just pipped us on their previous visit to the Oaktree Arena, but since then I think we have become a different proposition, especially at home, so we will be going all out to make it three home wins on the trot, while gaining some degree of revenge for that earlier defeat at the hands of the Stars.”

After the main meeting there will be a 4-rider a-side, 6 heat Southern Development League match between the Exeter ‘Chris Richards’ Falcons and Kent Kestrels

I'm between a rock and a hard place on this meeting.

Totally fed up with the situation regarding riders missing etc... It makes you want to walk with your feet.

However...the Speedway lover in me, seems willing to let this go this time. Should on paper be some good racing. Plus there is an extra 6 heats with Exeter v Kent.

I'm going to forget about the rules etc...and just enjoy the racing.

• Like 3

From the Rebels site...

On the plus side, although Palm Toft is required to ride for Scunthorpe, Somerset have preference on the services of Lewis Kerr, who also rides for the North Lincolnshire side, as Rebels team manager Garry May explains;

“To explain the situation, with Scunthorpe’s KO Cup match on Friday against Peterborough being arranged after we signed Lewis, we get preference on his services that same night, but as we signed Michael after Scunthorpe had agreed the date for their match with Peterborough, then he has to ride in that meeting rather than for Somerset.”

“But I think we have booked an excellent guest replacement in Brady [Kurtz] for Michael, Brady having been in a rich vein of form for Poole of late, and as an ex-Rebel, he will certainly know his way around the Oaktree Arena.”

“The match itself should be a real cracker, King’s Lynn only just pipped us on their previous visit to the Oaktree Arena, but since then I think we have become a different proposition, especially at home, so we will be going all out to make it three home wins on the trot, while gaining some degree of revenge for that earlier defeat at the hands of the Stars.”

After the main meeting there will be a 4-rider a-side, 6 heat Southern Development League match between the Exeter ‘Chris Richards’ Falcons and Kent Kestrels

I'm between a rock and a hard place on this meeting.

Totally fed up with the situation regarding riders missing etc... It makes you want to walk with your feet.

However...the Speedway lover in me, seems willing to let this go this time. Should on paper be some good racing. Plus there is an extra 6 heats with Exeter v Kent.

That's the best thing to do Gresham ! I have only been back watching Speedway for three years now since 1978 and I have seen a lot of changes on the technical side i.e. laydown engines, straight frames, offset forks, bike covers and kevlars. From the league and team sides,2017 is light years apart from 1978 back in the old British League and National League days !!! I get exasperated with team absences through European commitments, priority for a Championship sides over Premiership sides. I find it all to much to get my 65 year old head around !!! So I have solved the problem and just turn up and watch the Speedway that is dished up ! I was looking forward to seeing Michael Palm Toft for his debut home meeting on Friday but alas it is not to be and Brady Kurtz is and exiting replacement / guest !!! Lets face it there is a big pool of riders and we watch what were given every week a bit like lucky or not so lucky dip !!! Enjoy your Speedway Gresham !!! :t::drink:

• Like 2

That's the best thing to do Gresham ! I have only been back watching Speedway for three years now since 1978 and I have seen a lot of changes on the technical side i.e. laydown engines, straight frames, offset forks, bike covers and kevlars. From the league and team sides,2017 is light years apart from 1978 back in the old British League and National League days !!! I get exasperated with team absences through European commitments, priority for a Championship sides over Premiership sides. I find it all to much to get my 65 year old head around !!! So I have solved the problem and just turn up and watch the Speedway that is dished up ! I was looking forward to seeing Michael Palm Toft for his debut home meeting on Friday but alas it is not to be and Brady Kurtz is and exiting replacement / guest !!! Lets face it there is a big pool of riders and we watch what were given every week a bit like lucky or not so lucky dip !!! Enjoy your Speedway Gresham !!! :t::drink:

Indeed...very similar to myself. It's hard with this sport, not to get hung up with averages, rules and regs etc, as it is such a big part. But like you...Have seen many changes over the years.

I go on my own these days...none of my mates bother anymore. I've been fortunate, to have been befriended by a few people. We stand in the same place and chat...buy a programme, but we don't fill it in anymore, or very rarely. We just enjoy the racing.

Seems to make the whole experience much better.

Lynn have Kai back on Friday at least..

Just read on Twitter, Liam Carr for Simon.

Edited by Trees

Indeed...very similar to myself. It's hard with this sport, not to get hung up with averages, rules and regs etc, as it is such a big part. But like you...Have seen many changes over the years.

I go on my own these days...none of my mates bother anymore. I've been fortunate, to have been befriended by a few people. We stand in the same place and chat...buy a programme, but we don't fill it in anymore, or very rarely. We just enjoy the racing.

Seems to make the whole experience much better.

:party::t: Keep believing Gresham !!!

• Like 1

Lynn have Kai back on Friday at least..

Just read on Twitter, Liam Carr for Simon.

hopefully after this one 4 home -4 away changes will be forth coming so my guess we will be on strict orders what points to score got keep averages down Edited by Haza

Team changes will be happening after this meeting. If what i heard last night is true most will be please, but cant see us scoring any more points than last night, Its a numbers game.

You, me and probably most other people who turn up week in-week out Gresham. It certainly helps having tracks like the OTA and at the NSS (where I go) that produce top quality racing. I might well have given it all up had we still been at the Greyhound Stadium.

• Like 1

As others have said I also just turn up and watch the racing, I have no real idea who races for who anymore and don't really care. Averages were such a big part for me but there just a joke now. Went to Rye House last night and Swindon tonight. Enjoy a night out watching the racing and having a chat, it's not the same obviously but works for me

• Like 1

You, me and probably most other people who turn up week in-week out Gresham. It certainly helps having tracks like the OTA and at the NSS (where I go) that produce top quality racing. I might well have given it all up had we still been at the Greyhound Stadium.

Imo...the best racing tracks are those that are purpose built for Speedway and not fitted around a Greyhound/stock car/ football/rugby pitch etc.

Shame more tracks in the past haven't been built this way.

Hopefully Swindon's new track will give good racing too...I've pretty much given up with that place, the racing is so poor imo...and I used to be a regular there.

Imo...the best racing tracks are those that are purpose built for Speedway and not fitted around a Greyhound/stock car/ football/rugby pitch etc.

Shame more tracks in the past haven't been built this way.

Hopefully Swindon's new track will give good racing too...I've pretty much given up with that place, the racing is so poor imo...and I used to be a regular there.

Bit of a sweeping statement that. During my time with this sport I have been to many tracks, including quite a few that have since closed. but to say 'fitted around a Greyhound/stock car/ football/rugby pitch etc. is probably more right than wrong, but not all these tracks are poor. The biggest problem is that the sport has changed and bike are now totally different to what was once used... These High revving machines need more space to perform.

Some tracks are destined to be poor each week, others can be good and bad. Some are amazing and serve up top notch racing each week. Of the ones that remain, Belle Vue must be the top choice. but bearing in mind the Planning, and financing if it wasn't, then serious questions would be asked..

The problem we have at Lynn is more to do with the shale than the shape or the Stock Car usage. I am in no doubts if we had the proper stuff, prepared as it should, the racing would be far better.

To me the quality of racing is more important than the result.....

• Like 1