British Speedway Forum

NomJack Holder for me; not because he won't be a good rider one day, but because he's obviously spreading himself too thinly and the bright lights of Poland, and maybe Sweden, will ruin his UK form.

Disappointed if james is not in the.side done nothing wrong this season but then matt does not reward loyalty as we already know !!!

• Like 1

With Holders:

M. Janowski, B. Kurtz, C. Holder, J. Holder, A. Ellis, K. Woryna & J. Shanes

Without Holders:

M. Janowski, B. Kurtz, R. Lambert, V. Milik, A. Ellis, K. Woryna & J. Shanes

I also quite like the look of both sides BB. Both fairly young and exciting line ups with Shanes another youngster to balance the points. Again all depends on the limits.

From a cost perspective both the Holders I assume keep cost down as live locally and do they both live together when here ??. Less on the travelling costs I suppose ?? BUT much for me depends on which Holder Senior would we get. The one with real sparkle or the one who couldn't get his engines firing/tuned almost all season. Food for thought plus the big question mark on his appeal anyway. I still think Holder jr would indeed improve with big Bruv in the side.

The second option gives you Milik who surely can only improve his GSA but can you hold him for most of the meetings. If he wins the SEC then maybe a step up to GP ??

Lambert is interesting and perhaps he can improve elsewhere. But remember this is his 4th UK season where Holder Jr is only in his first UK season. I think Lambert could improve at a club like Poole amongst other young exciting riders. He needs to really show now he is destined for the top. Shouldn't be that riders such as Kurtz and Holder Jr are so close to Polish EXL next season but a part fit Lambert was having to try and prove in Pol League 2 finals he is worthy of a place in POL Exl. He isn't even sure of a Nice Pol 1 league place next year. The question is WHY ????.

His injury didn't help his scores in last match with 9 points was it from 6 rides ?? The first leg was 6 from 5 rides. Hardly the scores to attract a Pol EXL side but then he was riding with his leg injury. Even so those scores were in Pol 2nd Div not Pol ExtraL or Nice 1.

You have put Ellis in both teams I assume due to the noises made about Ford signing him as an asset although not formally announced yet. No doubt something soon though now that Matt Ford has nothing to write about now this season is gone.

interesting that team 1 = GSA 43.19 and team 2 = GSA 43.24 according to my calc. If limit was 43 both a problem - 45 not but both options 1.81 and 1.76 points below.

One point though. If you have a 45 point av for 2018 then you could get Bradley Wilson Dean on 4.67 rather than Shanes and fits both set ups. If you could convince him to leave Swindon ;-) If they win the league then maybe not but he looked good last night against our lot and maybe offers better scoring potential at reserve ??. Sorry Swindon fans looking in only playing the Poole 2018 Team game so we can at least play with figures. Cant see any others who would fit the av good enough for Poole.

Problem with doing all this guessing is we could have a massive anti climax on riders signed who we don't think will meet our expectations. For sure 40 or 42 points would not be good for us imo. Even if all are stuck with it.

Anyway all harmless fun until Matt starts naming riders (beside Woryna of course who is already named).

With Holders:

M. Janowski, B. Kurtz, C. Holder, J. Holder, A. Ellis, K. Woryna & J. Shanes

Without Holders:

M. Janowski, B. Kurtz, R. Lambert, V. Milik, A. Ellis, K. Woryna & J. Shanes

I also quite like the look of both sides BB. Both fairly young and exciting line ups with Shanes another youngster to balance the points. Again all depends on the limits.

From a cost perspective both the Holders I assume keep cost down as live locally and do they both live together when here ??. Less on the travelling costs I suppose ?? BUT much for me depends on which Holder Senior would we get. The one with real sparkle or the one who couldn't get his engines firing/tuned almost all season. Food for thought plus the big question mark on his appeal anyway. I still think Holder jr would indeed improve with big Bruv in the side.

The second option gives you Milik who surely can only improve his GSA but can you hold him for most of the meetings. If he wins the SEC then maybe a step up to GP ??

Lambert is interesting and perhaps he can improve elsewhere. But remember this is his 4th UK season where Holder Jr is only in his first UK season. I think Lambert could improve at a club like Poole amongst other young exciting riders. He needs to really show now he is destined for the top. Shouldn't be that riders such as Kurtz and Holder Jr are so close to Polish EXL next season but a part fit Lambert was having to try and prove in Pol League 2 finals he is worthy of a place in POL Exl. He isn't even sure of a Nice Pol 1 league place next year. The question is WHY ????.

His injury didn't help his scores in last match with 9 points was it from 6 rides ?? The first leg was 6 from 5 rides. Hardly the scores to attract a Pol EXL side but then he was riding with his leg injury. Even so those scores were in Pol 2nd Div not Pol ExtraL or Nice 1.

You have put Ellis in both teams I assume due to the noises made about Ford signing him as an asset although not formally announced yet. No doubt something soon though now that Matt Ford has nothing to write about now this season is gone.

interesting that team 1 = GSA 43.19 and team 2 = GSA 43.24 according to my calc. If limit was 43 both a problem - 45 not but both options 1.81 and 1.76 points below.

One point though. If you have a 45 point av for 2018 then you could get Bradley Wilson Dean on 4.67 rather than Shanes and fits both set ups. If you could convince him to leave Swindon ;-) If they win the league then maybe not but he looked good last night against our lot and maybe offers better scoring potential at reserve ??. Sorry Swindon fans looking in only playing the Poole 2018 Team game so we can at least play with figures. Cant see any others who would fit the av good enough for Poole.

Problem with doing all this guessing is we could have a massive anti climax on riders signed who we don't think will meet our expectations. For sure 40 or 42 points would not be good for us imo. Even if all are stuck with it.

Anyway all harmless fun until Matt starts naming riders (beside Woryna of course who is already named).

50 for everybody else, 35 for us work that out

Edited by Starman2006

You are a cynical old sod Starman ;-)

Hope someone on the Forum has an inside track on what the limit will be. Someone must have an idea what has been mentioned/provisionally agreed before the AGM in Nov. It would at least give us some idea where we might be heading on team strength.

Interesting that Lakeside Boss Cook intends to attend the pre AGM meeting as an observer as he wants Lakeside back in the Prem League. If Ipswich and say Sheffield also interested then makes for a bigger and better looking league imo.

At least now that the not so great season that was 2017 is over for us, at least the Poole haters cant moan any more about this season not over for us yet, and we can start to at least dream of an ideal line up for 2018.

Its a long a dark 6 months ahead without the Pirates but lets at least keep the interest up on who we may have for next year.

Hope someone on the Forum has an inside track on what the limit will be. Someone must have an idea what has been mentioned/provisionally agreed before the AGM in Nov. It would at least give us some idea where we might be heading on team strength.

Interesting that Lakeside Boss Cook intends to attend the pre AGM meeting as an observer as he wants Lakeside back in the Prem League. If Ipswich and say Sheffield also interested then makes for a bigger and better looking league imo.

At least now that the not so great season that was 2017 is over for us, at least the Poole haters cant moan any more about this season not over for us yet, and we can start to at least dream of an ideal line up for 2018.

Its a long a dark 6 months ahead without the Pirates but lets at least keep the interest up on who we may have for next year.

Yep yr right it it is, not sure anybody is safe from this season.

Edited by Starman2006

Why would any team sign either Holder? Signing both or either Kurtz is bad enough. Go on Poole make my day & sign all four.

Edited by Col

Disappointed if james is not in the.side done nothing wrong this season but then matt does not reward loyalty as we already know !!!

James should be back imo.

Why would any team sign either Holder? Signing both or either Kurtz is bad enough. Go on Poole make my day & sign all four.

what is wrong with Brady Kurtz, had a terrific season.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

what is wrong with Brady Kurtz, had a terrific season.

nothing seemed to have tailed of a little bit like he did last season ?

am a fan of shanes (watched him many times on the grass)but very much like this yr signing starke wasnt going to win us the league,signing kennett wasnt going to win the league,signing lahti was never going to win the title and by the same reasoning signing shanes for 2018 isnt going to win poole the league

• Like 1

I would think the more teams the lower the points limit.

I would think the more teams the lower the points limit.

That is why I posted earlier that if the premier expands the team limit will be dropped, and knowing the bspa it could be below 40.

Not sure about having Jack Holder back but he does have a low average and the ability to get a max at Peterborough last night so he might be worth another go.

Ned Payne has tweeted lots of changes on and off the track for 2018 and it's only good things apparently!