British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

Our group from Ipswich will not be there despite original plans to (good news for Crump99 you get to eat your wine gums today )

When the staging promotion doesnt consider the meeting important enough for his own riders to compete in then personally I dont consider it important enough to spend my money on

I was never going anyway so just looking at the PR disaster from the outside 😲

I'll save them until next time, if there is a next time!

Edited by Crump99

If they keep dropping, our 4 ain't gonna be looking too bad :lol:

If the Bandits win even though I'm not there I expect to hear the Ricky Ashworth song

Not contradicting myself in the slightest, we all have a career to make a living and earn money so going to where the more money is furthering his career. Also in this case he is riding in arguably the best league in the world instead of the championship so it's a better level as well.

You are correct noodles in most situations your employer wouldn't be happy but in this case he has his employers blessing so no problem there, what I'm saying is don't blame Jack we would all do the same as him if given the opportunity, blame the employer for not sticking to his guns IMO

Unbelievable - try thinking outside of the box for a few seconds? Do you seriously think his employer had any choice?

There are two sides to every story is something I have always lived by - and the truth lies somewhere in between!

If the Bandits win even though I'm not there I expect to hear the Ricky Ashworth song

Berwick now have a reserve in the shape of Luke Ruddick.

Going for Sheffield and Scunthorpe from event one with Workington next best

Event 2 i would like to think my boys Ipswich can get through. Would then have said Glasgow but no Worrall is a loss.

So Redcar to get through

And at the risk of not jinxing Ipswich, Redcar to win the whole thing

• Like 1

Richie Worrall has pulled out. Crashed in Poland yesterday. Dan Bewley moves up from reserve.

He's riding apparently. Glasgow unchanged

How anyone can defend Holder and Peterborough over this is beyond me. His duty lies first and foremost to his GB club in one of the most important meetings of the season in front of their own supporters.

Anyone who thinks differently is just being argumentative for the sake of it

I am a Panthers fan of many years and I would like to say I 100% agree with every word.

Compare Holder to nick morris. Nick had committed to the 4s despite the fact that his Polish team was riding. When he was told Berwick were out of the 4s he contacted his Polish team and told them he was now available to ride. Nick recognised his duty to represent his UK club, holder didn't. We need more riders like nick, holder should get a ban and Rathbone should also be fined or at least forfeit his share of any profit from the event

He's riding apparently. Glasgow unchanged

Someone should tell Stuart dickson and the official Tigers Facebook page cos they have him as not riding

• Like 3

Its just another nail in the coffin of UK speedway. I've been a supporter for 28 years all be it a very part time one for the last few years mind.......and over the last 25 years I would say I have just seen the sport become nothing more than a joke & its like watching a very slow painful death. The first 3 or 4 seasons 89-92 were in the main good years I think.

Bring back the old style 1980's NL & Mr Stewksbury to run it.

• Like 1

How much £££££ is Rathbone getting from Torun?

Someone mentioned Holders on £900 a point at Torun. If true that's what's helping to kill British speedway

• Like 2

The rules clearly state that each team must include their top 4 riders by MA. Nowhere does it state that a Promoter can agree to a rider riding somewhere else. This situation has caused untold damage to the sport. I expect a statement from the SCB tomorrow, but won't hold my breath.

• Like 2